Phantom 3 Pro Lost Signal at Startup

I will try solution 1 first right now and let you know, i would prefer solution 2 however so i know everything is up to date.
Thats right but I want first you to make it working. We will go step by step from there. After downgrading RC, reboot everything and give me versions as shown by Go app.

Im using android, i tried the correct start up procedure but still the same result; no signal. Here is what current version me RC: 1.6.0
App: 2.8.0
P3:1.1.5
We saw this odd version number issue in another thread, the problem was the AC needing to be upgraded to 1.8.8.
After downgrading the RC, the AC then correctly reported 1.7.
The AC wouldn't upgrade for him because he was using the Pro firmware on his Advanced.
Once he got the AC upgraded correctly and re-upgraded the RC, the versions showed correctly and they communicated again.

We saw this odd version number issue in another thread, the problem was the AC needing to be upgraded to 1.8.8.
After downgrading the RC, the AC then correctly reported 1.7.
The AC wouldn't upgrade for him because he was using the Pro firmware on his Advanced.
Once he got the AC upgraded correctly and re-upgraded the RC, the versions showed correctly and they communicated again.
Yes thats right. i want to make sure that his case is identical. I don't like to assume anything.

Nice catch! That is quite possible since they are the same version numbers.

If you have more then 1 battery, make sure you either have updated both or are using the one that was updated, this is also a common problem that causes the no signal error.

If you have more then 1 battery, make sure you either have updated both or are using the one that was updated, this is also a common problem that causes the no signal error.
Is it confirmed? Is it a wrong message or signal really gets blocked?

All is good now thank you all so much. Everything is completely up to date now. First i down grade controller to 1.5, which allowed me to gain control of my P3 again and allowed me to upgrade it to 1.8 using the sd card. In which i then upgraded my RC to the current version.

If anyone else is experiencing this i highly recomend updating your AC firmware first prior to updating your RC firmware.

Reactions: Reed L
You went silent for sometime so we thought you are busy with something else. Didn't realize you are enjoying your P3 again.

Is it confirmed? Is it a wrong message or signal really gets blocked?
This is the 2nd time you've asked if it's confirmed Alok...
So I'll go into it one last time a bit with more detail. The screen is black, it says "No Signal" but it flies just fine. "No signal" is just to the camera from the rc. One of my batteries didn't update right because the sd card went out during an update, I researched, diagnosed and found it was the sd card that caused the fw issue when 1.4.0 came out and didn't install the update correctly, it took some time to find that it was the sd card that went bad.. The problem was not the battery, I found this out quick enough by trial and error with simple systematic style diagnosis plus/ and the other batteries worked fine. The .dat file on the bird said failed... So, I took the bird back to 1.3.2 and tested it. I put in one of my other batteries that was still on 1.3.2 and it flew fine, so I had 1 out of 7 batteries on that wouldn't work. The screen was black and at the top it said... "No Signal..." Naturally, I thought it was the battery at first and it took a lot of time to find the bad sd card because I was using the 16gig lexar that came with it to update to 1.3.2 and the 64gig micro brand that came with the P3A when I bought the packaged P3A deal from Drone's Etc. as an extra to continue the update to 1.4. That battery that took it to 1.4 after having the update fail twice was not the issue. After I downgraded everything back to 1.3.2, That 1 battery still had the same issue - because I didn't downgrade it at that time - because it needed to be recharged before I could use it again being that I had used it for both updates at the same time. So it updated the bird to 1.3.2 and then after switching cards - again to 1.4.0, so it had to be recharged and got set aside for later. After I took everything else back to 1.3.2 with the 16gig Lexar card this battery still didn't work until it was downgraded to 1.3.2. I charged the battery, put it back in and tested it with the 1.4 update still on this battery

So please do us all a favor Alok, and do this test yourself and see if you can confirm it completely and officially because right now it's still just one persons diagnosed theory.

To make matters worse the 1.4.0 update had a bug and didn't work for many people so DJI took it down that afternoon and put up the 1.4.1 update the next morning. Please do what you can to re'enact the scenario and see if you can come up with the same diagnosis or tell us what you think is the problem Alok.
I answered you last time here - see post #4 and below - Keep losing video connection

So you ask, is it confirmed again? I'm not a pro - Experienced Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Thermal, Airflow and Software Engineer like your signature says you are... You're the man and I'm just a simple minded retired Boiler Engineer with tons of time way in the past building, diagnosing and fixing Industrial sized Boilers the size of neighborhoods with miles of wires, circuit boards, pneumatics, hydraulics, and everything under the sun built in, so I'm no software engineer by any means. I retired in 2011 at 52 and really don't want to add a complete resume to this post... lol :) The P2 is a tiny little toy and not something that I was ever trained to work on. But diagnosing problems and then fixing them is what I am good at, so I fix my P3 myself and don't send it in simply... because I can... I've crashed twice and put it back together both times and it still works like new and the only thing that I changed was that I used wire ties to hold the camera on instead of the clips that came with it because it gives it more of a shock absorbing or buffering effect.

So do some tests for us...so that the next time someone has this problem with the "No Signal" message, you can answer it for us all because it's been confirmed by you that it's a known issue. You should be able to confirm it easy enough by putting pro fw on an advanced bird battery or do some tests, I know you can confirm it Alok, I trust you :) haha. Here's what another guy did -
P3 advanced and pro batteries not interchangeable?
Once again, I'm serious Alok, if you have the time, please confirm the fw battery issue for us all if you have some time, I've been through it myself already :)

Last edited:
May be I'm getting old, it didn't get register to my mind that battery can affect signal.

You should see how consistent I am. hahaha.

OMG such a long message, I might take few days to read it, one request don't post that message again until I finish reading your message.

Reactions: Reed L
May be I'm getting old, it didn't get register to my mind that battery can affect signal.

OMG such a long message, I might take few days to read it, one request don't post that message again until I finish reading your message.
Lol :) It's going to be an easy test, I didn't know back then that the battery alone would cause that either... phew, so anyway, It's been spelled out by numerous people here now, just never actually confirmed officially and I've been calling it the,
"Not So Smart Battery" ever since :)

Yes it can. Because the firmware are installed on the battery.
I already tested my self.
I have 2 bird. Advance and standard.
When i need extra battery on standard , i just use the advance battery. My standard bird has advance firm at info status and req updateing.

If i put the battry back to my advance. At dji go info that my bird version need upadate.

So .. The firmware it self instaled at the battry not in the AC.
If im not wrong.
Thats why when you not update the battry , it will not sincronice to RC...

If im wrong please corected ..

Sorry my bad english

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl