PV Cases...

Just got my Tradecraft Case yesterday and it works great.

It's a little bigger and heavier than I expected compared to the Goprofessional case I have for my P1 but I couldn't be happier. It' has wheels and a lot of nooks and crannies for bits and pieces including tools, batteries, lens clothes etc.

http://www.tradecraftcases.com/shop/tou ... -2-vision/

I just finished fixing up a Nanuck 945 case.

There are two pieces of thick foam that makes a good way to stow less-used items:

nanuck1.jpg

nanuck2.jpg

nanuck3.jpg

gunslinger said:
Is anyone offering a carrying/storage case designed specifically for the PV yet?

Tanx...
-Slinger

I just started a post about using a Pelican 1510 with the Phantom. So far it is working well for me and it is small enough to carry as a Carry on Bag on the Airlines

Chuggie said:
gunslinger said:
Is anyone offering a carrying/storage case designed specifically for the PV yet?

Tanx...
-Slinger

I just started a post about using a Pelican 1510 with the Phantom. So far it is working well for me and it is small enough to carry as a Carry on Bag on the Airlines

You ARE using the 1510? I looked at it its a nice looking case w handle and wheels and all but when I looked at the dimensions it looked like it would be too small no? If it fits then thats the one I really wanted especially with the RUC PAC setup.

Can you post a picture or two? Please...

Thx James

Tromac said:
I picked up my case from Supercheap Auto and it's perfect! So lucky there was a cheaper alternative.

Not the best job on plucking the foam but it fits snug and safe so that's all that matters.

pvcase.jpg

Ahh good to see someone has already looked into this for us Aussies!! Here is what I discovered so far:

-Go Professional case for the DJI Phantom Vision
http://www.goprocases.com/xb-dji-vision.aspx
The case for the Vision isn't out yet in Australia (expected late Jan/early Feb according to distributor) and I'm guessing the price will be the same as the current Phantom 1 case......an astronomical AU$329!!!....yep and the same case sells in the USA for US$189 :cry:
Admittedly it is a stunning case with proper closed cell polyethylene foam, not the cheap and decomposable pluck able foam. However the price, especially in Australia, is very very high.

-Supercheap Auto Hard Case
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...Safe-Case-515x435x215mm.aspx?pid=326046#Cross
Well this is quite a surprise at $69 and has 3 layers of pluck able foam. The exterior dimensions are ALMOST the same as those of the Go Pro case mentioned above. I had a play with it at the store and it looked like a well made case. My main concern is the height is *slightly* less than the Go Pro case so I wonder how tight fitting it may be for the Phantom Vision.

-Jaycar ABS hard case
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=HB6385
I played with this today. Frankly it is quite rubbish compared to the SCA one. The tabs were very hard to close. At $120 I can't see why you'd buy this instead of the SCA.

So I'm torn now...Wait for the go Pro case which will be the luxury version with the foam ready to go although at a ludicrous $329 or pick up the SCA case now and *try* to cut the pluck able foam properly?

An Update:

I ended up buying this case from Bunnings here in Australia for $65. It seems to be exactly the same as some of the other generics mentioned here by others but just sold under a different name (Craftright).

http://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-20-5-safe-case_p5810184

The dimensions are: W:225 H:435 L:515

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to fit the Phantom VISION very well as the egg shell foam at the top is too thick and pushes on the rotor arms (even without props on). The only way it would fit is if I were to cut sections of the foam in the roof around the motors :(

I suspect the Vision is a little taller than the standard phantom (to accommodate for the hanging camera) and thus despite all the reports of these cases fitting the Phantom 1 just fine, that may not be the case with the Phantom 2.

So now I have to decide if I return it and cough up the AU$329 for the Go Professional Vision case or hack into this one with a knife.

Geert said:
Hi Guys,

My case arrived yesterday. I bought it online by helipal.
http://www.helipal.com/carrying-case-for-dji-phantom-big.html
I am very happy with it. :)
The size is just perfect, can take it with me as carry-on baggage in the aircraft 53 x 45 x 21 cm

It was also pre-shaped for Phantom Vision.

Geert or anyone with this case, can you please elaborate about what accessories you are able to carry (batteries, charger, blades etc...). Is there plenty of padding around the Vision camera? Any downward pressure on the arms or motors from the lid closing?

This would be a huge help. Thank you!

Well my 'Duratool like' case I mentioned earlier isn't going well. I've had a go at configuring the foam etc but it seems it is just too small to adequately hold the Vision and it's accessories. In fact I have to remove the egg crate lid foam completely just for the case to close (even with Props off). I've decided I might just be better off blowing $329 for one of the 'Pro' type cases and avoid the headache.

The Tradecraft does look really good and appears to be a slightly better value than the Go Professional case (being a bit larger, has handle and wheels) BUT what concerns me is that they only offer a 6 month warranty on their website (compared to lifetime with GO Pro) and their site has a quite amateur feel to it (have to order via their ebay store if you're an international customer) compared to Go Professional that seems to be a fully fledged company with distributors etc. Tradecraft is very responsive to email questions though so kudos to them for the service.

So the big question....TRADECRAFT VS GO PROFESSIONAL???? :eek:

djayz said:
Well my 'Duratool like' case I mentioned earlier isn't going well. I've had a go at configuring the foam etc but it seems it is just too small to adequately hold the Vision and it's accessories. In fact I have to remove the egg crate lid foam completely just for the case to close (even with Props off). I've decided I might just be better off blowing $329 for one of the 'Pro' type cases and avoid the headache.

The Tradecraft does look really good and appears to be a slightly better value than the Go Professional case (being a bit larger, has handle and wheels) BUT what concerns me is that they only offer a 6 month warranty on their website (compared to lifetime with GO Pro) and their site has a quite amateur feel to it (have to order via their ebay store if you're an international customer) compared to Go Professional that seems to be a fully fledged company with distributors etc. Tradecraft is very responsive to email questions though so kudos to them for the service.

So the big question....TRADECRAFT VS GO PROFESSIONAL???? :eek:

I just got my case in one day from TradeCraft and it's great as far as durability goes. It's really solid. I put literally every single thing that came in the original Phantom Vision box into this case plus an extra battery and I still have extra pockets left over. The extendable handle and wheels are a great convenience addition too. The locks and hinges move smoothly and snap down firmly.

The only thing that keeps it from being the perfect case is the upper spike foam layer that pushes down on the propeller blades a little more than I'm comfortable with. When the case is shut, it pushes down on all the props so they are bent downward. I left my Phantom Vision with the props on in the case for about 30 minutes and when I opened it all of the blades were slightly bent down. They didn't return to normal until I bent them up and smoothed them out with my fingers. Does anyone here think that the upper foam layer could permanently bend the plastic props down if left in the case for an extended period of time? I know it would be an easy fix for me to just cut out propeller sections in the upper foam but I'd rather not have to do that.

Other than that, I'm really impressed with this case and would recommend it. Let me know what you guys think about the upper foam issue!

It appears that the case from Helipal is 18" wide, about 4" more than the 14"
allowed for USA carry on luggage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl