Received my Limefuel Battery today

Re: Limefuel battery users

PhantomFanatic said:
I haven't heard of such, but I thought the integrated circuit that DJI put into their battery keeps us from using aftermarket batteries. Has someone figured out a work-around??
Disconnect internet when open the phantom 2 assistant, thats the fix.

okay....but why even connect to the internet in the first place?

To fix DJI updates without user permission just do this:

Windows only:
Go to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS file (it's a plain ASCII text file that you can edit directly with Windows Notepad), like so:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

And restart, now the PC cant connect to DJI servers, problem solved, enjoy using the assistant without DJI sneaking with auto updates!

To fix DJI updates without user permission just do this:

Windows only:
Go to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS file (it's a plain ASCII text file that you can edit directly with Windows Notepad), like so:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

And restart, now the PC cant connect to DJI servers, problem solved, enjoy using the assistant without DJI sneaking with auto updates!

Well explained loopback. ;)

****EDIT-DOES NOT WORK****

I will add to your suggestion for those with Windows 7 since UAC prevents modifying host files unless you run notepad "Run as Administrator"

Or if you have a configurable router block it there :twisted:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 473
****EDIT - DOES NOT WORK****

I overkilled it with many variables in list to loopback. Also people that decide to do this edit, you will not see the host file in the folder until you select "All file" down in the bottom right of the editor.

Plus you should NOT PUT # in front of what you add. That is a prompt to tell the computer to not use the statement.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 451
Personally I think this is a bad idea. No doubt there will be a bunch of people who do this and 5 months down the road forget they added that line and wonder why they can no longer get to the DJI website from a browser. I think unplugging the ethernet cord or disabling wireless when using the assistant is a better way to go.

Does not matter, just tested and their update server is clearly not part of that domain. So this fix does not stop auto updates!

Damon said:
Does not matter, just tested and their update server is clearly not part of that domain. So this fix does not stop auto updates!
Looks like the old disconnect from internet its the safer option.

GhostMaster said:
Damon said:
I are ordered the 6000Mah and now scared the latest 330CB update is going to bring back the non-dji battery prompt. I sure wish DJI would stick with creating multi rotors and get the $%@ out of battery business!
Lastest P330CB 1.0.2.8 firmware blocks this lipos, be careful because this update auto installs without permission, which sucks. Very bad from dji trying to block third party lipos.

Mine isn't blocked before or after the update.

The only time I've heard of that happening is when the battery is in and the P2 Assistant auto (or the users) updates the battery firmware. Can you confirm no battery firmware update attempt?

I followed the instructions I found online which said (paraphrased) "use an OEM battery during firmware updates to ensure the battery firmware isn't updated" (or you'll have a paperweight).

On a related note, Amazon customers are reporting battery exchanges with no issues, in the event a firmware update bricks a battery.

RobertMfromLI said:
GhostMaster said:
Damon said:
I are ordered the 6000Mah and now scared the latest 330CB update is going to bring back the non-dji battery prompt. I sure wish DJI would stick with creating multi rotors and get the $%@ out of battery business!
Lastest P330CB 1.0.2.8 firmware blocks this lipos, be careful because this update auto installs without permission, which sucks. Very bad from dji trying to block third party lipos.

Mine isn't blocked before or after the update.

The only time I've heard of that happening is when the battery is in and the P2 Assistant auto (or the users) updates the battery firmware. Can you confirm no battery firmware update attempt?

I followed the instructions I found online which said (paraphrased) "use an OEM battery during firmware updates to ensure the battery firmware isn't updated" (or you'll have a paperweight).

On a related note, Amazon customers are reporting battery exchanges with no issues, in the event a firmware update bricks a battery.
I think you're talking of the battery update that it is not an autoupdate. But in recent days dji update the Central Board to firmware 1.0.2.8 and this one is an auto update and it makes batteries with old firmwares unusables.

Good tip on editing the Hosts file. It's a bit tricky because notepad doesn't see hosts (no .txt extension) and notepad can't write inside the Windows folder either. But people on here are smart enough to figure it out or Google it or whatever.

Once you are done, open a command prompt and ping dji.com to test your work. You should see a reply from your loop-back 127.0.0.1

Of course this means you can't open up the DJI web site and order new props or the Inspire 1 either so keep that in mind. Still, worth it if DJI want's to be playing around with forced auto-updates. Just don't trust those guys.

No more monkey business on my computer DJI!

Not true. It will still update. They use a different site for updates. I figured out the site, but currently messing with how to block it as it will not stop the connection when using the host file edit.

As you can see when DJI programs are started they establish many connections through various ports.

I tried adding its IP into windows Firewall, but it would still get out. I imagine its because the exe is given permissions to make changes when ran.

The only way I could defeat it was to create a "Connection Security Rule" in the advance section of Windows Firewall, that forced authentication when my computer connects with their server. But its only good if their IP remains the same.

SO LONG STORY SHORT DONT PLUG INTO ETHERNET OR DISABLE IT WHILE RUNNING PHANTOM ASSISTANT. :shock:

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 435
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    25.1 KB · Views: 408
OK so I pre-ordered one of the 6000 battery packs and both of my phantoms are updated does this mean that the battery won't work when I get it? Or does it brick the battery when updating the phantom and battery when the limefuel is installed when upgrading?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka