Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

I m just trying to help....

You must remove the updates only of the application "Service Google Play" to factory mode....or you will never will run DJI stable....
I did install the room on my Phone and didn`t update this application. Problems solved. You can check this on the forum(s).

Thats how things work with Android, and i don`t even have problems witm my phone running 100% because of this...

What do you loose to try?

Hello everyone. I screwed up and need help. I loaded the new 1.05.003 firmware into my P3A and the RC a couple of days ago. Played with it a bit but never flew it. Then today I read that I have to update the RC forgetting that I had already done it so I cleared off the chip leaving on the proper Bin file and then reloaded it into my RC. It sat for a few minutes and then beeped for a couple of minutes then shut down. I checked the results and the only item on the chip is the original bin file and nothing else. I didn't see the light go green. Only red. Now what? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

It sounds like your trying to do the RC upgrade in the traditional way through the USB port, which doesn't work after a certain level of FW. Here's instructions to upgrade the RC through the GO APP, attached below.

Attachments

• How to Update Phantom Firmware.pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: mjr tom and MJB1971
you should be updating the rc from the app not the sd card.

you should be updateing the rc through the app and not the sd card

It sounds like your trying to do the RC upgrade in the traditional way through the USB port, which doesn't work after a certain level of FW. Here's instructions to upgrade the RC through the GO APP, attached below.
Awesome. thank you very much and will try right away.

I reset my altitude limit back to 500m after the update.
@Volantis,
Before flying indoors and crashing into the cabinet, have you done your Three basic recalibrations of IMU, Gimbal, & take it out side to calibrate your Compass?
I know some of you, don't bother after an update, but DJI does also recommend you redo them. ;-)
I flew my Phantom 3 with a group of fellow ERCHA members, inside a vacant aircraft hangar, last Sunday. We fly there a few times a month over the winter, when the outdoor heli flying field is rather snowed in.
The old building has Large metal doors, all metal roof, concrete floor throughout. And I never had a problem. The drone would sit and hover 10' in the air, rock steady. The other guys near me commented, how it could be hanging from a string, it was so still. ;-) That made me happy and proud to own such an awesome bit of kit. One of the other guys crashed his @dji Flamewheel 330 into the steel door and broke a leg off of it. He had also clipped the metal ceiling joists once. Most of them have multiple units they brought to fly. One fellow had five or six different heli's, a quad and even flew a couple of his planes.
But yeah, my Phantom 3 was well behaved the whole evening... Very exciting to be able to participate Amongst friends flying, their various craft.. I appreciated the comradery with fellow RC enthusiasts. Seeing the skill some practiced pilots have flying helicopters is very enjoyable and impressive to me.

RedHotPoker

Is this due to a solid IMU cali.? I have not yet updated my FW but I was flying in a friends warehouse in ATTI and the thing was all over the place it drifted up all on its own, to the left to the right... we were trying to get photos and every single one burry! I was also using VPS which i have not yet turned off even thought I constantly get the ultrasonic system error warnning! ive gotten it everywhere over buildings over trees and of corse over water, even got it while hovering over a parking lot but I think that could be due to it was starting to get dark and though the sun did not set yet it was hard to see on screen so im guessing it was dark for all cameras but anyway did you use it flying in the hanger? or turn it off? id really like my p3 to sit still while flying indoors and not have to worry its going up into the celling or left or right into a wall or down into the ground, please share how you got your balanced so well

Is there a camera update or is it just an odd thing showing up when doing the rc update?

I am also wondering about this as the app says camera needs update, has anyone done the last update before this one that was just for the RC? dji said it was to make the cameras focus change but i feel that is incorrect and not possible but what the app told me and I tryed and did NOT work is that you can hold the C1 bottom with rolling the gimbal control and rather then the camera tilting it would adjust the focus?!?!?1 IT DOES NOT!

Yes, I was able to fly indoors, without any problem what so ever, but I also have one of those trouble free drones, so I have never expected anything unusual, and no, I never turn anything off.
The iPad Air 2 Cellular is solidly connected at all times.
You should know, VPS doesn't work when you are up over trees or above buildings, so not to worry about it, while flying at night.
Anyway with the plain concrete floor in the hangar, I doubt that my VPS was even reading it's where-abouts, too much. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Yes, I was able to fly indoors, without any problem what so ever, but I also have one of those trouble free drones, so I have never expected anything unusual, and no, I never turn anything off.
The iPad Air 2 Cellular is solidly connected at all times.
You should know, VPS doesn't work when you are up over trees or above buildings, so not to worry about it, while flying at night.
Anyway with the plain concrete floor in the hangar, I doubt that my VPS was even reading it's where-abouts, too much. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Now you have me thinking of turning my VPS off to avoid all these constant ultrasonic system errors that keep coming up, but what can I do to get my p3 to fly as well as yours? try calibrating the IMU again? I wasnt even over an all clear floor there was palettes and folklifts and rail cars all for the VPS to see and still she drifted left and right and up and down could not get her to sit still kept adjusting and hovering and then she would just start drifting off again and constantly drifting up or down as well as left and right?!?

Upgraded firmware on phantom yesterday.
Upgraded app and RC today.
Chilled the bird in the fridge for 10 min. took it out and preformed an IMU calibration.
Took it outside and did a compass calibration.
Flew it up about 10 feet and did a flying gimbal calibration.
Took it to the park and flew out two batteries and she few as good as always.
Nothing bad to report. :)

This is my routine on all firmware updates.

How exactly do you do a flying gimbal calibration?

Now you have me thinking of turning my VPS off to avoid all these constant ultrasonic system errors that keep coming up, but what can I do to get my p3 to fly as well as yours? try calibrating the IMU again? I wasnt even over an all clear floor there was palettes and folklifts and rail cars all for the VPS to see and still she drifted left and right and up and down could not get her to sit still kept adjusting and hovering and then she would just start drifting off again and constantly drifting up or down as well as left and right?!?
Flying in a building with a lot of heavy metal machinery in the same room, will definitely cause some misinformation going to the drone. Your Phantom is very sensitive, and can pick up a lot from its immediate surroundings.
I haven't done anything special, other than follow the basic rules of calibrations, and be sure to check your Compass values before you take off.
I was surprised, that while getting set up, and ready to fly, in the aircraft hangar, that I never had less than 10-11 satalites at all times.
I would most assuredly recommend that you recalibrate the IMU while cold and go redo the compass cal. outdoors. Even if you have done them already, it seems like something is off. Not right.
The drifting you mention, sounds like the problem that some reported here after the last update, and most have said this new version alleviated that for their bird.

RedHotPoker

How exactly do you do a flying gimbal calibration?
Not sure how exactly accurate a flying gimbal calibration will be? Hehe. But each to their own. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Flying in a building with a lot of heavy metal machinery in the same room, will definitely cause some misinformation going to the drone. Your Phantom is very sensitive, and can pick up a lot from its immediate surroundings.
I haven't done anything special, other than follow the basic rules of calibrations, and be sure to check your Compass values before you take off.
I was surprised, that while getting set up, and ready to fly, in the aircraft hangar, that I never had less than 10-11 satalites at all times.
I would most assuredly recommend that you recalibrate the IMU while cold and go redo the compass cal. outdoors. Even if you have done them already, it seems like something is off. Not right.
The drifting you mention, sounds like the problem that some reported here after the last update, and most have said this new version alleviated that for their bird.

RedHotPoker

Yes I understand theirs alot going on with the down drafts and up drafts off all of the things here and from that post 2 things arise, 1 i didnt think the p3 would use satellites in ATTI mode? so I didnt notice how many I had or did not have but i think the main thing i did wrong may have been that I calibrated my compass in the building which i was flying in while in ATTI mode? should I have done it outside and then brought it in? I was under the impression that you calibrate in each new setting so from going from outside to inside I thought I should but now this sounds wrong, do you think this is the reason for such a drift?

Yes, please always do your compass calibrations out of doors, away from any electrical or ferrous (magnetic) metal objects.
You seem to have misunderstood the compass calibration purpose and what it actually does.
The onboard compass has one purpose, knowing which direction is North. That pretty much is it.
Once you do a proper compass calibration, it's good for a very long time.
Yeah, the only time I have done mine over is after firmware has been updated, or when a newer version of the Go app was installed.
Unless you travel, over 100 miles to a new location to fly, leave the comass alone. Do check the values and make sure they are around 1500. Definately always and only do your compass calibrations while in P-GPS flying mode, and outside the confines of four walls, ceiling.
Horse shoe in your back pocket? If you calibrated your compass in that building, in ATTI Mode, you are fortunate that it only bobbed and weaved some. By rights you could have been picking up the shattered and broken pieces.
Please go back and do RTFM, perhaps a couple of times. This is not a toy, and you should have a complete-basic understanding of this hobby grade model, well before you fly it.
After I attended a @dji First Pilot Experience, I ordered my Phantom 3 Pro, that very same day. During the 8-9 wk wait, I studied those PDF manuals and felt like I already had my drone in my possession.
Surely there are things that I need to refresh up on, and stay quite constant. The manuals have been updated a few times, and I always reload the latest version and delete the old ones.
It is our responsibity to fly these drones in as safe and efficient of manner as we can. That takes knowledge and flying practice.
Many pilots have gone out of their way, to be trouble to the hobby, so new regulations are being written as we speak.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Yes, please always do your compass calibrations out of doors, away from any electrical or ferrous (magnetic) metal objects.
You seem to have misunderstood the compass calibration purpose and what it actually does.
The onboard compass has one purpose, knowing which direction is North. That pretty much is it.
Once you do a proper compass calibration, it's good for a very long time.
Yeah, the only time I have done mine over is after firmware has been updated, or when a newer version of the Go app was installed.
Unless you travel, over 100 miles to a new location to fly, leave the comass alone. Do check the values and make sure they are around 1500. That's about it. Definately always and only do your compass calibrations while in P-GPS flying mod, and outside confines of four walls and ceiling.
Horse shoe in your back pocket? If you calibrated your compass in that building, in ATTI Mode, you are fortunate that it only bobbed and weaved some. By rights you could have been picking up the shattered and broken pieces.
Please go back and do RTFM, perhaps a couple of times. This is mot a toy, and you should have a complete-basic understanding of this hobby grade model, well before you fly it.
After I attended a @dji First Pilot Experience, I ordered my Phantom 3 Pro, that very same day. During the 8-9 wk wait, I studied those PDF manuals and felt like I already had my drone in my possession.
Surely there are things that I need to refresh up on, and stay quite constant. The manuals have been updated a few times, and I always reload the latest version and delete the old ones.
It is our responsibity to fly these drones in as safe and efficient of manner as we can. That takes knowledge and flying practice.
Many pilots have gone out of their way, to be trouble to the hobby, so new regulations are being written as we speak.

RedHotPoker

Awesome thanks for the help, I used to only calibrate after an update with my P2 but DJI had said to recalibrate before each flight so thats what i've been doing although ive never had a issue before with the P2 but a friend told me the one time he didnt he had trouble, dumb of me to listen to him and not read it in the manual for myself, ill have to keep looking why im getting so many issues with the ultrasonic systems errors but thanks for the help, when I go back in the warehouse again i will do as you have said and let you know how much better results I get! i am going to try and update my FW now, thanks again!

one last question for everyone I have seen people saying both ways so officially what is first update the app. then RC or RC then app.?

You can update the radio controller from the new app, just download it first. ;-)
Did you mean 'update drone or radio controller first'!
I always do the drone's firmware first, anything else is always secondary.
You don't update the app, other than download the latest-greatest version.

RedHottPoker

Try with vps off. The more stuff on the floor making for uneven surfaces, the more erratic it can get. You might notice a big settle down with it off. I never have vps on and I haven't missed it or wanted it. They could have left that feature completely off of the P3 and saved the weight, imo. More trouble than they're worth.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT