Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

most Phantom owners experience issues with DJI updates. DJI is the only company I know that breaks their own product functionality on a consistent basis, by releasing firmware updates that haven't been thoroughly tested.
>>Reality Check<<
Most Phantom users DON'T experience issues with DJI updates.
Really .. they don't.
But it's posts like that that cause new owners to think they will have problems.

Furthermore, despite DJI having had one firmware version released with a problem back some time ago, DJI don't consistently break their own product functionality.

And in case you didn't notice .. this firmware update (like several before) was extensively tested by a large number of beat testers.

(Some) people just love to bag DJI, so many that it's become a "thing".
These sort of factoids get repeated so much that quite a few readers are convinced they are true without any experience themselves and perpetuate the myths and hyperbole.

Hi not at all related but I can't find anywhere on this forum where I start a post? Any help appreciated

Ok since I'm on 1.4 I might try both things you said & will let you know outcome, my no signal issue goes something like this
It was after work & dark & breezy but I'm sure you'll get the picture, ps not looking for YT views & will delete vid shortly

Have you tested P3 in daylight operation ?
I see you are using 1/25 shutter time with 25fps and this is not good (too slow shutter), becouse video TX chip un-sync with video capture at specific time span.

I hear you, but the reason I said majority is because the majority of the reviews of 2.4 on the App Store experienced problems. Around 60 out of 80 users....that's a majority. Of course it's a sample of 80 users, not every phantom 3 user because we don't have access to that data. So technically one could say that 60 out of 80 in the sample group experienced issues, resulting in a majority.
A majority? I can't begin to work out how you get a majority.
I read a lot of threads and posts and I don't sense anything like a majority having problems with updates.
This is what it looks like on the Android Market ... and that's before you calculate that some of the negatives are due to misunderstandings, unsuitable tablets or configuration or a dozen other reasons that have nothing to do with the program.
Or the (probably) rather large number of people like me that have never bothered to put a rating in at all.
Given that there are hundreds of thousands of P3s out there and only a few ratings, I think it's a pretty safe assumption.
i-k5DtnSP-L.jpg

I'm on 1.3.2 at the moment, do I need to update the firmware to 1.4.1 first before I can update it to 1.5.3?
Seems so, but i would,nt bother flying the 1.4.1, just go direct to the 1.5.3...seems more stable to me and my batteries run cooler.

>>Reality Check<<
Really .. they don't.
But it's posts like that that cause new owners to think they will have problems.

Furthermore, despite DJI having had one firmware version released with a problem back some time ago, DJI don't consistently break their own product functionality.

And in case you didn't notice .. this firmware update (like several before) was extensively tested by a large number of beat testers.

These sort of factoids get repeated so much that quite a few readers are convinced they are true without any experience themselves and perpetuate the myths and hyperbole.
I have done a lot of research on all the other multi-rotor platforms and the dji Phantom P3P is the best quad your going to get under 2000 dollars, even with the few complications with firmware. I have a had a few problems with the bird, from cracked shell, to tilted horizon and drifting but I know from experience from buying well over 8000 in rc products this is small fries. So I agree with Meta4, you gotta take the bad with the good.

Reactions: bobmyers
I have a phantom 3 pro and have successfully upgraded the firmware, although I'm yet to take to the skies ive tested some of the features on the ground and I have noticed that for the first time ever since purchasing the p3p I can now switch between taking still photos and taking video without the GO app crashing and needing reinstalling.
Cache not turned off either! I'm hoping that I'm not premature in saying I think they have fixed the only issue I was so annoyed about - **** app crash and either taking video or taking photos but not both during same flight!
I'm using a Lenovo a8-50 tablet and/or a htc m8 for viewing.
Has anyone else had or overcome this issue?

With so many new Phantom owners after the holiday season, can you guys even imagine what it will be like on here come January?
Hopefully the pre holiday batch of newbies will know enough by January to help with the rush of questions

>>Reality Check<<
Really .. they don't.

Go read the DJI Go App 2.4 reviews then talk to me. 80% of users experienced failures after the update.

And I don't like to bag DJI, I love my phantom 3 and think it's the best drone on the market, however it's their updates that cause the problems.

After upgrading to 1.3.2 to 1.4 my radio would not connect to my bird. I did online tech support and he had me re link my remote and all is well now. Not sure if this is the no signal problem others were having but that is what my rc said after the update. It was as simple as re linking my remote to my drone. This was on a p3p

Reactions: Lori
I hear you, but the reason I said majority is because the majority of the reviews of 2.4 on the App Store experienced problems. Around 60 out of 80 users....that's a majority. Of course it's a sample of 80 users, not every phantom 3 user because we don't have access to that data. So technically one could say that 60 out of 80 in the sample group experienced issues, resulting in a majority.
Go read the DJI Go App 2.4 reviews then talk to me. 80% of users experienced failures after the update.
I haven't been able to find separate numbers for v2.4 but going from the numbers you submitted above, I'd say all that proves is that 60 out of 80 people that bothered to rate 2.4 are complainers.

With a user base in the hundreds of thousands, you cannot extrapolate from a sample size of 80 and a sampling method with a huge bias toward people who believe they have something to complain about.

You are way off in your claim.

Ok seriously what is the point of adding 2.7k to the Pro without adding increased framerates to go with it? If the camera can handle 4k/30fps it can definitely handle 2.7k/48fps. Not impressed.

Has anyone had a chance to record yet and see if we got any compression improvements or added bit rate performance?
Compression is done in h/w within the camera, you won't see any changes in that until the h/w is upgraded, maybe Phantom 4 with H.265 support.

I did all the steps and upgraded my drone but when I went to up grade my transmitter
And plug Ed in the usb nothing happened to it No flashing or blue light does this mean it's at the highest upgrade possible

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl