PV Cases...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is anyone offering a carrying/storage case designed specifically for the PV yet?

Tanx...
-Slinger

Pull_Up said:
I have made my own using the Duratool case that many of the Phantom V1 guys has used. Not the neatest foam cutting on my part, but it holds everything (including charger) safe and secure. Can't fit it with props on, but as they spin on in seconds it's no big deal.

same here, Duratool from CPC here in the UK, £35 delivered.
i agree, i mostly take the props off but with careful positioning i can close the lid with them on for a speedy exit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 2,276
Pull_Up said:
Nice! I decided to move my craft over to the left a bit in the case to allow me to fit the tx with phone mount attached for a speedy entrance. Now it's getting cold I didn't fancy fishing with those screws with numb fingers. :)

ditto, i just take the top right prop off and leave the extender and ipad mini mount on instead! ipad mount plate is shown inserted at the top and i still have rhe iphone clamp with me should i decide not to use the ipad mini.

the only thing not show is my Pebble USB power pack that goes in the slot shown on the left. This is used to charge in the field, it charges my ipad mini, iphone or the extender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 2,221
I bought this one for a regular Phantom. $36.00. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-14355 The same company makes a deeper version which would likely fit the Vision.

Mine is big enough to hold the Phantom, transmitter, GoPro and stock DJI camera bracket, spare Tx batteries, two 2200mah batteries (plenty of room for more), two additional sets of stock props, two battery testers (they drop into the same well as the batteries when packed up), a baggie with the two DJI wrenches and four prop nuts (behind the transmitter), and the Phantom manual.

The red and white handles in the lower right corner represent a 2mm hex driver and phillips head screwdriver, respectively. I’ve saved the space to the left of the Phantom for the multi-battery field charger I ordered. Cover closes without a worry.

No doubt the deeper veersion would prove ideal for the Vision. Just a side note: These cases are shockingly heavy just by themselves.

PF

Attachments

• Phantom-Case.jpg
    Phantom-Case.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 2,240
I used this case for Phantom Vision: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... -/22-17815 (get coupon promo code for 15% off on internet) and Plano 3600 series fishing box (Available at Walmart, Kmart, etc.). MCM box came with four 2 ½ inch thick pick and pluck foam pieces and one 2 inch thick egg crate foam. I only needed three of the pick and pluck foam pieces and I cut the egg crate foam to a six inch wide strip to leave extra clearance for the props although they were just barely touching the top foam.

Everything fits perfectly, can leave IPod and Wi-Fi extender on transmitter, more room in foam if I want to add additional items in the future. I made cutouts for three spare batteries and spare props. Wi-Fi extender looks close to side in picture but it is about ¾ inch from side of box. Phantom is resting on top of bottom foam piece so there is 2 ½ inch more space below it that could be cut out if I added gimbal or longer landing gear.
Pluck foam cuts neatly if you spread the cut slightly apart, then cut top connecting tabs apart with utility knife (about ½ to 1 inch deep). Then push fingers into cut and wiggle fingers while pushing them down to separate the rest of the foam.
I cut the egg crate foam with an electric kitchen knife.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Case 800.jpg
    Case 800.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,154
  • Case2 800.jpg
    Case2 800.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,160
AHill said:
I used this case for Phantom Vision: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... -/22-17815 (get coupon promo code for 15% off on internet) and Plano 3600 series fishing box (Available at Walmart, Kmart, etc.). MCM box came with four 2 ½ inch thick pick and pluck foam pieces and one 2 inch thick egg crate foam. I only needed three of the pick and pluck foam pieces and I cut the egg crate foam to a six inch wide strip to leave extra clearance for the props although they were just barely touching the top foam.

Everything fits perfectly, can leave IPod and Wi-Fi extender on transmitter, more room in foam if I want to add additional items in the future. I made cutouts for three spare batteries and spare props. Wi-Fi extender looks close to side in picture but it is about ¾ inch from side of box. Phantom is resting on top of bottom foam piece so there is 2 ½ inch more space below it that could be cut out if I added gimbal or longer landing gear.
Pluck foam cuts neatly if you spread the cut slightly apart, then cut top connecting tabs apart with utility knife (about ½ to 1 inch deep). Then push fingers into cut and wiggle fingers while pushing them down to separate the rest of the foam.
I cut the egg crate foam with an electric kitchen knife.
Hope this helps.

Ah now I like that. That's what I am looking for. I like the extra room for sm tool box. Sweet set up. I also like that everything is pull out and fly..ready to go. Nice.

Pull_Up said:
I have made my own using the Duratool case that many of the Phantom V1 guys has used. Not the neatest foam cutting on my part, but it holds everything (including charger) safe and secure. Can't fit it with props on, but as they spin on in seconds it's no big deal.

I've come to the same conclusion. I don't think it's worth the effort to stress over storing the PV with the blades on and also take a chance of damaging them. They go off/on in seconds... I changed all four blades yesterday using the supplied wrench and it was very quick and not close to being a hassle...

-slinger

AHill said:

I just ordered one of these thanks to the input from you guys. I love the idea of the separate box to hold the small stuff and I'm gonna plagiarize that... :cool:

Thanks...
-slinger

AHill said:

Do you know what size that Plano box is? There's a bunch out there in the 3600 series...
Thanx again...

-Slinger

Do you know what size that Plano box is? There's a bunch out there in the 3600 series...

Gunslinger, I think all in the 3600 series are the same size with different dividers, 3700 series is a different size. It measures 7 1/2 inches by 11 inches by 1 3/4 inches. It sits against the bottom of the MCM case and the egg crate foam presses firmly against the top of it when in the case. It was a box I already had and I had to cut one divider to fit the charger into it, a different one in the 3600 series may have different dividers.

AHill said:

Gunslinger, I think all in the 3600 series are the same size with different dividers, 3700 series is a different size. It measures 7 1/2 inches by 11 inches by 1 3/4 inches. It sits against the bottom of the MCM case and the egg crate foam presses firmly against the top of it when in the case. It was a box I already had and I had to cut one divider to fit the charger into it, a different one in the 3600 series may have different dividers.

Thank you sir!!!

-Slinger

coloradosky said:
I ordered this case yesterday:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/2 ... nfirmEmail

$55 with shipping!

Will let you know how it works out.

The case arrived. Laying the PV and controller into their places, looks like we'll have clearance with depth width and height. There are 3 layers of tight pluck foam, plus egg crate on top. 4 latches and a rubber gasket all the way around. Looks larger than carry on size (a negative in my book), so we'll see how well I can pad it inside and post that picture when done.

(in the picture I have removed one layer of foam, and the PV is sitting on 2 layers still in the case)

Attachments

• pv1.jpg
    pv1.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 490
  • pv2.jpg
    pv2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 517
Huntwithdad said:
coloradosky said:
I ordered this case yesterday:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/2 ... nfirmEmail

$55 with shipping!

Will let you know how it works out.

Great case for a great price but they are back logged for 65 days nad i need a case!!! Does anyone have an alternative case manufacture that would work for the FV2???

You're kidding!!! I just got mine two days ago. Must've been the last one!!!
Sorry, bro...
-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1