Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

This is the first difficulty u have had, right?

Sent from my PT beating heart
Yes Sir, if you are counting, that would be not even one, perhaps a 1/4 to one. ;-)
First, no, More like a hiccup. I have lost video signal on occasion.
Even had a momentary compass error in mid flight, but it corrected itself when I brought it back to shore, I was flying over a lake at the time.;-) be brave I told myself, as there is a native reserve just on the other side.

But you know, The drone never had a Phantom problem with my recent updating. The problem was here. PEBKAC.

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Reactions: jryser
Bud, How about a link instead please, that way I could go in and delete my sorry "igno-rant" selfish. I am truly Sorry about that, If I came off as arrogant or rude to you! Wasn't meant in anger or frustration, and I have no right or reason to be negative towards you or anyone else on this forum.

You now have my heart felt apology, please accept it.

RedHotPoker

Thank-you, apology accepted. I really think we are on the same page, in that we want to make drone flying fun, safe and enjoyable.

Yup, same page and paragraph. Hehe
I have on rare occasion, had a bad day, suppose we all do.
But there is never enough rage to belittle or rag on somebody for no reason, other than to try and make yourself feel good. Dumb move and it never works. I will try to be on my best beaviour, between now and December 25. After that, back to the normal everyday happy 'Go' lucky person, I prefer to be. Much the same as now. ;-)

Thanks for accepting my humble apology, it already feels better on my end as well.

RedHotPoker

Wow its so easy to come together happy again.

Perhaps this question has been addressed in one of the previous 400+ tweets, if so I missed it.
Question:
If upgrading from P3 FW 1.2.6+, can one go first to 1.3.2, skip 1.4.1, and go directly to 1.5.3 ? (ie can I skip 1.4.1, or not?)
Todd you have to progressively update each firmware in order up to the latest one or you will run into issues. Hope this helps and good luck I had no problems updating.

image.jpeg

Does this selfie pic look slightly over exposed to you?
Ah, I think the flash was set too bright, eh? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Notes:
After upgrading to 1.05.0030, you will ONLY be able to downgrade as far as the previous release 1.04.0010.
2. This update does NOT apply the Phantom 3 Standard.
3. The noteworthy points of this firmware are the follwoing:
a.
Fixes is the drifting issues some people were experiencing. Your P3 should be steady as a rock again now
smile.gif

b. Fixed upgrade issues related to the camera.
c. Plauback issues resolved.
d. The Flight Recorder logs are no READ ONLY.
e. Fixed P3P no live feed issue some users experienced ( even though OSD data was shown ).
4.There is NO RC firmware included in this release. But iyuor RCfirmware is older than v1.3.20, it is recomended t upgrade this to v1.3.20 before updating the Aircraft to 1.5.00.30.
5. There is NO battery update included in this firmware version.
6. The DJI GO All will display the Aircraft firmware as 1.4.10+ after the update is completed sucessfully.
Hi just downloaded the firmware for the advance looking at bin file it lists P3S have they made mistake? when downloading files before it would say pro or advance have not installed yet just in case.

Yes, that is the correct bin file for your drone.
The Phantom Pro has P3X. Have a great update.

Remember the bin file, and only the bin file, goes in the root of the micro sd card. ;-)
Please Don't ask me how I would know this, thanks. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Reactions: jryser
I have seen the "S" since 1.1.8. It's a bummer they continued to use the "S" when the Standard came out since we are always getting people here asking if they have the wrong one since it has the "S". See the attached photo for the prior .bin names (P3A).

View attachment 36430
first time I've seen it as S for the advance thanks I will look back on my old ones regards.

Reactions: Oso
Hi all. Having an unusual problem with the new f/w upgrade. At least I haven't come across anyone having the same issue here or on DJI's forum after checking all the update threads.
I have a P3A which was on the latest f/w version before 1.5. Downloaded the update from DJI site, extracted the .bin file. Reformatted the sd card while it was in the quad, shut down the P3A, then transferred the .bin file to the root directory on the sd card, making sure it was the only file on the card. Plugged it back into the P3, and turned it on. Update started fine and continued for about 15 minutes, at which point the gimbal light turned solid red, with a continuous tone. Tried all the usual work-arounds - re-format card, use a different card, re-download update, make sure I have the correct update for adanced (P3S, not P3X), make sure bin is rooted, glare menecingly at P3 while it's updating - all to no avail.
The log files show that the update failed and the LOG_AB.txt file shows a specific item that needed an upgrade that wouldn't do so. (see attached text file)
Now here's the unusual part. I decided to update the GO app (using Ipad mini2) and controller, which happened with no problems, and connect up to my P3 to see what would happen. Everything connected fine, and everything works as it should - all camera control functions work, motors stop and start as they should, etc. But now, the Go app is saying I need an update for my camera. (see screenshot) Also, under "about", I'm showing latest version numbers for GO and TX, but the quad update is showing 1.4+, not 1.5. (see screenshot). Haven't had a chance to fly since updating so I can't be sure if everything is working properly. I didn't think there was any changes for P3A camera, so why do I need a camera update? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.IMG_0024.PNG IMG_0025.PNG

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    37.7 KB · Views: 377
first time I've seen it as S for the advance thanks I will look back on my old ones regards.

image.jpeg

Sure, do that. Haha
Been S for ever. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Did the firmware update early this a.m. Took 14 min. Then I let it sit outside in the crisp 35 degrees f. For an hour, then did an IMU recalibration.
Perfect flight this afternoon, but I didn't have a drift problem before (or any other prob' - I just like to stay current). And as I'd hoped, my P3A was ready to fly on power-up instead of the previous 5 minute "warming-up" delay, thanks to the cold IMU recalibration.

can anyone define the drift problem?
I dont know if my drone have this kind of problem when I fly in a not so small but with walls side to side the copter just drifts a little bit, I dont know if its the drifting problem or its just the air around a cornered space.

I dont know if my drone have this kind of problem when I fly in a not so small but with walls side to side the copter just drifts a little bit, I dont know if its the drifting problem or its just the air around a cornered space.
The drifting problem for me was in moderate breezy conditions and I inputted forward or reverse on the right stick and the bird would indeed fly forward and reverse but it would do so with almost what I would consider a roll to the right or left too. It was worst when doing slow and slight stick input. At times it was actually flying on a diagonal. Very nasty and seems to be fixed with this latest update.

I do not know why DJI is going to implement this ridiculous NFZ policy. Airspace is managed by local authorities and local law, not by any manufacturer.
DJI no fly zones are not real airspace zone.

DJI should imlement like a 3dr solo, a warning in zones what are more dangerous in their opinion, but not block usage of hardware.

What about customer law? this is a change in already bought product.

The same way a car manufacturer after a year of buying a car can limit speed or he make some highways unavaiable (when they are avaiable by local law)

Some lawyer agences should remove CE certificate from this company.

I will never buy an DJI product again.
Some fool flew his drone at the New York City Thanksgiving day parade around the balloons and millions of people that's why they need to make rules and enforce them because morons like this are ruining our hobby
Drifting problem solved.....so thats confirmed the rumours from beta testers!

Great news!!
I did experience the drifting problem when trying to come straight down. I was looking forward to testing this today but when I turned it on I had no video image. I attempted to upgrade the firmware and it failed with an 08 and 15 in the advanced error log which apparently are devices regarding the camera and something else. It looks like a hardware failure.

When I go to HELP and ABOUT it shows the latest firmware version but again two of the devices are listed in the error log as not detected.

Attempted to roll back to 1.4 and 1.3 but same error. The bird only had five hours of flight time on it so I'm kind of annoyed.

I did have B&H Square trade insurance so I'm going to try to get an RMA and get a brand-new one.

When I,m back in the air I'll test and see if the drift problem is gone when decending.

Regarding the other subject I live in New York and during the parade for thanksgiving some fool flew his drone around the balloons over millions of people -- he was arrested and given a summons and a fine and then released.

You say you want no restrictions no Geo fencing no height limitations but morons crash them in time square and fly them over the Thanksgiving day parade where there are millions of people that could get hurt, this is why restrictions are coming down it's not because of DJI it's because of morons that don't know how to follow simple rules and instructions and they ruin it for those of us that do follow the rules.

Last edited:

I think it's by design. The P3 will keep height and nose direction but it'll drift even when in GPS mode when you are moving. So if you are going south and there's a wind blowing to the west the P3 will drift to the west. Both my my P3's have always done this.

Hi all. Having an unusual problem with the new f/w upgrade. At least I haven't come across anyone having the same issue here or on DJI's forum after checking all the update threads.
I have a P3A which was on the latest f/w version before 1.5. Downloaded the update from DJI site, extracted the .bin file. Reformatted the sd card while it was in the quad, shut down the P3A, then transferred the .bin file to the root directory on the sd card, making sure it was the only file on the card. Plugged it back into the P3, and turned it on. Update started fine and continued for about 15 minutes, at which point the gimbal light turned solid red, with a continuous tone. Tried all the usual work-arounds - re-format card, use a different card, re-download update, make sure I have the correct update for adanced (P3S, not P3X), make sure bin is rooted, glare menecingly at P3 while it's updating - all to no avail.
The log files show that the update failed and the LOG_AB.txt file shows a specific item that needed an upgrade that wouldn't do so. (see attached text file)
Now here's the unusual part. I decided to update the GO app (using Ipad mini2) and controller, which happened with no problems, and connect up to my P3 to see what would happen. Everything connected fine, and everything works as it should - all camera control functions work, motors stop and start as they should, etc. But now, the Go app is saying I need an update for my camera. (see screenshot) Also, under "about", I'm showing latest version numbers for GO and TX, but the quad update is showing 1.4+, not 1.5. (see screenshot). Haven't had a chance to fly since updating so I can't be sure if everything is working properly. I didn't think there was any changes for P3A camera, so why do I need a camera update? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.View attachment 36705 View attachment 36706

Have exactly the same problem. The only difference is my camera now doesn't work and there is no connection from cam to phone - i don't see any video feed at all.

If you have connection issues re-linking won't hurt

Did the updates late yesterday all seems good but haven't flown it yet.
The main firmware took about 20 minutes and the RC more like 5 minutes.

On the 1.4 mine did seem to drift more than previously when you first took off, not sure if the new version will help.
If it was windy you had to be ready to manually counteract especially if space was at all limited.
After a minute or two in the air it seemed OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl