Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Today i've opened my RC and found 1of 3 diode's missed.
I also check another pictures of RC's and guys have 3 of 3 in place.
Is that important thing?
Thanks.
I just looked at a picture of mine and I have 3. I would think it does matter . Are you having any issues ?
I havn't looked back to see if you have is why I ask .

Well that is better but look at this . I flew again in the same spot I got this View attachment 38060 and only got this View attachment 38059
Long one was right before rain and was very cloudy and short flight was this morning about 35 degrees and very clear and sunny .
There are so many variables when doing this that affect your distance all I know to do is try them all and find an average and then go by that .
I was more than a mile shorter this morning and did try it twice to be sure I hadn't messed up with my aiming .It wasn't my antenna set up
but just the atmosphere . I don't understand the why's of this but is just what I see .
Thanks for sharing. I'll just keep trying and hopefully I'll be able to find that sweet spot.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for sharing. I'll just keep trying and hopefully I'll be able to find that sweet spot.
Is what I do buddy and sometimes get lucky runs . We do have good antennas though .:)

I just looked at a picture of mine and I have 3. I would think it does matter . Are you having any issues ?
I havn't looked back to see if you have is why I ask .
Mine also has only 2 diodes just like @Viktor's.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450492657.963997.jpg

Also, this 2 (of 3) diodes blinking when RC turned on.
My issue is 350 meters before RTH in non-interfences area.
I'm pointing RC like a sniper, and I watch an dji video about antenna best practices.
I don't know if that happened after or before September update, 'cause I bought it in a middle of November and update to latest firmware right from the box.

My controller only has ONE antenna. P3 standard. First day of ownership.
Look on the front of the TX (controller), where it says not to block it in the corners on the sides of the stick antenna. ;)

Wife bought mine yesterday. I brought it home charged it up downloaded app, I have an android phone, went for a short flight, then off to the country, I actually had a flight that went 12036 ft out at an alt. of 396 ft. lost it and it returned home like it was supposed to. Is'nt a mile 5280 ft.? My only regret is I wasn't sure if I turned on the recorder and only got the landing, so I am going to repeat the flight this weekend. I never flown a drone, lots of RC planes and heli's and few bigger planes but never a drone. This is going to be fun. It's a PH3 Standard.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I don't believe he was knocking your P3S just pointing out that for an additional $200 you could upgrade to the P3A which comes out of the box with Lightbridge and a 5000m (3.1 miles) range vs. the P3S 1000m (.62 mile) range. You will likely spend $200 upgrading your P3S & still probably won't achieve 5000m.

Also I wouldn't be ashamed of having a P3S. It is this years version of the Vision+ with a much improved camera, an improved controller with integrated Wi-Fi extender, greater range (1000m vs 800m), a more powerful battery, a highly integrated control board, and all for $799 (currently $699 with a free hardshell backpack). That is about half of the $1259 the Vision+ sold for a year ago. The P3 Standard is really an excellent quad at a great price. I may pick one up as a long range Ground Station bird!

It was a gift so I'm trying to make the best of it. And the other thread just like you knocks the p3s. And is very vague on actual equipment for the upgrade. If you want to offer good information great if your just knocking us unfortunate soles who got a p3s move along.

Last edited:
Reactions: buford
DB lots turn their noises up at the standard and really shouldn't . Yea ya gonna have to put a few hundred to get it out there
but if I got one of the others I would do the same with them .That .62 range isn't a sure thing ether . I got 6,666' stock and have got 3.04
miles with what I have done to mine .
Lot's come in this section and almost try to make folks feel little because of having one but like you say..for the money you can't beat it :)
You old school here too and know what all we went through to get where we are now .I almost hate to think what I got in my P2V compared to
this one .Thought I was bad when I got my RPG but this camera and gimbal is unreal compared to it .

Just got my P3S over the weekend. Also just ordered the DBS Mod Antenna's. Can't wait to see how it works.

Just got my P3S over the weekend. Also just ordered the DBS Mod Antenna's. Can't wait to see how it works.
Hope yours will be better than stock. I was able to get 3500 ft with stock but only 2500 ft with DBS in 4 flights after the mod.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart