Battery Question

Reaction score
I had to mothball my P4P v2 for a few months. Batteries are discharged to storage levels. I want to do a ground check and startup to update firmware etc. Is it okay to run the stored batteries for this purpose, or should I fully charge and then discharge for any additional storage.

For viewing information in the app, battery level won’t be a problem. Updating will ask that the battery be charged if it senses too low a level of charge.
The V2 doesn’t get a ton of attention from DJI and probably you will not see any update that’s needed. I have seen information that claims an update concerning the RID debacle, but I’m not going to hold my breath on that one.

Reactions: snowghost
Agree...DJI has pretty much dumped the Phantoms. I have the P4P V1 and haven't seen an update in about 2 years.
I keep my batteries charged and if not used, let them go to storage. If all the way down, I charge to storage level.

Without doing a bunch of digging, I seem to remember the last V2 update addressed the slight yaw issue that many people were struggling with. I think it helped one of the aircraft I was using at that time and was updated only after months of reading comments from all that had hit that button. Way too many unknowns in updates for me to get excited about when an aircraft is working well with the firmware it’s on.
If DJI does implement an update to allow RID compliance for the V2, I would again watch for whatever duration of time needed to see what others are finding in that new update prior to pushing any buttons.

Without doing a bunch of digging, I seem to remember the last V2 update addressed the slight yaw issue that many people were struggling with. I think it helped one of the aircraft I was using at that time and was updated only after months of reading comments from all that had hit that button. Way too many unknowns in updates for me to get excited about when an aircraft is working well with the firmware it’s on.
If DJI does implement an update to allow RID compliance for the V2, I would again watch for whatever duration of time needed to see what others are finding in that new update prior to pushing any buttons.
Especially if it is non-reversible.

Reactions: Aairon and Starz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl