Phantom Terminator Linear Antenna?

**** bro, you got the extreme terminator ordered? With the 5.8! I'm wicked jelly
yeah i did haha!!! That's why I'm considering selling my boosters to make up the cost! Who knows, maybe I'll use them to do a one way flight as well! I can't believe you got that thing to Colfax, isn't that a 25-30 minute drive from you??

Reactions: seb evans
I would of thought closer to Newton
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1462337067.497042.jpg

Grey area in front of A/C is newton
Dark spot above A/C is colfax
Big grey area between A/C & homepoint is altoona
Home point is where 35 meets 80 by ankeny ( east mixmaster)
For those couple of you familiar with Iowa

View attachment 52543
Grey area in front of A/C is newton
Dark spot above A/C is colfax
Big grey area between A/C & homepoint is altoona
Home point is where 35 meets 80 by ankeny ( east mixmaster)
For those couple of you familiar with Iowa
Hey db next time at my moms (Newton) fly that thing over to my house! Just kidding lol, that absolutely insane. Is that the skunk river then?

Reactions: dirtybum
Hey db next time at my moms (Newton) fly that thing over to my house! Just kidding lol, that absolutely insane. Is that the skunk river then?
Almost made it to the skunk river[emoji41]

I just got an idea - I'm gonna take my 25 foot telescoping tailgate flag pole, make a solid mount for it on my property and mount an antenna or two on the top of that bad boy.

Yeah I'm tryin' to think outside the box too...

Reactions: Ed209
View attachment 51992
PIII standard using terminator for the Wi-Fi unboosted, I'm at 16,000 feet full bars

I'm gunna stick with the extreme unboosted for a while, definitely a plus not having to worry about amps!

I saw Keith McCormik's video, where he landed it at 0%!

What happens when you hold the throttle up while it's trying to land at 0% and you run the battery dry?

Will it fall from the sky or simply land?

Last edited:
I'm gunna stick with the extreme unboosted for a while, definitely a plus not having to worry about them!

I saw Keith McCormik's video, where he landed it at 0%!

What happens when you hold the throttle up while it's trying to land at 0% and you run the battery dry?

Will it fall from the sky or simply land?

You gotta finesse the throttle to keep it from landing. If you leave it neutral it will descend and land. It's a delicate balance. I've had to fight the landing from 1.5mi out and landed at 1%.

You gotta finesse the throttle to keep it from landing. If you leave it neutral it will descend and land. It's a delicate balance. I've had to fight the landing from 1.5mi out and landed at 1%.
okay I guess what I'm trying to say is, what if it's already at 0% and you've been keeping it from landing?

You're trying to make it home, and you run the battery dry.

If this happens, will the Phantom free fall from the sky, or land immediately? I don't picture a happy ending here.

okay I guess what I'm trying to say is, what if it's already at 0% and you've been keeping it from landing?

You're trying to make it home, and you run the battery dry.

If this happens, will the Phantom free fall from the sky, or land immediately?

Yup...See a practical example here:

Oh wow, skim the grass then? Generally, would the gimble get damaged then, or would the Phantom be okay?

If you have that much of clearing I would do that when you're down that low. It can shut down at any time. Falling 3-5ft into tall grass isn't really much. And sure as hell not as bad as dropping 100+ft. If I remember correctly, there was no damage to Keith's P3. He's a great pilot.

Reactions: seb evans
Well Beau, like Ed sEd,
When you got a mile to go at 10% (its very doable) its a fine balancing act of keeping the ascend up
Just enough, all while keeping the bird from yawing cause yer playing with "that stick"and making sure the transition from fpv to eyes on the bird all while trying to keep it in a straight line at just the right descending speed to make sure its catchable when it does reach you at 0%.
Be clear that kind of flying is not for everyone, and its a skill that usually has it hardknocks!
Oh you wanted know what happens when you ride 0% for 2000' & it quits, this is rare footage cause usually. When it quits so does the recording but this my p2 gopro bird that I pushed too far![emoji41]
Dropbox - 10video-5270.mov

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor