Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

Opwan said:
Yep, I lost signal on my Android tablet and it still finished the route!
Sorry, Just want to be sure which signal you are talking about:

When you lost signal, does that mean the App reported "Control Signal Lost", like if you turned off the remote controller/transmitter?

As opposed to "Phantom Connection Broken" which the App reports when it loses the wifi connection from the Phantom.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
cryptoron said:
It perfectly finishes the programmed route.

Not that I doubt your answer, but has anyone had this actually happen. Loose control signal and have it continue the route?

Respectfully

Yes.

Dadcat said:
Opwan said:
Yep, I lost signal on my Android tablet and it still finished the route!
Sorry, Just want to be sure which signal you are talking about:

When you lost signal, does that mean the App reported "Control Signal Lost", like if you turned off the remote controller/transmitter?

As opposed to "Phantom Connection Broken" which the App reports when it loses the wifi connection from the Phantom.

BOTH signal.

Once it s "on a mission", you can turn off both remote control, WiFi Extender, and Vision App and it'll continue its mission until finished (assuming nothing went wrong like losing GPS signal, ran out of battery, etc).

Before you ask. Yes, first hand experience on multiple occasions.

yawnalot29 said:
Once it s "on a mission", you can turn off both remote control, WiFi Extender, and Vision App and it'll continue its mission until finished (assuming nothing went wrong like losing GPS signal, ran out of battery, etc).

Before you ask. Yes, first hand experience on multiple occasions.
Thank you!

That answers multiple questions.

Re: DJI Ground Station for Phantom 2 V and V+ Waypoints app

DJI Innovations said:
DJI is releasing the Ground Station function for Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ users at 9am US East Coast Time today, June 24. This function will be available within the updated DJI Vision app for iOS and Android.

Overview
The DJI Vision app is being updated to iOS v1.0.41 and Android v1.0.50.

Major New Features
Ground Station support with:
*Planned flight missions of up to 16 custom waypoints.
*One-touch “Go Home” function.
*Flight safety protection:
**3.1 miles (5km) flight distance limit.
**Ground station is automatically disabled when the Phantom battery level falls below 30%.
**1640ft (500m) maximum flight radius from HOME point, 656ft (200m) altitude limit.

Important: Ensure that your Phantom is running the latest firmware v3.04. Download the updated app from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your phone. If the app is not immediately available on Google Play, you may download it at http://m.dji.net/djivision

Introducing Ground Station for the Phantom 2 Vision Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qajTB3g8TrU

ok if 5km distance is true, why the hell do i have this 1600 foot geo-fence that stops me from going 5km?
i have yet to hear about anyone that doesnt have this 1600 foot limit when setting waypoints. how do you get rid of it?

Re: DJI Ground Station for Phantom 2 V and V+ Waypoints app

Sketch6995 said:
ok if 5km distance is true, why the hell do i have this 1600 foot geo-fence that stops me from going 5km?
i have yet to hear about anyone that doesnt have this 1600 foot limit when setting waypoints. how do you get rid of it?

You don't. That is the distance limit from your Start Point imposed by the program. The 5km is the total LENGTH of your flight plan. Even the full-blown version of Ground Station imposes geofence limits.

My understanding is that the full blown version does not have this 1500 feet limit. perhaps someone who has it can clarify.

Yes, this is a crippled app to wet your appetite. We can check back in the Ground Station section in a few weeks and if there is much more activity, it will show that this worked (probably worked for me ;-).

To be fair to DJI it will probably be enough for 90% of the Vision flyers. I doubt they have released it in the hope of people moving to the full GS app as that is not recommended by DJI. Indeed, before I did the mod to my P2V= last week I had no idea if it would work, no one had previously posted any guides on line and the consensus seemed to be that DJI are against it.

So guys im curious and excuse me if someone has mentioned this. With the way point upgrade doesnt this eliminate some of the fly away issues? Part of the issue was home point lock, doesnt this eliminate it? Because now you see where the bird is starting from In the app..Another part was the flight without gps lock (6+ satellites) you cant do waypoints with enough locks... of course if you are doing autonomous flying. ....

Opwan said:
Remote was still on, App signal was lost, still carried on.
So between your experience and "Yawnalot's" that pretty much confirms that the flight is done completely by data stored in the flight controller. I had assumed it depended on wifi communication from the app, so my guess was wrong. I think that's fascinating.

What I was able to confirm today is that Ground Station appears to work perfectly fine in FW 3.00. I did 2 runs, and it looked like it did what it was supposed to do.

For the record:
Firmware 3.00
Nexus 7 tablet (really old one)

I had no problems except the bird wanted to immediately take off toward the first waypoint, tiltied forward and almost hit the props on the ground before lifting off. The promised 16 foot altitude gain on "Go" didn't happen. That might be because I'm using old firmware. Others have suggested setting the first waypoint straight up. I think I'll just manually take off a few feet before pressing "Go".

Dadcat said:
I had no problems except the bird wanted to immediately take off toward the first waypoint, tiltied forward and almost hit the props on the ground before lifting off. The promised 16 foot altitude gain on "Go" didn't happen. That might be because I'm using old firmware. Others have suggested setting the first waypoint straight up. I think I'll just manually take off a few feet before pressing "Go".

Once you set waypoint, and at the screen before you hit "Go". Manually start the engine, take your quad up in the air and clear all obstruction. Then hit "Go". You'll find it goes MUCH more smooth that way. I launched in my backyard where I got lots of trees, wall, fence, and etc. Not to mention it helps with getting additional visibility to Sat.

yawnalot29 said:
Once you set waypoint, and at the screen before you hit "Go". Manually start the engine, take your quad up in the air and clear all obstruction. Then hit "Go". You'll find it goes MUCH more smooth that way. I launched in my backyard where I got lots of trees, wall, fence, and etc. Not to mention it helps with getting additional visibility to Sat.

+1 This should be standard procedure for both points (satellite acquisition and object clearance). Much much safer than starting a mission from the ground or even setting up an overhead waypoint (which is a hassle anyway).

Opwan said:
I won't have to worry about it before long, full GS on the way! I can save my routes on the cloud and tweak them anytime. :D

Bear in mind the full GS app does not actually store the co-ordinates of the way points when you save a mission as a template. What is does is simply save the shape of the mission but if you recall it each waypoint will not be in the exact co-ord position of when you created them. It does seem strange to me but is the way it is. A template is simply a waypoint shape not the actual individual waypoint coordinates.

When using the waypoint! My phantom vision plus is "eating" the battery... you will loose a lot of flying time when using the waypoint. Anybody else have the same experience??

Regards
Bjorn

Bjorn Thore said:
When using the waypoint! My phantom vision plus is "eating" the battery... you will loose a lot of flying time when using the waypoint. Anybody else have the same experience??

Regards
Bjorn

Yes, few % point.

Someone mentioned that it is more efficient than a human with a constant speed and they can fly longer.
Does anyone know why it would be "eating" the battery? The mission is uploaded in advance. Is there more telemetry being sent, or are they sensing the GPS at greater intervals. It would be good to know what is going on....

Waypoints

I'm excited to use the waypoint system on my vision plus but.
DJI should supply customers with a complete how to instructions to download?
Maybe I missed it somewhere, how do you send the phantom home and land?

Thanks

If this has already been addressed, sorry. When you hit "GO" the the P2V+ it only climbs to about 16 feet, then takes off to it's first waypoint which I have set at 100 feet and slowly climbs to that waypoint. My question is, is there a way to make the P2V+ climb to a greater height at take off, then fly towards it's first waypoint? I've had a couple close calls from takeoff to first waypoint with trees.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing