Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

THANK GOD>
The app auto updated on my iPhone. It still works with 1.08
GS does not work... Or at least I cannot make it work. Other than that everything is all good.

The only reason I will go to 3.xx is if they add 7th channel tilt control on my +

ResevorDG said:
What are the sped you are seeing from:
Slow
Medium
Fast

Thank you.
As posted in the updated manual you can down load form dji:
"Choose from Fast (8m/s), Mid(4m/s)
and Slow (2m/s) for flight speeds:

Love it! If they could let us control yaw while it follows the course I'd be a happy man.

I wonder if the altitude at the waypoints based on actual GPS elevation, or the home position? I can think of some interesting "missions" flying off the top of a mountain, but that might require negative altitude settings depending upon where the altitude data comes from.

Flew 4 missions with no issues, it is working great ... I hope in a future release we are able to set a Point Of Interest or at least give us yaw capability while the Phantom is flying its mission....but so far so good ... charging my batteries for another go this evening.

I flew a quick mission that worked fine as well...... as a side note I am not using the latest firmware either........

It would be nice if we could pre-plot a mission without having to be connected to the aircraft and have a go flight status.(green leds)

joeg1717 said:
I flew a quick mission that worked fine as well...... as a side note I am not using the latest firmware either........

Which firmware version you are using?

I just flew two missions and am impressed with this update.

My video cut outs on Android have also seemed to have cleared up.

Auto landing is eh, so so. I had to jump in on my 2nd auto landing to stop it from going over. The go home feature is a nice save as I was down to 20% charge on the battery and only half way into the flight.

AnselA said:
joeg1717 said:

Which firmware version you are using?

I may have made a mistake in looking at the firmware revision number. Where is that found exactly.......

Agree...pre-plotting would be helpful. I tested it as well today and it worked as described. It was pretty cool actually. Mine seemed to just hover when it came home and so I just manually took over. It was nice to find that if you wanted to change a waypoint, you can just drag it to a new location. The hardest part for me is just getting any precision with the little, hard to see in the sun, phone screen.

joeg1717 said:

It would be nice if we could pre-plot a mission without having to be connected to the aircraft and have a go flight status.(green leds)

****, I had my phone on auto app updates and forgot about it. My phone downloaded the new app and I didn't want it yet. :(

The info says to update to the latest firmware 3.04, but I'm still using 3.0 and don't want to update that yet either. Is this going to be an issue?

Other than the new features, what is everyone's experience with the basic functions of the new app version, any problems, glitches or new problems?

OK, that was very cool! What a rush to see the bird fly away, turn, fly some more, turn and come right home. Very nice. :cool:

Are maps automatically downloaded once on location and setting up for flights?

Channel70Productions said:
Are maps automatically downloaded once on location and setting up for flights?
you need to go to the map/ground station view while connected to the internet and move around/zoom in and out and let the device cache the map area you will be flying in.. then exit and connect to the phantom and that's it! repeat for new areas.. worked perfectly for me tonight!

So has anyone used this yet on older Firmware? Does it 100% have to be 3.04?

How can one resume the mission after taking control (using S1). That would be the solution for the lack of control on the camera.

Just finished my 2 test flight with Ground Station.

Couple of observations:

Craft: P2V+, 3.04 firmware.

Mission Parameters: Flew around a square block around my neighborhood.

Flight 1: Up at 150 ft, square block around my neighborhood. Directly above middle of residential street.
Flight 2: Up at 100 ft, square block around my neighborhood, different block from flight 1. Directly above middle of residential street.

Observations:

1. P2V+ seems to flight slightly off center by about 10 degree or so. After first turn seems to have fixed it a little.
2. After mission completed, it hover in place. No control over craft. Reset (S1 to ATTI back to GPS) to regain control.
3. Have control over camera and camera tilt.
4. Mission continue even after losing connection (might have just been FPV, but could be both. Unsure at this time).
5. This is helluva lot of fun

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl