Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

They call it subtitles in the menu, not sure which section it is under without getting the tablet out.
You probably need the phantom on and connected for any change to stick
Hi 4wd!
I still want to know how to get rid of subtitles! Can you check it for us ?
I am able to turn it off on already made videos ,but I want to disable it in the settings to no show up at all.
Many thanks

Last edited:
I finished with updating FW on a phantom 3 and everything was fine , it finished with success. But while i updating FW on a bird i moved my bird from one place to another because i thought it finished with update but it didn't, so now I'm afraid that maybe it cause some problems , and I'm wondering is it ok to put a card with a same FW and do it again the same process?

Moving it during the update shouldn't be a problem if it says success on the card.
It's strongly advised to do a full IMU afterwards, whether it says you need to or not.
That is when you need to ensure it is level and not moved or even vibrated if possible.
You want to let it cool down for the IMU calibration, and be ready to start it as soon as the phantom is turned on.
At every subsequent startup it will make you wait until the temperature is the same as when you did the IMU.

Subtitles: Uncheck the box, restart everything, should work.

Reactions: Miljan Mladenovic
Question: I got the Phantom 3 Pro updated but when updating the controller I never got a blue blinking light like it says. When I checked app it says it has the 2.0.0 update? So I guess its updated. If it is not updated will it tell you when you turn on controller with new app? thanks!

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

as usual really rubbish communication about what has been resolved in the update...

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.2.6
Major Updates:
1. Anti-distortion feature added for images and non-4K videos.
2. Various bug fixes.

I thought bladestrike said they were working on the communication in this regard...

Is the VPS issue actually fixed ?

for some reason on my controller has a red triangle and says Upgrade required.
When I check about on app it says it has the App is version 2.0.0 and the firmware is Version 1.3.20. Pretty sure thats the current update. Wonder why it still says Upgrade required?? stumped.

Moving it during the update shouldn't be a problem if it says success on the card.
It's strongly advised to do a full IMU afterwards, whether it says you need to or not.
That is when you need to ensure it is level and not moved or even vibrated if possible.
You want to let it cool down for the IMU calibration, and be ready to start it as soon as the phantom is turned on.
At every subsequent startup it will make you wait until the temperature is the same as when you did the IMU.

Subtitles: Uncheck the box, restart everything, should work.

Thanks for advise :)

Reactions: Elkbowhunter
another quick question. Do each of my batteries for Phantom 3 Pro have to be updated as well with new firmware and if so how do you do that and how do you tell if they are updated? thanks!

another quick question. Do each of my batteries for Phantom 3 Pro have to be updated as well with new firmware and if so how do you do that and how do you tell if they are updated? thanks!
Yes. and you can do it this way
Just leave the firmware bin. file on little sd card.
Insert it in the rig.
Insert new battery you want to be upgraded
turn it on.
In the few seconds process should begin itself.
it takes only couple min
Do it for all of you batteries.
If nothing happens for the few minutes means you battery is up to date

Good look ;)

Yes, just fire up the Controller and Phantom with each battery in place and the bin file on the sd ccard

Thank you very much for that. There are a lot of whiners and complainers on this blog. Makes me want to not bother with it. I come here to try and learn from others experiences not to read useless critism.

I agree. I also see noobs treated with very harsh criticism. Perhaps we need a sub-forum here for noobs where they can ask basic questions without being treated as idiots. We are all here to learn and share.

I agree 100%....we WERE ALL NOOBIES ONCE!!!....oh and how we wished we had the info we see on these posts. To any whiners out there: if you are going to whine...do not post. Blow your steam somewhere else!!

Reactions: bobmyers
Those who know me on this forum also know that I've been a very vocal a-hole about the firmware snafu. My P3Pro went from a princess to a turd...I'll spare the rest of the details...

Just call me "Mikey", (he hates everything...if you're old enough to remember that one.)

...I upgraded last night without a hitch both bird and controller. Recalibrated everything afterward. Didn't refrigerate anything, didn't stand on one foot while pointing north. Didn't kill any chickens and draw any pentagrams in blood so I could center my P3 before calibrating the IMU.

Took it out about sunset and tested the VPS, about 2 feet off the ground, across an office complex lawn about 150-200 yards long, gently rolling slopes up and down about 2 feet or so variation over grass, 5" curbs, and asphalt pavement parking lots. Ambient temp was 95* with about 60% humidity. Zero wind.

The new firmware operated flawlessly for me, (your mileage may vary of course). I didn't try range yet because it was getting dark and the mosquitoes here are as big as P3's too. But the VPS held at even near-full throttle speeds forward and backward and side-to-side at 2-feet above ground on runs over 100 yards and maintained that height over slopes and curbs (sudden jump 5" for curbs)

If it had even hiccupped, I'd have b-tched about it here and now...it didn't. It looks like my P3 is back. :)

for some reason on my controller has a red triangle and says Upgrade required.
When I check about on app it says it has the App is version 2.0.0 and the firmware is Version 1.3.20. Pretty sure thats the current update. Wonder why it still says Upgrade required?? stumped.
Experienced absolutely same thing, I was able to do it thru application
but then it failed to upgrade... It scared me a lot but after restart problem disappeared.
restart everything - should help you

Hi there,

I fly with a P3ADV but i'm using Android.
Can i Upgrade the bird and controler, But still use the very buggy 1.20 Android App until they release the 2.0 Anroid App ?

The 1.20 Android Ap is very Buggy for me becauee every thime i have the app that crashes and restarts automatically. Also sometimes i get Video Cache Buffer full error and of course the no signal bug.

Anyone an idea when they release the 2.00 Android App ?

Concerning third party apps i heard and red that a lot of them have problems with the 1.3.20 firmware (which include the SDK)

kind regards
Marnix

Hi there,

I fly with a P3ADV but i'm using Android.
Can i Upgrade the bird and controler, But still use the very buggy 1.20 Android App until they release the 2.0 Anroid App ?

The 1.20 Android Ap is very Buggy for me becauee every thime i have the app that crashes and restarts automatically. Also sometimes i get Video Cache Buffer full error and of course the no signal bug.

Anyone an idea when they release the 2.00 Android App ?

Concerning third party apps i heard and red that a lot of them have problems with the 1.3.20 firmware (which include the SDK)

kind regards
Marnix

Was wondering the same thing because I was hoping the latest FW would have fixed the crash issue.
But after reading comments on several forums decided not to upgrade yet.
I'm on 1.2.6 and use a Samsung 8.4 pro.
Was having app crashes almost every flight until I read to uninstall google services updates and use airplane mode.
What a difference that made!
Gotta tell you, I've flown several flights this week over a mile out and not one App crash and the video is 100% better.
For me, I'll wait until DJI releases ground station, POI and follow me before even considering updating the FW.

I installed the 1.3.2 firmware installed as advertised. I did notice though I get a message on the DJI app status of firmware update needed. It scrolls across the status bar several times then disappears. I haven't flown the unit after the upgrade waiting for my prop guards.

The good thing is they listened and we can now downgrade the firmware. That alone is huge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT