Received my Limefuel Battery today

Reaction score
After careful consideration, I decided to pull the trigger on this battery.
It has a 1yr warranty as compared to 30 days for one from DJI and was less than $100 shipped
I ordered it on Thursday from Amazon Prime and was given a delivery date of Tuesday (10/21).
To my surprise, it was in my mailbox this morning (10/19) and must have been delivered on Saturday.
With the exception of the Limefuel wrap on the cells, it looks just like the OEM battery.
It has the small round contacts like my failed DJI battery.
It was shipped about 50% charge according to the indicator lights.
The lights seem considerably brighter than the OEM battery lights.
Charging it up right now and will test fly this evening (weather permitting) at a low hover for the first full discharge and time it, knowing I get about 18-20 min out of a good DJI battery doing that.
As long as I don't crash land in a tree and have to break out my chainsaw, I should be fine!

I will report back once I discharge the battery.

Mine is on the way, looking forward to your feedback.

Can you please do a weight comparison.
Thanks

Michigan_PI said:
After careful consideration, I decided to pull the trigger on this battery.
It has a 1yr warranty as compared to 30 days for one from DJI and was less than $100 shipped
I ordered it on Thursday from Amazon Prime and was given a delivery date of Tuesday (10/21).
To my surprise, it was in my mailbox this morning (10/19) and must have been delivered on Saturday.
With the exception of the Limefuel wrap on the cells, it looks just like the OEM battery.
It has the small round contacts like my failed DJI battery.
It was shipped about 50% charge according to the indicator lights.
The lights seem considerably brighter than the OEM battery lights.
Charging it up right now and will test fly this evening (weather permitting) at a low hover for the first full discharge and time it, knowing I get about 18-20 min out of a good DJI battery doing that.
As long as I don't crash land in a tree and have to break out my chainsaw, I should be fine!

I will report back once I discharge the battery.
:D I'm definitely interested in your findings.
DB's experience should not be repeated! :lol:

OK, well the weather turned to crap and I wasn't able to take it out last night. I should be able to put it up later today when the rain stops.
The weight difference is negligible
OEM Battery #1 - 369 g (Small round pin contacts)
OEM Battery #2 - 373 g (Square pin contacts)
LF Battery - 372 g

I just received my Limefuel Air L54P 5400,Ah battery from Amazon. It came out of the box with charge indicating two green lights. Plugged it into my DJI standard charger and Nothing. I removed the charger and turned the battery on and then re-installed it on my charger - still nothing. No matter what I do, it will not charge this battery. I then tried an alternate backup DJI branded charger and still NOTHING! There must be something in the charger that somehow knows that this is not a RJI OEM battery. Oh well, nothing to but try and return it so I hope they don't give me a hassle. I noticed that there was a number on the bottom of the battery in China no less.
As far as the physical appearance in every way it seems to be the same mold as the OEM. I put it in my Phantom 2 Vision + and went into a hover for about 5 minutes so it does seem to power the Phantom. No, I didn't take the time to see if and what it reported about the battery to my software displays.

There is no "logic" that checks for battery ID, brand,... whatever with the "charger" it doesn't connect to the smart bus ( the two small contacts on the battery ). It just supplies 4 Amps @ 12.6 Volts and that's it

Michigan_PI said:

BTW, it might have been delivered on Sunday. USPS delivers Amazon Prime packages on Sunday in some areas.

-- Roger

it came USPS (again to my surprise).
I'm glad I didn't pay the extra for Saturday delivery!
Looks like I'll be able to get out in about an hour or so and test fly.

So no charging issues I presume???

Michigan_PI said:
None at all. Mine charged just fine.

[two thumbs up]

Just did a test hover in the front yard.
It was a little breezy with gusts so the Phantom was correcting itself quite a bit in GPS mode.
The battery performed about like a new OEM battery.
The LEDs on the battery corresponded with the power meter on the app and the discharge seemed linear.
The first alarm went off at 20% / 16:15 into the hover
The second alarm went off at 15% / 17:30

Conclusion:
With the exception of the brighter LED lights, a considerably lower price and a considerably better warranty, I saw no difference between the Limefuel and a fresh OEM battery.

Excited to get mine now. Thanks for the info. Be interested to see how it performs over time. My opinion is it can't be any worse than the DJI branded batteries!

Thanks for the experience Michigan_PL. I am looking forward to grabbing a few of these

job2310 said:
Excited to get mine now. Thanks for the info. Be interested to see how it performs over time. My opinion is it can't be any worse than the DJI branded batteries!

That is my EXACT thought!
How many DJI batteries just turned off in-flight!!

[Conclusion:
With the exception of the brighter LED lights, a considerably lower price and a considerably better warranty, I saw no difference between the Limefuel and a fresh OEM battery.[/quote]

Thanks for taking the chance, and better... thanks for posting your results. Its forum members like you that make this site great. I will be purchasing this myself when its time. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1