Keep losing video connection

Reaction score
Seems like ever since I upgraded to the latest firmware 1.8, now I keep losing video connection. Always lose it the second I try to record video, and usually lose it after a few minutes of just flying around. Anyone else have this problem? Using an android tablet.

And how to I downgrade the firmware to the previous one. I put the 1.7 version on the micro sd card, but the aircraft doesn't do anything with it when I turn it on.

I don't think loss of video is related to the FW but anyway you can downgrade to the previous one by removing the existing bin file on SF card and replacing it with bin file of 1.7. You may also need to downgrade RC FW.

I had that caused by one of the batteries having a bad update on it, I would check this first because it's a quick fix if the battery didn't take the update the first time. Mine was because I had a new... bad sd card... It flew fine just no signal from the camera with the signal loss message...

I had that caused by one of the batteries having a bad update on it, I would check this first because it's a quick fix if the battery didn't take the update the first time. Mine was because I had a new... bad sd card... It flew fine just no signal from the camera with the signal loss message...
Thats a news to me. Is the finding verified?

Funny that you say this, cause it seems like it did happen after I borrowed someone else's brand new batteries that didn't have the current firmware on them. But I'm still having the problem on my up to date batteries now. Wanna try downgrading the aircraft firmware and remote control firmware and try reloading it. But I'm not able to downgrade the aircraft one. I put version 1.7 on the sd card but it doesn't downgrade. Txt file on the card says aborted - firmware is the same or better or something.

.... I'm not able to downgrade the aircraft one. I put version 1.7 on the sd card but it doesn't downgrade. Txt file on the card says aborted - firmware is the same or better or something.
This means either you have not upgraded the FW to 1.8 or you are using 1.8 bin file to downgrade.

Paste your txt file contents here.

Now it's all f'd up. On startup, gimball does its boot up thing, then goes limp, never get a video picture, takes longer to turn off aircraft, battery button flashes red for a while, 10 seconds maybe, then drone shuts off. Putting firmware 1.7 or 1.8 now does nothing, no text file comes up. Ughhhh

Thats a news to me. Is the finding verified?

It's an old thread but yep, verified by me because I got 3 bad 64gig sd cards from drones etc when I bought my P3A last September. 1 card of the 3 formatted so I put the original 1.4 on it, not the later revised 1.4.1. I had 1.32 on the 16gig that came with it. Everything updated fine and worked on the 1.3.2 update, so I immediately moved to the 1.4... The 1 good 64 gig card stopped reading somewhere during the upgrade to 1.4... After I found the cards were all bad, I used the 16gig and went back to 1.3.2 but didn't down grade 1 battery. And that had the bad update on it and gave me the no signal message. After I downgraded that battery to 1.3.2 all was good. Here's the initial post from last year when I was still learning all about bad updates/ sd cards -
P3A up and running with few problems

I'm starting to think this is all battery related. I borrowed someone's batteries from a P3 Pro to use on my Advanced and now neither of our crafts work right. His won't power up at all now, mine is now recognized as a P3 Pro in the app. I think his batteries got updated when I put them in my craft, but his craft still isn't updated so it won't even power on. Who knows why my app all of a sudden recognizes my craft as a pro when it's not. DJI says just send them in, guess that's what I'll have to do.

I'm starting to think this is all battery related. I borrowed someone's batteries from a P3 Pro to use on my Advanced and now neither of our crafts work right. His won't power up at all now, mine is now recognized as a P3 Pro in the app. I think his batteries got updated when I put them in my craft, but his craft still isn't updated so it won't even power on. Who knows why my app all of a sudden recognizes my craft as a pro when it's not. DJI says just send them in, guess that's what I'll have to do.

If you send them in to DJI, they will just come back with the latest firmware installed, forcing him to update his fw on his pro... Just use your advanced fw and reload it again for your P3A batteries. You can use the 1.8pro fw for his and then he can see if it works for him or he can downgrade it some if it won't. My advanced is recognized as a pro by the go-app because I have all my batteries updated to 1.6.4pro but it still flies the same and I can interchange between the 2 this way because my fw versions are close enough together with 1.3.2 on the p3a. I originally thought that I may have to take the p3a to 1.6.4 advanced but I got lucky and it just added a + to my version. So I have 1.3.2+ when it starts up with the 1.6.4pro batteries

I have a p3 pro. Updated to latest Fw. Do I need to do something special with the batteries?

add me to the list with video issues. Same ole batteries, just the updated FW....

Seems like ever since I upgraded to the latest firmware 1.8, now I keep losing video connection. Always lose it the second I try to record video, and usually lose it after a few minutes of just flying around. Anyone else have this problem? Using an android tablet.

And how to I downgrade the firmware to the previous one. I put the 1.7 version on the micro sd card, but the aircraft doesn't do anything with it when I turn it on.

Lol. This just happened to me today!! Freaked me out as the visuals are gone. The bird is roughly 30m me at elevation of 60m-ish.... lucky it still hoover in place (a big thank you to gps) and i manage to fly it back closer to me. Restarted the go app but there is still no signal.

Gave up on it and flew the bird closer to hand catch when suddenly visuals appear. Flew around some more till low bat warning. Flew again with the remaining 2 spare bats that i have with no furthur issues. Strange eh. Im thinking FW problem? Im running on all latest fw for all. More than 70 flight done with over 100km distance flew. I own 2 p3a (dont ask why). Is this problem un avvoidable? This happen for the first time lol and it got me a lil scared

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers