Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

They are the one's I started with the black one's inside and long ones outside .Then just kept on till I got mine tweaked .
You have yours like mine and something just not right . I wouldn't think the panel is bad but I guess ya never know .
You haven't did this last update have you ?

They are the one's I started with the black one's inside and long ones outside .Then just kept on till I got mine tweaked .
You have yours like mine and something just not right . I wouldn't think the panel is bad but I guess ya never know .
You haven't did this last update have you ?
My cables are exactly like yours. I did upgrade to the latest firmware. But I could not get anywhere near stock antenna with older firmware either. I don't see any difference in long distance flight between these 2 firmware versions with DBSmod.

My cables are exactly like yours. I did upgrade to the latest firmware. But I could not get anywhere near stock antenna with older firmware either. I don't see any difference in long distance flight between these 2 firmware versions with DBSmod.
I had seen where some were having some issue's with the new update is why I asked.
I'm not sure what to tell you other than just keep on switching stuff till you find your sweet spot
From all the different distance's I've been seeing here all I can see is all these TX's are not the same .
You seen what I got . Why you can't has got me stumped . Your doing everything right ..

I had seen where some were having some issue's with the new update is why I asked.
I'm not sure what to tell you other than just keep on switching stuff till you find your sweet spot
From all the different distance's I've been seeing here all I can see is all these TX's are not the same .
You seen what I got . Why you can't has got me stumped . Your doing everything right ..
It is possible that you might have a bad cable ? I dono

I'll switch out the cables that come with dbsmod kit and see what happens. Will report back...Thanks, @dirkclod.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lol...I definitely need it [emoji2]

Hey, any chance you just have the cables on backwards? I had to do a double check when I followed Dirks Ebay link to make sure one side was supposed to be a RP and one standard male. With right angles on both ends of the cables from Ebay, It could be easy to get them reversed.

That's my next task actually. Thanks for the suggestion [emoji2]

how did using the original cables work? if that doesnt work, you might have to do process of elimination to find out the problem. Try putting back the stock antennas to see if you are getting the same range as you were getting with the stock before. If you are, then it is a problem with dbs or cables, if you aren't then its possible the connectors on the rc got damaged? Also, are you using hot glue to hold down the connections?

I didn't glue my u.fl connectors down. Think I probably should, and if so, what should I use? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I didn't glue my u.fl connectors down. Think I probably should, and if so, what should I use? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just used a regular hot glue gun from cvs. I didnt use too much glue, just a little dab.

Reactions: Santiego
got my mod installed today by the way... not sure when i will get to test as the weather has been bad here and will be for a few more days.

how did using the original cables work? if that doesnt work, you might have to do process of elimination to find out the problem. Try putting back the stock antennas to see if you are getting the same range as you were getting with the stock before. If you are, then it is a problem with dbs or cables, if you aren't then its possible the connectors on the rc got damaged? Also, are you using hot glue to hold down the connections?
Thanks for following up, Jay.

After switching to the thin cables that came with DBSmod kit, I took it out yesterday and today with a total of 8 flights at 2 locations. I was able to push it one time close to 4000 ft as seen; only 500 ft better than stock. But I could not repeat it even flying the same path a moment later. The rest of them were mostly around 2900 ft or less. I currently do not glue the connections since I'm still testing it. Do you think this helps? The connections look tight without the hot glue.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451368901.855124.jpg

Hey, any chance you just have the cables on backwards? I had to do a double check when I followed Dirks Ebay link to make sure one side was supposed to be a RP and one standard male. With right angles on both ends of the cables from Ebay, It could be easy to get them reversed.
I sure have them connected correctly. SMA male right angle (center is male pin) goes to the DBS ItLite panel and RP-SMA male right angle (center is female pin) goes to the RP-SMA connector from the RC.

After switching to the thin cables that came with DBSmod kit, I took it out yesterday and today with a total of 8 flights at 2 locations. I was able to push it one time close to 4000 ft as seen; only 500 ft better than stock. But I could not repeat it even flying the same path a moment later. The rest of them were mostly around 2900 ft or less. I currently do not glue the connections since I'm still testing it. Do you think this helps? The connections look tight without the hot glue.
View attachment 38758

****, sorry to hear that. hot glue probably wouldnt help distance, just precautionary, but if your testing different wires that would probably be annoying to take off and on.

i guess the only option would be to contact dbs. or if you put the stock back on and you are getting better distance with stock than the dbs, than maybe something is wrong with the dbs. if you're getting worse distance with stock than you had prior to making the change, then its gotta be damage to the connection during installation?

No way to put them on backwards .

****, sorry to hear that. hot glue probably wouldnt help distance, just precautionary, but if your testing different wires that would probably be annoying to take off and on.

i guess the only option would be to contact dbs. or if you put the stock back on and you are getting better distance with stock than the dbs, than maybe something is wrong with the dbs. if you're getting worse distance with stock than you had prior to making the change, then its gotta be damage to the connection?
I'm getting frustrated since I would expect to double the distance with the mod. I'll probably put stock antenna back on tomorrow and test it again. The connections look really clean as you can see. I'll also contact @DBS but it seems he has not been to this forum more than a month.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451370546.506206.jpg

View attachment 38758
Am not really sure what this issue is but it looks like you are going towards the most interference out there . Can't you go towards the fields .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingroberto666