Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Even after your precise instructions above, there will still be that small percentage of users who botch it. I see your patience is already wearing a little thin, by having to post those instructions more than a few times already on the forums. You really haven't seen anything yet! :D
I hear you sir. Another example is how many times we have posted in this very thread to update the RC through the app, but we see asked over and over why the RC doesn't read the SD card. We will get everyone through it, and then again after the holidays. We can do it! Stay diligent and patient everyone!

Lol I only did it once before I just couldn't remember where to do it from you pros have a lot more experience and know where all the setting are. Problem is all the people trying to do the right thing read the hundreds of how-tos on the Internet and they all say to do it that way. We will all get there just takes a couple times to get operations under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dose this firmware update have a rc update to? P3p updated fine but when plugging sd card in rc no blue light or up grade
No, this FW update has updates for aircrafts only. There is another update for iOS DJI Go app which starts update for RC too.

Lol I only did it once before I just couldn't remember where to do it from you pros have a lot more experience and know where all the setting are. Problem is all the people trying to do the right thing read the hundreds of how-tos on the Internet and they all say to do it that way. We will all get there just takes a couple times to get operations under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was my point earlier too. DJI needs to create better documentation and should be included with each release. Let people not search it or depend on suggestions of others. There should be one and only one authentic document.

Update the GO app first, then do your bird with the SD card. The RC then can go through the app. Took about half hour for both birds to update, 10 minutes for the RC to update, and all I need is a cold back porch to do a cold IMU and I'm ready to test fly.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Not that, unless my advanced is now a professional!
Yeah, haha, that would be quite the transformation wouldn't it.
No, I haven't tried the reverse phsychology on this bird yet, but not sure what exactly else to do.
Even cleared the old files, deleted cookies, browser history, shut the computer off, rebooted, have also tried reformatting the sd card in the bird, numerous times.
I fired the Phantom up, and it runs just fine.
Just says Aircraft requires update
Camera requires update. But to what and how?
Edit: update was eventually Successful. I just had an extra file on the sd card. I Removed that. . .

& Another thing, about the missing manuals in our Phantom 3 kit. Just a thought, or suggestion.
When I bought my Yamaha Motif XF8, the large and cumbersome manual, was actually on a cd.
Or the online PDF manual/s can also be easily placed onto a USB thumb drive and then a hard copy printed and nicely bound at any convenient local Staples/Office Depot.

That was my point earlier too. DJI needs to create better documentation and should be included with each release. Let people not search it or depend on suggestions of others. There should be one and only one authentic document.

Haha, I have great pic for you, in that regard. ;-)
image.jpeg

Sums it up, pretty well. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: DaleM
Yeah, haha, that would be quite the transformation wouldn't it.
No, I haven't tried the reverse phsychology on this bird yet, but not sure what exactly else to do.
Even cleared the old files, deleted cookies, browser history, shut the computer off, rebooted, have also tried reformatting the sd card in the bird, numerous times.
I fired the Phantom up, and it runs just fine.
Just says Aircraft requires update
Camera requires update. But to what and how?
Edit: update was eventually Successful. I just had an extra file on the sd card. I Removed that. . .

Haha, I have great pic for you, in that regard. ;-)
View attachment 36622
Sums it up, pretty well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
How, through all the formatting and attempts was there an extra file on the card and you removed that for success! Doh!

I don't have an answer for that. And Siri isn't speaking to me tonight, out of anger for not asking for her digital assistance. ;-)
I feel rather silly after all the commotion I caused myself, and how I must have upset the folks across the pond the night before. Oh well, water under the High Level Bridge.

Yeah, when you download any zipped file, it is packed in a folder or file container. Once it has been unzipped, that other bit should be removed, deleted, and just the actuall bin file and nothing else should be included within that root file. My mistake, and I see why it happened. Normally there are a PDF sort of instruction file included, this firmware didn't have this. So I must have just kept grabbing, copy and paste the whole file, folder and all. But then well of course the card reader can't know to search inside there. Too bad @dji didn't build a smart card reader, much like our beloved intelligent flight battery.. With a micro chipped brain, to perform some very Specific Functionalities. Besides, that read-only file should be read aloud, to us, from our smart devices. ;-)

Have fun, Fly safe, Happy landing. ;-)

RedHotPoker

BOOM BOOM POW :D:D
No actually Boom Boom was a hockey player. And Pow, which as children, we used to say, when we played Cowboys and Indians.
Then Batman and Robin used that with other loud verbal noises.

But more recently, it was that other respected forum mod, who used POW!!
You can plainly see why you shouldn't mess around, around here.
image.jpeg

The problem I had created for myself, with the current new firmware is really quite simple to understand. I was trying to load the whole file, and not the bin file by itself. I was grabbing the file folder and its contents, all of it. Never dawned on me. I had to be jarred back to my irregular mental consciousness.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Well Poker I was really worried there!!! U r one of the more consistent successes. I just updated my two birds and the remotes and the goapp and - anyway it's nice to see that all is well on my end AND on yours now!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Another thing that was odd too. When after completion of updating, I finally checked the sd card for the good word, Succesful. Strange, all my previous Failed or aborted attempts were all recorded there too. And yet, I had reformatted that card a dozen times or more , and also deleted files from it, while it was still in the card reader of my HP Envy computer? So it tells me, the drone records all of that info as well.

RedHotPoker

Totally agree sir. It's so hard when there are old docs and videos out there describing obsolete processes.

Another thing that was odd too. When after completion of updating, I finally checked the sd card for the good word, Succesful. Strange, all my previous Failed or aborted attempts were all recorded there too. And yet, I had reformatted that card a dozen times or more , and also deleted files from it, while it was still in the card reader of my HP Envy computer? So it tells me, the drone records all of that info as well.

RedHotPoker

I noticed that the history was being maintained since the last FW too.
The log must be being maintained in the P3 somewhere.

Totally agree sir. It's so hard when there are old docs and videos out there describing obsolete processes.
Thank you for this post. Earlier in this thread I was belittled and demeaned for being insecure about upgrading. I fly my Phantom solely for the pleasure of taking still photos and so far it has performed wonderfully. Not without growing pains mind you, but all is flushed out now and it is a wonder to fly.

I have read all 20 pages of this thread and it only serves to prove my point about it concerning me extremely and the more people post the more comfortable I feel with my decision. I think I even have to do mid point update to a version such that I can then upgrade to the other releases. As sick as I am this is all too confusing and CONCERNING for a person that just wants and needs it to start and fly for me.

With the approach of winter I thought I might send my bird off to a pro to perform the upgrades as I am all the way back at V. 1.1.9 or some such thing as that. I bought it back in May and have not done anything to do with upgrading since. Mostly due to the problems we were all having during the earlier stages led to this decision.

I have decided that something like this needs to be done by someone who I trust knows what he/she is doing. I am willing to pay for this convenience. I don't for the life of me know why someone would find offense to this but rather I had hoped you would be able to provide some guidance and ideas of how I might proceed.

Thanks

If you are happy with flying and the features you have, you don't need to upgrade.

Major update was done by DJI on Sept 9 when they introduced new features like follow me , way points etc. Issue got compounded with iOS release 9 which had total revamp of OS on all iOS devices. Since then customers starting complaining and DJI came out with fixes through releases.

The current one seems to be very stable unless someone finds a major bug. Only problem today is that many are facing issues in upgrading to the latest FW and App. I have no idea why. It was a cake walk for me to upgrade my aircraft FW, then DJI Go App followed with RC FW. All went smoothly.

Since you are still on the very old RC FW, you will need to go into two steps. First step would be to upgrade RC and P3 upto sept 7 release. Once that's done, you should upgrade to current version.

If you are on iOS device, you need to upgrade to iOS 9 too to get best of it.

If you are not very confident, better take help of some one as you will not find consolidated upgrade procedure for your case at one place.

Reactions: Wilfros
Thank you for this post. Earlier in this thread I was belittled and demeaned for being insecure about upgrading. I fly my Phantom solely for the pleasure of taking still photos and so far it has performed wonderfully. Not without growing pains mind you, but all is flushed out now and it is a wonder to fly.

I have read all 20 pages of this thread and it only serves to prove my point about it concerning me extremely and the more people post the more comfortable I feel with my decision. I think I even have to do mid point update to a version such that I can then upgrade to the other releases. As sick as I am this is all too confusing and CONCERNING for a person that just wants and needs it to start and fly for me.

With the approach of winter I thought I might send my bird off to a pro to perform the upgrades as I am all the way back at V. 1.1.9 or some such thing as that. I bought it back in May and have not done anything to do with upgrading since. Mostly due to the problems we were all having during the earlier stages led to this decision.

I have decided that something like this needs to be done by someone who I trust knows what he/she is doing. I am willing to pay for this convenience. I don't for the life of me know why someone would find offense to this but rather I had hoped you would be able to provide some guidance and ideas of how I might proceed.

Thanks
If you indicated the area you are in, maybe someone here with experience is near by and you can get together.

Or you could PM someone you feel nows what they are doing and is posting their location.

I am in Northern NH, USA. And I have helped many with their RC planes/helis and DJI and other MRs. And I am the President of the local AMA club, Home

AMA clubs are great resources and you can find one near you by searching here: Academy of Model Aeronautics - AMA Charter Club Search

There are several pilots in our club that fly DJI Phantoms, and you will find this in most AMA clubs. It costs nothing to call a local club and ask for help, it is a big part of what we do.

If you indicated the area you are in, maybe someone here with experience is near by and you can get together.

Or you could PM someone you feel nows what they are doing and is posting their location.

I am in Northern NH, USA. And I have helped many with their RC planes/helis and DJI and other MRs. And I am the President of the local AMA club, Home

AMA clubs are great resources and you can find one near you by searching here: Academy of Model Aeronautics - AMA Charter Club Search

There are several pilots in our club that fly DJI Phantoms, and you will find this in most AMA clubs. It costs nothing to call a local club and ask for help, it is a big part of what we do.
Thank you so much. I had not thought of that and I will certainly start a search. Besides all that it would be fun to talk with others from this area.

OH YES: I live in our Nations Capital Ottawa Ontario, Canada with very few flying restrictions so far, fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl