Phantom Terminator Linear Antenna?

If you have that much of clearing I would do that when you're down that low. It can shut down at any time. Falling 3-5ft into tall grass isn't really much. And sure as hell not as bad as dropping 100+ft. If I remember correctly, there was no damage to Keith's P3. He's a great pilot.

He certainly seems like it! I think I remember db saying running it down to 0 can cause permanent damage to the battery. Is that where you can get it unbalanced and cells under 3V?

DB mentioned something I forgot... When you're glued to the tablet watching voltages and distance and you are flying by GPS/maps guiding it in...Then you gotta look up and spot it and bring it down! Nerve wracking but such a rush. Here's my video, you can see stick controls and at the end, auto land starts at 11%. You'll see me throttling it and also allowing it to descend. This was an adrenaline rush because it was night time and 99% over water.

Reactions: rulppa
Well Beau, like Ed sEd,
When you got a mile to go at 10% (its very doable) its a fine balancing act of keeping the ascend up
Just enough, all while keeping the bird from yawing cause yer playing with "that stick"and making sure the transition from fpv to eyes on the bird all while trying to keep it in a straight line at just the right descending speed to make sure its catchable when it does reach you at 0%.
Be clear that kind of flying is not for everyone, and its a skill that usually has it hardknocks!
Oh you wanted know what happens when you ride 0% for 2000' & it quits, this is rare footage cause usually. When it quits so does the recording but this my p2 gopro bird that I pushed too far![emoji41]
Dropbox - 10video-5270.mov
Oh man, not good! That footage is amazing though!!! They flip upside down then when they fall?

DB mentioned something I forgot... When you're glued to the tablet watching voltages and distance and you are flying by GPS/maps guiding it in...Then you gotta look up and spot it and bring it down! Nerve wracking but such a rush. Here's my video, you can see stick controls and at the end, auto land starts at 11%. You'll see me throttling it and also allowing it to descend. This was an adrenaline rush because it was night time and 99% over water.
WOW Ed, if you would have miss calculated that 1% would it have been game over? How do you guys calculate when to turn around? The more you do it, you just know? Also what software is that where it shows your speed, tital distance ect. like that?

WOW Ed, if you would have miss calculated that 1% would it have been game over? How do you guys calculate when to turn around? The more you do it, you just know? Also what software is that where it shows your speed, tital distance ect. like that?

My batteries were drained to near 0 so I estimate I was a few seconds away from dropping. We test a lot and know how the bird handles with different batteries, weights, and environmental conditions.

The software I use for the bottom overlay is Dashware.

Oh wow, skim the grass then? Generally, would the gimble get damaged then, or would the Phantom be okay?
Its a luck-of-the-draw situation if you fall in grass from 3 feet. I can tell you from lots of crash/autoland experience ( probably pushing a 100, hell if you,ve seen my flytrex logs its 10 this last month alone) the p3 gimble is made of very cheap materials almost like dji wanted them to break! My ONLY two P3 gimbles I've destroyed were just from a slow autoland on very uneven surfaces. The p2 gimbles I've crashed have fallen out of trees and survived.
I come to the conclusion just recently that because our distances are so great now and our flight times are so long and the record flight distance is set so high, if you don't think you're going to make it back home and it's not a blow your mind record, then just auto land it after it hits 10% in a nice safe place! Believe me I'm all "no guts no glory"but there'll be a lot of days to fly records this summer if you just use your head[emoji41]

Every flights different! There's honestly no way to teach, describe, predict or instruct when to turn back. It has literally 100 variables that you have to decide each flight and unfortunately you wont know 75 of those variables until you turn around and head back!
You really got to go w/ yer gut, and most of the time thats even wrong[emoji41]

Reactions: Ed209
Well Beau, like Ed sEd,
When you got a mile to go at 10% (its very doable) its a fine balancing act of keeping the ascend up
Just enough, all while keeping the bird from yawing cause yer playing with "that stick"and making sure the transition from fpv to eyes on the bird all while trying to keep it in a straight line at just the right descending speed to make sure its catchable when it does reach you at 0%.
Be clear that kind of flying is not for everyone, and its a skill that usually has it hardknocks!
Oh you wanted know what happens when you ride 0% for 2000' & it quits, this is rare footage cause usually. When it quits so does the recording but this my p2 gopro bird that I pushed too far![emoji41]
Dropbox - 10video-5270.mov
Nice footage

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE!!

TERMINATOR PANEL FOR SALE, includes FPVLR bracket and original bracket. Will not fit in my motorcycle topbox. [email protected]

$150

ee0b19631dd43369f033f94894fe6afb.jpg
ea2b90bfd4a2db21b8a6cc7df48ffca6.jpg
d01b553874fe20f203ce8ec4c2178056.jpg

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE

Last edited:
**** if i had the extra $$ i would definitely jump on that!!

Guys, Can I use 2,4GHz FPVLR dipoles on UAV side with HorizonFPV Terminator kit

I would not see any problem. From my understanding the panels work very will with the Dipoles type antenna, better that the clover leaf.

I would not see any problem. From my understanding the panels work very will with the Dipoles type antenna, better that the clover leaf.
Thanks for help mate, I am going to purchase a pair and install it instead of HorizonFPV50/50 UAVside antenna

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl