Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Just tried to update to Firmware v1.5.0030.

RC was ok

When i tried on my quad, the lights did the usual red to green and the sounds were normal. After 5-10min of beeping the camera status indicator stayed a solid red and beeping became continuous. Powered off and checked the log - failed update.

Connect to the RC - firmware shows updated to 1.5.3 for the quad but no signal from camera.

Tried all the methods listed in the troubleshooting - didnt work.
Left it for 20min - still the same red light and error beeping.
Formatted SD card - clean copy from com to SD - didnt work.
Formatted SD card on the quad and copied files - didnt work.

Help!!!

Just updated to newest FW & RC firmware. With the RC FW I got a "Disconnected" warning. Shut RC down & rebooted it. Restarted the update & it went through without issue. Turned GoApp back on & it reported all updates/upgrades were OK & current.

So sorry to hear others are having problems. Perhaps following DJI's official instructions will provide the desired results.

My understanding is if you are updating from 1.4 there is No update needed for the RC/radio when you update to 1.5.. I know I didn't do any update on my radio/RC and all is well. My Radio is a 300A.
D
Interesting. I have the GL300A RC & had the 1.4 FW installed yet I got the "Need to update the RC" warning. Fortunately it updated with only a minor Disconnected warning which was corrected as stated in my previous post.

RC was ok

When i tried on my quad, the lights did the usual red to green and the sounds were normal. After 5-10min of beeping the camera status indicator stayed a solid red and beeping became continuous. Powered off and checked the log - failed update.

Connect to the RC - firmware shows updated to 1.5.3 for the quad but no signal from camera.

Help!!!
Joined today and this is his first post. Classic example of infiltration by competitors.

RC was ok

Help!!!
The only file that should be on the sd card is the proper bin file. Be sure that you copy and paste the bin file by itself.
I went through a dozen or more tries, and finally had to ask for assistance from a DJI pro. No one here or of the @dji forum could have helped me, unless they also knew that extra bit was left on the sd card. Zipped files are not sent alone, there is a file folder or some sort of digital container, that must be removed, deleted, so that when you load the sd card, the bin file is naked and bare of any other info.
You will know when you have the correct file and only that file, as the update will begin quite quickly after initial Phantom 3 start up.

Hope you can get this straightened away, and get her done. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Joined today and this is his first post. Classic example of infiltration by competitors.
Funny, I believe that was said about you, just a couple weeks ago.
What's up with the nasty comment? Every body has a first post, when they decide to join in the conversations.
I fail to see your reasoning, and hope you don't voice those negative opinions of others, who you don't know yet. Be fair and reasonable.
You seem like a bright fellow, with plenty of positive info and ideas to share with the forum folks..
In the end, we are all in here for the same reasons. Fellowship, comraderie and guidance or sharing experience and knowledge.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing. ;-)

RecHotPoker

RC was ok

Help!!!
Welcome to the forum Calvin! Don't worry we will help you out.

Perhaps this question has been addressed in one of the previous 400+ tweets, if so I missed it.
Question:
If upgrading from P3 FW 1.2.6+, can one go first to 1.3.2, skip 1.4.1, and go directly to 1.5.3 ? (ie can I skip 1.4.1, or not?)

Perhaps this question has been addressed in one of the previous 400+ tweets, if so I missed it.
Question:
If upgrading from P3 FW 1.2.6+, can one go first to 1.3.2, skip 1.4.1, and go directly to 1.5.3 ? (ie can I skip 1.4.1, or not?)
Toddzilla - There was no official info I could find when I had the same question. Your question was asked many pages ago...the three responses from members was "no, must update to 1.4.1 first, it's in the release notes". I couldn't confirm that.

That said, I didn't want to chance it. I updated today from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 and then right to 1.5.3. Also updated GO app on my Ipad mini 4 (2.4.2) and Android tablet (2.4.1) and updated RC thru GO app to 1.5.7. No problems with any updates.

If you decide to update FW, don't forget to cycle your batteries thru the bird with the 1.3.2 FW on the SD card. There was a Battery FW update in 1.3.2.

Reactions: Toddzilla
:grinning:
No actually Boom Boom was a hockey player. And Pow, which as children, we used to say, when we played Cowboys and Indians.
Then Batman and Robin used that with other loud verbal noises.

But more recently, it was that other respected forum mod, who used POW!!
You can plainly see why you shouldn't mess around, around here.
View attachment 36631

The problem I had created for myself, with the current new firmware is really quite simple to understand. I was trying to load the whole file, and not the bin file by itself. I was grabbing the file folder and its contents, all of it. Never dawned on me. I had to be jarred back to my irregular mental consciousness.

RedHotPoker
I did that the first time I ever tried to upgrade-- out of the box and when it didn't work, I rushed to the P3 form and started bad mouthing DJI.:D:D:D

j/k about the bad mouthing--

but I can tell you I was a lost puppy when it came to the upgrades until I found the bin file and took it out of the folder. Another confession for all of you who struggle with performing FW upgrades > it happens to all of us==

Hehe, I actually felt like a lost child, not knowing where home was. ;-)
Then a large bright-light, lit the pathway to freedom.
Home at last, home at last. . . Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
Funny, I believe that was said about you, just a couple weeks ago.
What's up with the nasty comment? Every body has a first post, when they decide to join in the conversations.
I fail to see your reasoning, and hope you don't voice those negative opinions of others, who you don't know yet. Be fair and reasonable.
You seem like a bright fellow, with plenty of positive info and ideas to share with the forum folks..
In the end, we are all in here for the same reasons. Fellowship, comraderie and guidance or sharing experience and knowledge.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing. ;-)

RecHotPoker
What an amazing Breath of Fresh Air. What a Great Post. Thanks

Yes, I have already received congratulatory PM's, saying the same thing, essentially.
Why are we here! Not a question. I have had my own moments, and was told or asked rather, to take it down a notch or two, tone it lower in pitch.
As I said to one kind fella only a moment ago:
It takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Being angry is hard work. ;-)

And then some people make an actual career out of it. Hehe

Be kind to your forum bro's.
A day Will come, when you need some RC help, or a tiny favour.

I insist that you have fun, always fly safe, and remember to enjoy your happy landing. That's an order!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Updated my stuff tonight. 2 birds, 3 remotes. Each bird took 18 minutes, each remote took 2 minutes. Can't fly, it's way too cold, and ice is on the way.

What are you saying???? You have always told me it is pilot error or no one else has this problem!!!! Please, go back and read your responses to my problems updating!!!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Bud, How about a link instead please, that way I could go in and delete my sorry "igno-rant" selfish. I am truly Sorry about that, If I came off as arrogant or rude to you! Wasn't meant in anger or frustration, and I have no right or reason to be negative towards you or anyone else on this forum.

You now have my heart felt apology, please accept it.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Updated my stuff tonight. 2 birds, 3 remotes. Each bird took 18 minutes, each remote took 2 minutes. Can't fly, it's way too cold, and ice is on the way.
@snerd,
Happy to hear, that you had no difficulty in updating your drone and its hardware.
So, your local weather man, is not cooperating with your Piloting schedule?
Just bust out the trusty Phantom 3 iOS SIM if you don't already have RealFlight 7.5 yet. ;-)
Don't Fly away. . . Remove those rotor blades first, yes? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Maybe I'll practice hand-catching in the living room.

@snerd,
Happy to hear, that you had no difficulty in updating your drone and its hardware.
So, your local weather man, is not cooperating with your Piloting schedule?
Just bust out the trusty Phantom 3 iOS SIM if you don't already have RealFlight 7.5 yet. ;-)
Don't Fly away. . . Remove those rotor blades first, yes? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor