Phantom 3 Pro Lost Signal at Startup

Reaction score
Hello i am wondering if there is anyone having the same problem as me and possibly has a solution to it.

I recently updated my drone to the most current one. Now whenever i turn on by remote and drone it immediately says no signal at the top of my screen, then says lost signal. I still have video feed but cannot control ANYTHING via the remote or DJI App. Im very frustrated because ive looked up possible solutions and nothing has worked. I was really looking forward to flying today.

Did you update the App and the RC as well? It won't work otherwise.

Yeah i updated all 3; RC, phantom, and app. They were all done using the app.

Go to DJI GO app and read the version numbers on About tab and post here. We will workout solution for you then.

Most probably its mismatch of the versions.

IOS or Android? Close everything running on your Tab or Phone, whichever you are using and try a different power up sequence. I have a similar issue with the Go app and Litchi. I have to use a different power up sequence for each, oddly enough but they both work. I am running Android.

Reactions: NRJ
After release of RC 1.6FW/ AC 1.8FW, it has become imperative to follow following sequence:

RC on >>> AC on >>> Go App on

After release of RC 1.6FW/ AC 1.8FW, it has become imperative to follow following sequence:

Good to know. I usually turn on the AC first then RC and then Go app. I usually get the no signal at startup but it usually goes away. Now I will use your procedure and maybe it will take care of my signal lost issue. Thanks alok.

It seems like every new release of P3 software has caused some new or different problem. I haven't flown since last fall, and am on 1.4 for my P3P. I set my iPad to manual GO App updates and haven't upgraded it since last year either. What are the issues in 1.8?

It seems like every new release of P3 software has caused some new or different problem. I haven't flown since last fall, and am on 1.4 for my P3P. I set my iPad to manual GO App updates and haven't upgraded it since last year either. What are the issues in 1.8?
There are no issues on 1.8 except that it is tightly bound to RC. That means you need RC as 1.6 to connect to AC 1.8.80. They have done it to encrypt the communication signals but then both can't interact unless they have the same decryption keys, thats why hard restriction on FW versions. they are no more backward compatible.

its definitely good way to provide security but a common user is trapped between technology and the phantom upgrade. We can't expect everyone to read everything, DJI should make installers more interactive and prevent wrong doings.

Off the track: Hi kphantom, I like your name as one of my close friends name is khanson :)

Hello i am wondering if there is anyone having the same problem as me and possibly has a solution to it.

I recently updated my drone to the most current one. Now whenever i turn on by remote and drone it immediately says no signal at the top of my screen, then says lost signal. I still have video feed but cannot control ANYTHING via the remote or DJI App. Im very frustrated because ive looked up possible solutions and nothing has worked. I was really looking forward to flying today.
I've been dealing with the lost/weak signal on and off for months. Never a problem with control just lost video. Been doing updates on a regular basis whenever they become available. Does not seem to make a difference what version I'm on. Sometimes the problem is constant for days, at start up and during flights and then I'll have days of perfection. Not even a flicker of lost signal or video. Yesterday the problem was occurring as bad as ever. So since nothing has helped in the past I removed the gimbal/ camera and disconnected the 2 ribbon cables. Plugged them back in being sure they clicked into place and yahoo, problem fixed. Multiple flights and all seems perfect so far. If things stay this way then I have to assume it was a loose cable all along. Give it a try, easy to do. Good luck.

Im using android, i tried the correct start up procedure but still the same result; no signal. Here is what current version me RC: 1.6.0
App: 2.8.0
P3:1.1.5

Current P3 is 1.8, RC and APP Are Correct.

Im using android, i tried the correct start up procedure but still the same result; no signal. Here is what current version me RC: 1.6.0
App: 2.8.0
P3:1.1.5
We see the problem now.

RC 1.6 needs AC 1.8.8.

Solution 1: Downgrade RC to 1.5

or

Solution 2: Upgrade AC to 1.3.2 >> 1.8.80

Try solution 1 first and let us know the results. (as I doubt if DJI GO is showing the correct version of AC. If you have txt file on SD card, post it too for our analysis)

Last edited:
You have to update the Aircraft Via, SD Card. The App will update the RC.

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
@Fly Dawg
I know the p3 is wrong, for some reason its saying all my versions are current on my DJI App. Any clue why? I even looked at the update results on the sd card and it said the download for 1.8 was successful...something is going wrong somewhere and its causing the "no signal" at startup.

Un-install then Re-install the App before connecting. See if that changes the versions that it shows. I will say though that I did have a similar occurrence on the App reporting incorrect versions, so that's the easiest thing to try IMO.

@Fly Dawg
I know the p3 is wrong, for some reason its saying all my versions are current on my DJI App. Any clue why? I even looked at the update results on the sd card and it said the download for 1.8 was successful...something is going wrong somewhere and its causing the "no signal" at startup.
Post your text file or follow solution 1 given above and post results. Im sure we will resolve your issue but lets work systematically.

I will try solution 1 first right now and let you know, i would prefer solution 2 however so i know everything is up to date.

If your SD card reports that the Aircraft Update was successful, the AC should have 1.8.80 now. If I understood other threads correctly, you cannot down grade from 1.8.80, so it may or may not work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl