Phantom 4 Night Blades

I'm open to suggestions. But the prop has to be modified to accommodate a flat surface for the battery! Also the battery could be smaller! But must be 3V, unless a lower voltage LED can be found. But I've found tiny SMD LEDs pre wired so that's what I went with. Heavy duty double sided tape to hold it in place, or a way to 3D print a holder with a positive & negative connection. Or even a way to make it so you can just charge a small battery rite from the prop, but I think that would add to much weight....like I said I'm open to suggestions, but I have an idea of what I'm going to use to tweak this mod!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You have some great ideas. The point I'm making is that somebody could develop this idea and put it in production before you get your designs completed. You may need to combine your efforts with someone who can make these parts for you. Design is only the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey if they do, it's because they have the money to do it! Just as long as I know I was the FIRST to put it out there!!!

See RemyHely posted that YouTube vid on how this one dude cut the prop in half and still able to fly the drone, so In fact that he even flew it into a tree and the prop cut the leaves instead of falling! So see this drone has way more capabilities than we think.
And I got this guy "WilsonFlyer" hatin on me cause of balancing issues and ....oh your gonna hurt someone...and oh your get yourself hurt. This guy cut the blade in half and still flew the drone!!! THANK YOU REMY!!! I've seen this vid also and was very impressed!

See that's incredible....and I got this guy over here saying ....oh just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it! Unbelievable....sometimes modding something can make it work better!

"LOOK AT THAT" And tell me that wouldn't look cool in that night sky flying!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to see folks working on improving ideas, suppose I am a little sad that this community online like so many others can be devisive and lead to infighting in our efforts. It's a cool mod, and we should really be thoughtful of the dangers of modding, but guys why break him down and talk about how it's already been done or belittle a person for doing something new? Expressing concerns is fair, but find your own lane and do your thing. I don't think he did anything to warrant treatment of being irresponsible. Nothing wrong with expressing a little information on aerodynamics, but it seems like you are taking this personally. How about some math if you really want to demonstrate the problem? Anyone qualified to post that up? Would love to see the numbers and really know for sure if this is stretching safety margins...

If we could find a way to avoid the battery would be super cool.

Like applying some non toxic citric based gel coat on whole blade surface.

The Lemon Blade !

...yet ANOTHER example of why theres needs to be MORE STRINGENT Licensing Requirements...
...i.e. 1,000$ Life-Time License, 200$ Yearly ReCert (after the 1st yr), 3 TOTAL Stupid Mistakes (or premeditated idiocy like this) and you Lose
your privilege to hold the Life-Time License and are banned, any single incident resulting in serious injury or loss of life results in immediate loss
of license, ANY incident resulting from reckless operation (or premeditated idiocy like this) results stiff fines and/or forfeiture of the craft...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Ok guys, this thread seems to be a little out of control. If it continues it will be closed.

Look at that....what a cool mod! Now I feel like I'm playing video games when I'm flying[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

...yet ANOTHER example of why theres needs to be MORE STRINGENT Licensing Requirements...
...i.e. 1,000$ Life-Time License, 200$ Yearly ReCert (after the 1st yr), 3 TOTAL Stupid Mistakes (or premeditated idiocy like this) and you Lose
your privilege to hold the Life-Time License and are banned, any single incident resulting in serious injury or loss of life results in immediate loss
of license, ANY incident resulting from reckless operation (or premeditated idiocy like this) results stiff fines and/or forfeiture of the craft...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Here....here's your reckless! I happen to be a fine pilot....lemme see you try that....HATER!

I really can't believe the NERVE of some people! They think they are representatives of the FAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't believe the NERVE of some people! They think they are representatives of the FAA.

Not sure what you saw wrong with the stick mod. That has no bearing on safety. The city flight was reckless but also staged... did you notice how not one person, even those he passed by within 10' never acknowledged or look at the loud, buzzing, blinking wind machine?

Also, PLEASE stop posting the same videos over & over again in the same thread. Also, please stay on the topic you started. This is the nice warning. ;)

Wow...you think that was staged?[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] everyone in that In tire neighborhood knows who I am and my capabilities!........staged? Your out of your mind sir!

People here are trying to impress upon you the safety aspect of the hobby. Some may call them toys but they deserve your full respect. If you knew how your UAV worked you would see why some members are concerned.

OK, maybe not staged, but why do the people in your video not even look at the quad? That seems strange to me. o_O
Some skilled or lucky flying in all those wires!

PS - you live in a TFR zone for a few more days so be careful
Beginning Date and Time : September 18, 2016 at 2115 UTC
Ending Date and Time : September 21, 2016 at 2045 UTC

Yes it was, but it's not the first time I've done this...everyone is just used to it. And I can RESPECT the safety aspect of the hobby...I truly can! But do you think I would create something that I thought would reck my $1500 drone? Or someone's property! And who are you guys to even say it's a safety risk? Because the blades are unbalanced....do they look unbalanced to you? Have you checked out the video I posted? Dose there seem to be a safety issue...listen the P4 blades are a failed design as it is! How long or how many hours do you think your gonna get until that little metal piece that provides pressure to the blades to hold them up is going to last? Take it easy....no ones gonna get hurt! I never thought that this post would get so much safety concerns! I've seen guys do these types of mods to helis and you don't see anyone breathing down their necks.

Yes it was, but it's not the first time I've done this...everyone is just used to it. And I can RESPECT the safety aspect of the hobby...I truly can! But do you think I would create something that I thought would reck my $1500 drone? Or someone's property! And who are you guys to even say it's a safety risk? Because the blades are unbalanced....do they look unbalanced to you? Have you checked out the video I posted? Dose there seem to be a safety issue...listen the P4 blades are a failed design as it is! How long or how many hours do you think your gonna get until that little metal piece that provides pressure to the blades to hold them up is going to last? Take it easy....no ones gonna get hurt! I never thought that this post would get so much safety concerns! I've seen guys do these types of mods to helis and you don't see anyone breathing down their necks.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool mod. It could be a big seller, just do it right, thats all people are saying. Sure some are probably haters but that is the way it is, most just want people to be safe and in doing so being a good steward to the hobby.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl