Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Just do what I did. Update to 1.6, then update all batteries. Then bring it back to 1.5. I fly in -3 to +3 every day. I bring it out of my 23 Celsius apartment and get it started within two minutes. Idle it, take off, hover for one minute, then go about my business.
Doing this ludicrous, the kiss of death. The flaw isn't in the battery firmware, it's primarily in the 1.5 Phantom firmware. The battery firmware update is a current limiting governor to help minimize voltage fluctuations. This is an additional measure to prevent problems, but not the primary cause of craft falling from the sky. The primary cause was the 1.5 Phantom firmware mis-reading the battery voltage as TOO LOW and initiating autoland (or shutting down power mid-flight) when the battery voltage in reality had adequate power left to fly, such as 40 or 50%. These mis-readings of battery had nothing to do with battery firmware.

And i am an idot who buy perfect drone until 1.05? Ooooooooooooo:mad:
I feel that Dji is for drone falls...accurate:p

Some guys on RCgroups are talking about donwgrade from 1.6 to 1.3.2?

Am i dreaming?

You definitely don't want to fly with 1.5, it's the kiss of death. It has a major voltage management problem that can shut down the power mid flight! Don't fly 1.5.
Personally, I have flown with 1.5 with No problem. I did drop back to 1.4 due to experimenting, and noticed, faster rc response, and 3 mph increase in speed. I may go by my DJI dealer with batteries only and have them update them on their
Some guys on RCgroups are talking about donwgrade from 1.6 to 1.3.2?

Am i dreaming?
It was even talked about here.
Downgrade Remote Success, How to get from 1.4.1 to 1.1.9? | DJI Phantom Forum

Guys Dji is yerking off on us... Why?
Excause my bad English:confused: to all..

No enginner software here to make a modded fw?

God......i even would pay a full camion of beers!

Btw, mine is at vendor...aaaaaaaaa Why my bird is vibrating? Hihihihi....solve this:p

Not convinced....

Try dowgrade from 1.5 to 1.3.2.....no sucess....dam it!
I was told you can go from 1.6 to 1.5 then down to 1.4 (contrary to popular belief) by DJI at CES, however that's where it stops, there's something about going down to 1.32 that won't work.

I've been trying to find time to fly a 1.6 bird with a battery with 1.4 firmware. I just haven't had the daylight to do it. I think that combination may be worthy, since the 1.6 battery firmware is what slows down the acceleration (governor implementation). I think 1.4 battery firmware will bring my power back. The 1.6 Phantom firmware fixes the battery shutdown flaw, as well as the drifting in 1.4. I'm not sure about the vibration since I've never seen that on my P3P bird. I would never fly with 1.5 from what DJI told me at CES, no way. Either 1.4 or 1.6.

Yuneec should have a field day with all these DJI issues.

I was told you can go from 1.6 to 1.5 then down to 1.4 (contrary to popular belief) by DJI at CES, however that's where it stops, there's something about going down to 1.32 that won't work.

I've been trying to find time to fly a 1.6 bird with a battery with 1.4 firmware. I just haven't had the daylight to do it. I think that combination may be worthy, since the 1.6 battery firmware is what slows down the acceleration (governor implementation). I think 1.4 battery firmware will bring my power back. The 1.6 Phantom firmware fixes the battery shutdown flaw, as well as the drifting in 1.4. I'm not sure about the vibration since I've never seen that on my P3P bird. I would never fly with 1.5 from what DJI told me at CES, no way. Either 1.4 or 1.6.

Yuneec should have a field day with all these DJI issues.

I've "upgraded" my Phantom Advanced to firmware v1.6.40 after being on v1.5.0030 since I din't want cold weather to make my bird crash.
However I can confirm it scales back vertical speed starting about 80% battery power. Speed is about 11mph on full charge but only about 8mph or less on 50% charge. Air braking also seems to be less effective.

I din't like that one bit.

I downgraded to V1.5.0030 and I get good performance all through the flight again. I can still take off straight up at 50% power with no loss in speed. I think dji got unnecessarily cautious when dialing back some things in the cold weather update.

My batteries still all have the v1.6.40 firmware on them. My Phantom Standard is on the latest firmware so I used it to have all the batteries on the latest update. It is my belief that the BATTERY firmware that came with V1.5.003 is what caused the cold weather drop from the sky crashes, not the aircraft firmware. Just my belief though.

I kind of like V1.5.003 firmware for now, I might try downgrading to 1.4 if that seems to be better than v1.5.0030 to most people (I haven't tried it.) Were there any major confirmed issues with 1.4 firmware?

I downgraded to V1.5.0030 and I get good performance all through the flight again. I can still take off straight up at 50% power with no loss in speed. I think dji got unnecessarily cautious when dialing back some things in the cold weather update.

My batteries still all have the v1.6.40 firmware on them.

I kind of like V1.5.003 firmware for now, I might try downgrading to 1.4 if that seems to be better than v1.5.0030 to most people (I haven't tried it.) Were there any major confirmed issues with 1.4 firmware?
That's a huge mistake, making your low_budget turn into a high-budget. DJI told me at CES the 1.5 PHANTOM firmware had a flaw in it (not the battery firmware), reading the battery voltage lower than reality. 1.6 Phantom firmware fixed that flaw. With 1.5 you run a high risk of power shutdown from it mis-reading the battery voltage lower than reality. I've posted this before, maybe you missed it. The 1.6 BATTERY firmware update only puts a current governor in it, a secondary measure to prevent large voltage fluctuations when the battery gets low, which could potentially pull a cell dangerously close to 3.0V, which is when battery protection kicks in, shutting down power mid-flight, which has been reported numerous times.

Everyone thinks it's the battery firmware that's causing the power shut-down problem, but that's false. It is true that 1.5 firmware is when all this battery shutdown problem started, but if you recall there was no battery firmware change in 1.5. So this supports the DJI story I was told the problem primarily lies in the Phantom firmware, misreading the voltage of the battery.

Phantom firmware versions 1.32, 1.4 and 1.6 does not have the power shutdown issue. Only 1.5 Phantom firmware has this flaw. Don't fly it! It's the kiss of death. Fly only 1.32, 1.4 or 1.6, those are safe.

Last edited:
Guys - I am so confused!

I got my P3P in December and have the following firmware:-
Ipad IOS 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70
All my flights have been fine so far and being in Portugal I do not have temperature problems - ambient now circa 18DegC(65F)

I hear of problems updating to 1.6 - but a/c falling out of sky in 1.5......
Now I am hearing upgrade batteries - then downgrade bird - but then with all apparent problems seen with owners trying to upgrade and downgrade......
BTW - I am happy with current speed.

HELP -- What do the experienced pilots recommend that I do?????

Many thanks in advance.

I guess I desperately need to downgrade to v1.4.
is there anywhere to get the bin file for this?

also, why is dji still hosting the v1.5 update if that's the case? do they want people to crash?

That is correct, no problem, other than the drifting that some pilots are experiencing with 1.4. I flew with 1.4 and tolerated the drifting, it wasn't that big if deal to me.
I'm at 1.4 and am thinking of downgrading to 1.34 since no drift and all seemed great. I have iOS Go app 2.4.3. Thoughts on downgrading?

Reactions: Apilot101
I'm at 1.4 and am thinking of downgrading to 1.34 since no drift and all seemed great. I have iOS Go app 2.4.3. Thoughts on downgrading?
I tried going back to 1.1.9 while I had the chance. It didn't improve the drifting for me, so now I'm updating as they come through, hoping the latest fixes it. Good luck with your attempt.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart