Phantom 4 Night Blades

More seriously from my previous post. These kind of mods are looking nice but flying in public is clearly a no no as there is potential risks, and not necessarily immediatly observable. Just think about the impact of possible vibrations on electronic boards.

And even if everything works perfectly it is not a good idea to potentially increase risks, goal being to be respectful with the drone community. Because the below can happen;

Don't underestimate there will be people trying to copy the concept but not necessarily with same acuracy or safety mesures.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's all I said until everyone insisted on escalating the issue because they didn't want to hear the answer.

Just so you know. You seem kind of bowed up and proud of your mod like you've done something original, hence the criticisms. I assure you there's nothing original here except the platform you did it on, and even that's been done before.

Having said that, what you are actually doing is creating danger. Your obvious lack of expertise in RC is showing. You show a total disregard for the fact that not only one propeller, but FOUR are now greatly out of balance, thus creating a potentially dangerous situation for you and those around you.

Also drilling a hole in the hub is a BIG no-no. Ask anyone that was around in the early days of the 350QX how a weakened hub works out. You have jeopardized the structural integrity engineered into an already weak design to begin with (THAT is the nature of plastic RC parts and beyond your control.).

These are just facts. They are not personal, but we have a fiduciary responsibility to expose potential risks so others realize the potential jeopardy they may cause, and that's exactly what I'm doing here.

It's like a lot of things. It's cute until an accident occurs. Then it's not so cute anymore.

I have a fiduciary responsibility to not allow you to use words you don't understand.

078c7d810f26b0aa758948a52899ff2a.jpg

2) adj. defining a situation or relationship in which a person is acting as a fiduciary for another.

Don't waste yourself. I won't see it anyway.

DA

Ok dude it's not that serious and your taking it to a hole other level! Just enjoy my mod and check me out on YouTube...geolopez914, and try to leave some positive feedback ok....think you could do that Wilson? Cmon, it's just night blades.......not that serious ok!

I think you REALLY like my mod! So much that it makes you angry that you didn't think of it yourself.[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Why don't you just put
check me out on YouTube...geolopez914
in your signature geolopez instead
of keep posting it .

OK guys, let's all dial it back a few notches. And @geolopez73 please do not post your YT handle again, anywhere on the forum. Like Dirkclod said, you may put the link in your signature if you like.

Take a look here to avoid any issues in the future - Community Guidelines

Carry on.

Forgot to mention... Run another one or a dummy wire to balance that thing out. Throw a prop on a balancer sometime and see what happens. There must be a way to secure a battery in the center without cutting the blade... Some sort of cap or crown to hold them then attach it to the top of the prop. Think miniature pizza table, the little plastic table that holds the top up. :D

If your gonna do it, do it right and do it safely.

Need a flat surface to place the battery, as long as the battery is placed directly in the middle of the blades, it will just spin there. And the wire weighs grams at best....yea sure it's throwing off the balance a bit,but who cares? It still flys and it was just a thought. Unbelievable that I've gotten this much attention from an idea!

Last edited:
And the top cap can pop off very easy! The blades are still able to lock in, taking off the cap and grinding down some of the plastic didn't compromise the blades at all.....hasn't anyone done this before?

I think it's cool! Hey everyone told Blackberry to keep doing the same thing, because it's popular! Look at them now! Obsolete! The iPhone ate their lunch.

Maybe you need to start a Kickstarter campaign to make a commercial version?

I think they have ones that turn on with inertia!

2) adj. defining a situation or relationship in which a person is acting as a fiduciary for another.

Don't waste yourself. I won't see it anyway.

DA

Don't waste myself? Fiduciary is used wrong. But I'm sure the dictionary is wrong.

Anyway, don't you waste yourself, I will maintain my fiduciary and judiciary status to comply.

For those who asked how I did it....here it is!
6fe3227c9fe6771954678cdc0a9d65ac.jpg
ac92837744f0ecc440b4270400cf49b6.jpg
4476d1794c5e0d0c62ee674a0862bc25.jpg
4cf413e571fa1b6344335caa90fe4e97.jpg
c05feafe316aaa6fd4d81fefeacdfb8f.jpg
21b4d0e76629e0087ce3db79eec4cfbc.jpg
2a0f5f12c4f8732b8d2aebb58087a216.jpg
f18e2453bac22e0e003e4563cf18dafb.jpg
4f47da11529c38098b21446298b836b0.jpg
ff13ac08f5a866b77cc4b05d9007e852.jpg

Have you considered using conductive tape copper or aluminumhttps://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...faGQFS4Yu7ZPZEOM5GMdJxdZoqHGxe44YAaAr398P8HAQ.
I place a small piece of tape to the positive wire to turn them on! Just looking for the rite holder for the battery's. Don't want to add to much weight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yo that is a hot case speedz....I have the FPVLR antenna my self and I'll will be in the market for a case soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1