Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

The results are in from the DBS mod and I need to burn my underwear. Prior to the DBS mod I was losing signal followed by RTH around 700'. My new best is 4800' but I was getting image transmission warnings for the last half of the flight.

As you'll see in the video I lost all signal and the message said "Go home operation timeout". I started mentally adding a new P3 to my Amazon cart at that point but the darn thing still came home.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would this mod just increase flight range or will it also increase video range too?

Just placed my order tonight $229.00 and was given the go ahead to send it in now. It going to the post office in the morning.

With the dbs mod installed, can you use the cell phone holder that comes with the standard controller? Or do you need to mod this also?

With the dbs mod installed, can you use the cell phone holder that comes with the standard controller? Or do you need to mod this also?

It works with the mod. It is just a tight squeeze. Ideally I am going to Mod the controller to have the Inspire 1 controller.

I'm maxing out around 2500 feet but that can be a multitude of different factors. Either way though I am very happy with my DBS mod, I was getting 1600 MAX before in an open area.

hi guys, I'm still thinking about buying the dbs mod..

few days ago I've got 2.4 disconnections at almost every distance, also under 100mt and I was very disapponted...

And so yesterday I've made a long range test with good weather and no obstacles.

that is the result:

what should I do? I don't know what to think, 2 days ago I was not able to go farther than 100mt and yesterday I went 1400mt...

hi guys, I'm still thinking about buying the dbs mod..

few days ago I've got 2.4 disconnections at almost every distance, also under 100mt and I was very disapponted...

And so yesterday I've made a long range test with good weather and no obstacles.

that is the result:

what should I do? I don't know what to think, 2 days ago I was not able to go farther than 100mt and yesterday I went 1400mt...

Where did you fly previously and what were the obstacles or environmental interferance?

Where did you fly previously and what were the obstacles or environmental interferance?

Usually I did not had that kind of problems, but the days before the last test the situation was not good at all.

That's very strange: I had problems flying over a little hill near some houses but without obstacles, maybe there was some other interference that I don't know about, but the fact was that my fps signal was very unstable and the tablet was disconnecting from the wifi itself.

I tried to reboot both the drone and the nexus 7 that I use, but the problem was still there and I could not fly at all beacuse it was pretty unusable. Later I moved from that place and I went in front of my house (where btw there are some more wifi and threes and etc) and I have got ZERO problems...

2 days after I've done the test that you can see in the video, and it was my best performance. WTF? :)

10 days ago, I was able to push my P3S with stock antenna to 3500ft. Today with DBS mod, I got only 1/2 of it at the same location. The weather was pretty much the same in low 50s and 2-3mph wind. The RC signal was lost after 1800ft and RTH was automatically kicked in. In addition, RC signal was lost when the drone returned to home point on top of me. The stock antenna performed better in this case as well; I did not see as much with weak signal. Any suggestions what I should do to tweak this antenna? I got the thick cables both inside and outside as suggested by Dirk. So disappointed...

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450336957.504611.jpg

Before the mod
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450336800.316712.jpg

After the mod
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450336822.949156.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic