Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

Ok just flew here in Austin, TX. Temp today is 95 degrees. I have the video set to custom with low res live feed and the hardware decode enabled. I didn't have much of any lag except when at a long distance. I was able to fly out 10,594 feet from my home. I live on a hill and have a very long 10mi view. So line of sight here was majorly important. No obstructions no issues.

Even at that distance I was receiving live feed just fine without lag and even after flying it twice and one additional battery closer to the house in between the two long flights. Very stable.

Winds were only around 4-6Mph so not too much of an issue when hovering. The air was unstable around the house since it caused eddies coming around the house. But otherwise, if I raised to above the house. No problem. Rock sold hover. Very pleased thus far with the latest firmware. Will keep flying and hope to keep seeing these results.

I did pop over to the higher quality live feed during the last long distance flight, and saw a fair amount of lag. I'm using an iPad Air not the 2nd gen one. But still had pretty good results. Especially with as hot as it was and I was on the SW side of the house directly in the sun. I held the controller up in the air with the sun beating directly down on it without any sun shield. So even being subjected to direct sun in 95 degree temp, and very little lag, I'm very happy.

Reactions: Albert R. and Oso
Ok just flew here in Austin, TX. Temp today is 95 degrees. I have the video set to custom with low res live feed and the hardware decode enabled. I didn't have much of any lag except when at a long distance. I was able to fly out 10,594 feet from my home. I live on a hill and have a very long 10mi view. So line of sight here was majorly important. No obstructions no issues.

Even at that distance I was receiving live feed just fine without lag and even after flying it twice and one additional battery closer to the house in between the two long flights. Very stable.

Winds were only around 4-6Mph so not too much of an issue when hovering. The air was unstable around the house since it caused eddies coming around the house. But otherwise, if I raised to above the house. No problem. Rock sold hover. Very pleased thus far with the latest firmware. Will keep flying and hope to keep seeing these results.

I did pop over to the higher quality live feed during the last long distance flight, and saw a fair amount of lag. I'm using an iPad Air not the 2nd gen one. But still had pretty good results. Especially with as hot as it was and I was on the SW side of the house directly in the sun. I held the controller up in the air with the sun beating directly down on it without any sun shield. So even being subjected to direct sun in 95 degree temp, and very little lag, I'm very happy.

Just to make sure you enabled hardware decoding after the update, correct?

Well heres my tale of whoa. Updating the bird, id did get the four DDDD's and a long whine. No update after 45m Shut it down re install, now all i get is one long whine, no DDDD's and the camera LED is solid red. Any ideas?

Updated bird and batteries. Just finished flying, all went well! bird was rock solid in high winds.

Reactions: Buckaye
Well heres my tale of whoa. Updating the bird, id did get the four DDDD's and a long whine. No update after 45m Shut it down re install, now all i get is one long whine, no DDDD's and the camera LED is solid red. Any ideas?

try re-downloading the firmware maybe it's corrupt?... you sure you put it in the root of the directory?

Yup Its the only thing on the card. In fact, I updated the RC perfectly. Ugh

Make sure you use an empty memory card. I had the same issue, change for a new memory card (empty) and loaded it with the new firmware... worked perfectly

Updated the P3A just fine and I think the battery updated. Couldn't tell from the log file other than SUCESS!! Can't get the Controller to update but all seems functioning so I assume the controller is fine. I tried to update the controller with micro SD USB key, no go then tried directly from the P3A via USB Cable. Turned on the Controller then the Phantom and it just beeped like there was error. Checked the log and it attempted to perform the update again but failed. I'll try the update with a fresh battery after this to see if the update continues for the battery. Other than that all seems well.

Easy updates...P3A, controller and 3 batteries all done.

Updates too about 23 minutes for the P3P, less than 10 minutes for my controller, and batteries about 1 minute each or less.

BTW, my HeadPlay / HDMI board upgrade is working great...The HP are not perfect, but there's no glare :D

:harry

Reactions: Albert R.
Dear Pilots,
Just another data point. Update to version 1.3.20 for P3P, RC and batteries went without a hitch. The iOS App noted that an update via the App was not possible and instructed me to use the USB method. Update via USB took less than 2 min and completed successfully. I am waiting for the aircraft to cool down before performing an IMU calibration.
First flight tomorrow but a quick observation was the exceptional satellite reception indoors. Unless it is due to outdoor weather conditions, I have never locked 11 satellites indoors. Just an observation but I hate to speculate on its significance.
Good luck with the update folks.

Bladestrike what do you mean by enabling hardware decoding? Im not very computer savvy.

JasonB777 in the Go App go in to the options menu from the top right on the IOS app. Select the bottom tab on the left. The one below the gimbal You'll find camera options there and select Enable Hardware Decode from there.

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 271
Sorry for not understanding( I haven't had a chance to use the new app). I guess what I should ask is what is the benefit of enabling hardware decode?

Hardware decode allows the app to use the a7 or a8 gpu. They added this option in earlyer builds because the app had some issue with the a8 gpu. It seems to run fine now and should be enabled. Otherwise the cpu decodes via software. Makes it work harder and run warmer.

Updated 2 birds, 2 controllers and 4 batteries without issue... however, the 2nd bird was just back from DJI LA repair and apparently not really 'fixed'... lots of warnings before the firmware update, and afterwards an "ESC Status Error". It's already on its way back to DJI, through an escalated RMA (sigh).

I'll test fly my 'good' bird tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT