P3P eBay Deal of the Day for $799

The deal from Pixel Hub did jump to $999 this morning before they once again brought it back down to $779. Although they've been delivering P3Ps for great pricing, I have noticed they like to play around with their buy it now price, perhaps to catch people off guard with hopes of selling a few at $999. They've sold over 200 units in the last 48 hours at $779, one going to yours truly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "slight" downward adjustment albeit for a short period. Those that are on the fence should just purchase at this point to avoid any risk on losing out on this extremely good price, legit deals are unlikely to get much better.
Indeed, the supply of P3P's can't be unlimited, unless DJI is just feeding them directly from the factory in China to PixelHub...

Have you got a phone number for them?
I want to know if they have any of the original old motor W323 P3P's.
Those are the best for long range flying with stable FPV.

They do not. I asked them a question via eBay, no W322 Advances or W323 Pro's.

They do not. I asked them a question via eBay, no W322 Advances or W323 Pro's.
Thanks! Hopefully, they might eventually get some. Someone is sure feeding them lots of inventory at very discounted prices! :cool: I'm guessing its DJI themselves!

I bought one last night from pixel hub and a battery at 114.99

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks! Hopefully, they might eventually get some. Someone is sure feeding them lots of inventory at very discounted prices! :cool: I'm guessing its DJI themselves!

I suspect not. They are only selling new birds. There aren't any new v1's I can find out there on the Interweb. I'm sure you may be able to run into one at a local hobby store or maybe even a Best Buy though. I'm sure DJi is feeding them. They probably offered to buy what appears to be 1000 units. I'm sure they got a pretty good discount and DJi was more than happy to unload that many an once to one buyer.

I suspect not. They are only selling new birds. There aren't any new v1's I can find out there on the Interweb. I'm sure you may be able to run into one at a local hobby store or maybe even a Best Buy though. I'm sure DJi is feeding them. They probably offered to buy what appears to be 1000 units. I'm sure they got a pretty good discount and DJi was more than happy to unload that many an once to one buyer.
Thanks. I've already got three of the W323 birds, but at these prices, another one would have been hard to turn down.:cool: They sure are blowing out all the remaining P3 stock, at these prices, and everyone wins (except maybe the other dealers with any left over unsold P3 inventory!)!

Reactions: Pishi3G
Thanks. I've already got three of the W323 birds, but at these prices, another one would have been hard to turn down.:cool: They sure are blowing out all the remaining P3 stock, at these prices, and everyone wins (except maybe the other dealers with any left over unsold P3 inventory!)!

As the range and tx power decreases with each phantom generation those birds will be worth a lot.

Reactions: liketogethigh
That's why I am stocking up! ;)
Might seem like a silly question but I too have the range bug. But it's not over water.....Will any bird/tx combination make any difference to me trying to extend my range with trees and hills around? It won't make a difference, right? I have a bird arriving tomorrow with old motors, don't know about tx.

Might seem like a silly question but I too have the range bug. But it's not over water.....Will any bird/tx combination make any difference to me trying to extend my range with trees and hills around? It won't make a difference, right? I have a bird arriving tomorrow with old motors, don't know about tx.
Define range bug? Be Specific...

As it has been stated before the W323 and the CL300A have the most power and the thus the most range...
However there might be other factors involved with having the older models i.e. more torquey motors and possibly a slightly different shell.
So really you decide what you want. It really depends on your needs. For example GadgetGuy wants and needs much range so the W323 is what he needs and wants.
Me I dont need to go 3 - 5 miles, so a W323B is good for me. I can still get like 3 miles over water but I mostly do range for silly fun. When I shoot things they are always near me etc.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Nothing will really help significantly without clear LOS. Obviously, the more power you start with, the more it can be degraded before total signal loss, but physical obstructions like trees, buildings, and hills between you and your subject can only be surmounted by elevating the aircraft above them to maintain clear unobstructed LOS. The higher you can elevate your launch point, the better. Your rooftop is better than your backyard. The hill top around you is a much better launching point than the valley below. I am fortunate to live in a hill 250 feet above the surrounding area with an unobstructed 270° view, which is ideal.

This is all strange as I have the w323b. But I don't see s problem with range. I can easily go 15k plus with no issues. Even I can go 20k I will be more worried of battery. No matter if the power of motors your battery will not go more than 23-25 mins. So I don't understand why it matters. Someone enlighten me please.

This is all strange as I have the w323b. But I don't see s problem with range. I can easily go 15k plus with no issues. Even I can go 20k I will be more worried of battery. No matter if the power of motors your battery will not go more than 23-25 mins. So I don't understand why it matters. Someone enlighten me please.

Tony, it doesn't matter. Even if one chooses to throw on the windsurfer for the least invasive mod to increase distance, the battery is going to be the issue to worry about. I'm not interested in the battery mod as I have no interest in keeping her in the air while wires and other "unsightly" add ons hang from the bird. Why mess with something that delivers so much more out of the box than any of its competition.

Define range bug? Be Specific...

Sorry for the confusion, I just meant "the itch".... I like to go far.

Nothing will really help significantly without clear LOS. Obviously, the more power you start with, the more it can be degraded before total signal loss, but physical obstructions like trees, buildings, and hills between you and your subject can only be surmounted by elevating the aircraft above them to maintain clear unobstructed LOS. The higher you can elevate your launch point, the better. Your rooftop is better than your backyard. The hill top around you is a much better launching point than the valley below. I am fortunate to live in a hill 250 feet above the surrounding area with an unobstructed 270° view, which is ideal.

Thanks. Basically what I thought I guess. Behind my house is a good sized marsh. I can almost get to the end without losing video. The problem is it never reconnects once it loses video. Very annoying. Do these varying RC signal strengths also affect video?

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I built a small platform that spans the peak of my rooftop. I use the chimney cap as a table and i fly from there.

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I built a small platform that spans the peak of my rooftop. I use the chimney cap as a table and i fly from there.
A man standing on his roof and flying a drone from his chimney seems perfectly normal to me. What's the problem? ;-)

Reactions: JoBe and Tony Cowan
A man standing on his roof and flying a drone from his chimney seems perfectly normal to me. What's the problem? ;-)

Haha. I will only admit this on here but i went up to my roof to do the same but the pitch was too steep and i did not feel safe. Oh well. Haha. I need to install an antenna up there.

Reactions: Oso

I bought the DBS mods antenna to help with range with trees around and it made a huge difference. Read my review of it here:

DBS Mods ITE-DBS02 Antenna for P3P: Results of Signal Penetration Testing

My W323B and GL300C works great as well. Went to 16K stock full signal could have gone a lot more. No complaints here on the W323B. With my DBS mods antenna it works even better, now I have good signal penetration in addition to extreme range.

Norman, can you post a picture of your DBS mods antenna and share some info as to the difficulty, if any with install?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl