Received my Limefuel Battery today

Not updating the firmware seems to be the common thread for the aftermarket batteries. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

bismarcksea said:
Not updating the firmware seems to be the common thread for the aftermarket batteries. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
+1 still waiting on 6000mah. But definitely won't update firmware.

I have some good info on the Limefuel battery issue with the firmware update.

I ordered my Limefuel batteries on the same day of the battery firmware update from DJI. Shortly after the update, I got this email from Limefuel:

Thank you for your Limefuel L54P DJI Phantom 2 Battery 110-8354597-xxxxxxxxx purchase.

After some initial testing it seems that the latest battery firmware upgrade (V2.6) from DJI renders our L54P unusable. You will not be able to start/fly your DJI at all. If you upgrade/d to this latest firmware our battery will no longer work with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision+. We are looking into this matter and we hope to have a fix available as soon as possible and will keep you updated. If you want to continue using the L54P we suggest that you do not upgrade to the latest battery firmware (V2.6).

Being the calm, non-reactionary that I am, I immediately cancelled the order, which they did with no drama.

But as I read their message again, I came to the realization that this affects the battery only, and if I don't use a Limefuel battery when I am connected to the Assistant, there wouldn't even be a chance of ACCIDENTALLY applying this new 2.6 firmware to my LF battery.

Limefuel responded rather quickly to my emails as I worked this out in my head. They were always courteous and responsive. They confirmed this. Leave the LF battery out of your Phantom when upgrading and it won't be an issue.

So I re-ordered the two Limefuel batteries that I had previously cancelled, and they work really well.

I am disappointing with LimeFuel's service thus far. Send a support issue to them at [email protected]. It's been 48 hours and still not a single respond. I looked all over their web site and can't find a number to call.

I are ordered the 6000Mah and now scared the latest 330CB update is going to bring back the non-dji battery prompt. I sure wish DJI would stick with creating multi rotors and get the $%@ out of battery business!

yawnalot29 said:
I am disappointing with LimeFuel's service thus far. Send a support issue to them at [email protected]. It's been 48 hours and still not a single respond. I looked all over their web site and can't find a number to call.
I had emailed them for some product review information, Over 2 weeks later i get a simple 1 sentence response. Not happy with their service one bit

I didn't have a problem with the service so far.....I emailed support and got a reply the same day. But now I guess I have to wait until Monday to get another reply.

tgreenstone said:
yawnalot29 said:
I had emailed them for some product review information, Over 2 weeks later i get a simple 1 sentence response. Not happy with their service one bit

I know. Makes me wonder how they are going to behave if you are trying to claim warranty repair / replacement. That 1 year warranty is only as good as company that's behind it.

Part of me is curious about cancelling my pre-order. But I cannot find anywhere as to where I could do it

Like I said earlier, I love my Limefuel battery but I'm sure not loving what I'm hearing about Limefuel's support. Not going to buy anything off the Limefuel web page. I might consider buying through Amazon because Amazon has been amazing every time there's any issue of any sort..

tgreenstone said:
Part of me is curious about cancelling my pre-order. But I cannot find anywhere as to where I could do it
Live life on the wild side.

Is it really worth the incompatibilities and possibility of causing the phantom issues for $30 savings?

Quite frankly DJI batteries suck. I see no reason to trust their battery to keep the quad in the air any better than companies that actually specialize in making and selling batteries.

Damon said:
Quite frankly DJI batteries suck. I see no reason to trust their battery to keep the quad in the air any better than companies that actually specialize in making and selling batteries.

I think if you never ever need warranty service from LimeFuel then LimeFuel is a better choice compare to DJI. DJI battery sucks. But if LimeFuel batter needs warranty service and you can't get anyone then it's no better (after all, if there's no issue with battery, why would you need warranty service? And if you need warranty service but can't find anyone to respond to you, then what good is the warranty?)

Anyway... I am hoping there are some good alternatives to the DJI battery. If anyone can report good performance on the LimeFuel battery, then it might be worth the risk.

Limefuel battery users

Hi. For those of you that has been using this battery please let us know about your experience, + or -. Thanks.

Re: Limefuel battery users

I haven't heard of such, but I thought the integrated circuit that DJI put into their battery keeps us from using aftermarket batteries. Has someone figured out a work-around??

Re: Limefuel battery users

phantomi said:
Hi. For those of you that has been using this battery please let us know about your experience, + or -. Thanks.
They have been letting you know already ..
If you search for Limefuel you'd find this thread ... rather than starting your own.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27929&start=80

Damon said:
I are ordered the 6000Mah and now scared the latest 330CB update is going to bring back the non-dji battery prompt. I sure wish DJI would stick with creating multi rotors and get the $%@ out of battery business!
Lastest P330CB 1.0.2.8 firmware blocks this lipos, be careful because this update auto installs without permission, which sucks. Very bad from dji trying to block third party lipos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1