PV Cases...

PhantomFan said:
Ya know, I kind of concur with this sentiment. I only have a Phantom (not a Vision) and the mcmelectronics case for THAT is even kinda big for distant travel. It's good for tossing in the car and protecting your gear, though. I grossly underestimated how substantial these cases are. I was quite surprised (pleasantly, at first) when I received mine. Now I realize just how heavy and thick-walled these cases are. They're built like the proverbial brick ****-house.

PF

Yeah... I hopped out to the driveway when the UPS truck backed in. The driver said... "Hey Thanks!" then handed over what looked like a small fridge... :shock:

Durable looking and holds everything rock solid, though...

-slinger

Geert, from the picture it looks like there's enough room in between the Vision and the Tx to carve and place a spare battery or 2.
Can you confirm?

There's PLENTY of room for three batteries, spare props and tools! :lol:

PF

Dude! Put the Tx in right-side down, not laying on its back. The case is PLENTY deep. Then you will have a ****-ton of extra room to the left of your phantom. See the pix from"Studiowise" on page one of this thread!!!

PF

CARRY-ON SIZE RESTRICTIONS
It won’t fit. Three words you don’t want to hear when trying to board. To avoid delays and possible checked bag fees, follow these size requirements:
Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels
Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters

Has anyone in Australia found a good case to use? Shipping from the US is just ridiculously priced unfortunately.

Tromac said:
Has anyone in Australia found a good case to use? Shipping from the US is just ridiculously priced unfortunately.

I am using an "SCA" Case I purchased from Supercheap Auto for around $60. It is a tight fit but does the job. It is filled with the pluck out type foam.

loquacious said:
I am using an "SCA" Case I purchased from Supercheap Auto for around $60. It is a tight fit but does the job. It is filled with the pluck out type foam.

Awesome thanks for the info. I did just see that Helipal have a DJI Xmas sale on and their cases are reduced, but still postage to Australia is $100 alone. I'll check out SCA.

Just placed a pre order for the Go Pro Cases for the Vision.

Attachments

• Vision_WM.jpg
    Vision_WM.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 408
Tromac said:
loquacious would you be able to post a photo showing how you fit things in the case please?

Is this the one you bought? http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... 6046#Cross

That is the same product number as mine. I only paid $52.49 for mine however (on sale) ... and mine has slightly different dimensions on the label .... 560X430X215 but I have a feeling they are not all that accurate. I have not got it rigged out yet as I am away atm but I did test it with my Phantom at the store and it definitely fitted.

It pretty much looks exactly like the one in the post just above mine .... phantom fits exactly same way.

loquacious said:
Tromac said:
loquacious would you be able to post a photo showing how you fit things in the case please?

Is this the one you bought? http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... 6046#Cross

That is the same product number as mine. I only paid $52.49 for mine however (on sale) ... and mine has slightly different dimensions on the label .... 560X430X215 but I have a feeling they are not all that accurate. I have not got it rigged out yet as I am away atm but I did test it with my Phantom at the store and it definitely fitted.

It pretty much looks exactly like the one in the post just above mine .... phantom fits exactly same way.

Cheers again! I just bought one online for pickup at the store which is on my way home from work. Much much cheaper option than anything else for us poor Aussies, we always get ripped off by inflated prices and high freight costs.

coloradosky said:
coloradosky said:
coloradosky said:
I ordered this case yesterday:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/2 ... nfirmEmail

$55 with shipping!

Will let you know how it works out.

The case arrived. Laying the PV and controller into their places, looks like we'll have clearance with depth width and height. There are 3 layers of tight pluck foam, plus egg crate on top. 4 latches and a rubber gasket all the way around. Looks larger than carry on size (a negative in my book), so we'll see how well I can pad it inside and post that picture when done.

(in the picture I have removed one layer of foam, and the PV is sitting on 2 layers still in the case)

Now having used this case for a couple of weeks and several flights etc, I'd pick a case that was smaller and easier to travel with, and I would remove the props every time I packed it away for that smaller size benefit. This MCM case is probably too large for carry on, and just feels big. Prop removal and install takes all but 20 seconds, and I wish I'd kept the case smaller. I think 'setting up' the vision before flight by installing props is probably a good opportunity to handle it and get a feel for everything being right before flight, versus popping it out of the case and setting it down for take off. (I'm streamlining the process, but you get it).

Ignore my last post... I now see this one. So which case would you get now? I have the Vision 2. I really want to be able to carry it on the plane. Thanks for your time, your post are very useful.

myvrodrocks said:
CARRY-ON SIZE RESTRICTIONS
It won’t fit. Three words you don’t want to hear when trying to board. To avoid delays and possible checked bag fees, follow these size requirements:
Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels
Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters[/quote

So what case would you recommend that is a carry on and the Vision 2 can fit in? Thanks for your time.

Tromac said:
loquacious said:
Tromac said:

Cheers again! I just bought one online for pickup at the store which is on my way home from work. Much much cheaper option than anything else for us poor Aussies, we always get ripped off by inflated prices and high freight costs.

Good on you !!! Yeah we cop the short end of the stick with prices and freight for sure!!! Let me know how it goes seeing as I have to fit mine together when I get back to Perth !!!

I picked up my case from Supercheap Auto and it's perfect! So lucky there was a cheaper alternative.

Not the best job on plucking the foam but it fits snug and safe so that's all that matters.

pvcase.jpg

Byron Christopher said:
I've read that to cut foam nicely [or fairly nice], first put it in a freezer, then cut away.

imo probably advisable unless you are planning to fully de-humidify the foam before it goes in the case
hot wire cutters are only a few pounds and do a clean job

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik