P3 advanced and pro batteries not interchangeable?

Reaction score
So the other day I borrowed a couple batteries from a friend who has a P3 Pro to use on my P3 Advanced. My firmware was up to date with version 1.8, but his wasn't. When I put his batteries in my craft, I think I still had the firmware update on my SD card and it updated his batteries - now his craft won't even power on! Also, my craft is now having a bunch of problems - the camera gimball goes limp after it's boot up phase, and all my batteries flash the red button on the shutdown phase for about 10 seconds before shutting down. Also, when connecting to my app, it now recognizes my craft as a P3 Pro, not advanced. What a mess.

Who knew something as simple and borrowing a few batteries could cause so much havoc?! Any ideas on how to get back to normal? DJI says send them in.

does his bird have the latest update on it

Your friend will have to reload his fw on his batteries because you really screwed up by having the P3A bin file still on your sd card. It's simple but his won't fly because when you used his batteries, you updated them to whatever you had on your sd card. I use batteries between my pro and advanced with no problems because I use clean sd cards. As long as he updates them back to pro fw, he will be fine but if it was me, I would just buy him new batteries that can be updated to where he needs them. Because I have 1.3.2 on my advanced and 1.6.4 on my pro, they interchange just fine but he will probably have to update his fw to match the 1.8 or there's a chance that you can put his batteries into your P3 with his pro 1.8 update on your sd card just to update the batteries for him, so he can leave his bird as is.

Last edited:
Then I think is good advice to reformat, or at least remove firmware from the sd card after the update.

Then I think is good advice to reformat, or at least remove firmware from the sd card after the update.
I agree. I cycle all of my batteries through to ensure they get the update and then delete the BIN from my memory card.

How can he update the firmware on his batteries if the craft won't even power up now? Thinking yeah, I may need to buy him some new batteries and take his.

Reactions: Reed L
What does his craft do when he attempts to power it up? Please give us as many details as possible.

Are they genuine DJI batteries or third party? DJI doesn't allow third party batteries in the latest firmware...maybe that's your problem.

Reactions: flpholt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20