P3A/P Dashware profile for for Dat Files

Depends on what the "current working directory" is.
DatConverter -f FLY070.DAT works if CWD contains FLY070.DAT
DatConverter -f FLYLOGS/FLY070.DAT for FLY070.DAT being in the FLYLOGS dir
DatConverter -f ../FLYLOGS/FLY070.DAT for up one level, then down into FLYLOGS dir

YIPPEE !!!!........

You CAN take a horse to water AND make it drink.

I've flipping done it (it took a few attempts of dir mapping but I'm there!)

Now I have an extremely baked brain (its now 23:52 here... & Ive been on the for hours now)

MY FINAL PROJECT for the day is to command where the output csv is filed

THANK YOU !!!

(also, how many more columns of data are there in the original DAT file??.. is there much left to decipher??)

Ok.. I've just got a bit further...

If I am getting "Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Windows\system32\DatConverter.exe"

.....should I create a "new" path variable? (As I have now located "path variables" on my windows 7 laptop

(where I have the opportunity to do the following "New" "Edit" "Delete")

Do you have or did you install the java runtime environment 107 specified in the DatConverter install instructions? That would account for your "Unable to access Jar File error. I didn't, but got it here:

Java SE Runtime Environment 7 - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle

I used the 7u79 Windows x64, worked like a charm!

YIPPEE !!!!........

You CAN take a horse to water AND make it drink.

I've flipping done it (it took a few attempts of dir mapping but I'm there!)

Now I have an extremely baked brain (its now 23:52 here... & Ive been on the for hours now)

MY FINAL PROJECT for the day is to command where the output csv is filed

THANK YOU !!!

(also, how many more columns of data are there in the original DAT file??.. is there much left to decipher??)
Read the "Installation and Usage Guide" to find out out where to tell it to put the .csv

Probably at least 100 more more columns. No way to know as they haven't been discovered

Do you have or did you install the java runtime environment 107 specified in the DatConverter install instructions? That would account for your "Unable to access Jar File error. I didn't, but got it here:

Java SE Runtime Environment 7 - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle

I used the 7u79 Windows x64, worked like a charm!

Well that was a mission...

In my case it was just bad executible location (as im up to date with java anyway)

*MISSION COMPLETE*

Bud,

I have it working now. What I did not do was to convert the DAT file to the CSV file using Fly.zip. I used a different converter as I did not know it had to be Fly.zip Once I used that to do the conversion, the files were converted and viewable in Dashware. Now, if I can get a good tutorial on what is being displayed, I'll be in good shape (I think).

Thanks!

Close Dashware.
And copy again the DatconverterV1.xml only (overwrite it). Part marked in yellow
View attachment 40156

Close the Fly118.csv file you might have open in Excel (or opened in any other program)
Open Dashware, load the template, then click on the + add Fly118.csv and profile DatconverterV1. (it should not be called DatconverterV1(2)) as per your above screenshot.
i.e. follow the video here.

If you still get the same error message load profile as per video in the last screen of the video and make a screenshot of the full screen.

I've been asked by some to post the Dashware profile For the DatConverter.
The Dat converter is a little program that converts the Dat logs stored in the Phantom.
The Datconverter thread:
New version of .DAT converter | DJI Phantom Forum
You can download the latest Dat Converter here (the zip file includes instructions how to convert the logs):
Fly.zip

The Dashware profile can be downloaded here (the zip file inludes instructions how to install the profile):
DatconverterProfile.zip

Here is an example of a converted log using the template in the Dashware profile:
View attachment 38212

Let me know if you have any issues.
Have fun and if you create new gauges do post them!

Super thanks!!!

Read the "Installation and Usage Guide" to find out out where to tell it to put the .csv

Probably at least 100 more more columns. No way to know as they haven't been discovered

Hello sir!

I have noticed on a couple of logs uploaded into dashware that the battery % starts showing numbers in the 1'000's?

Have you seen this yourself?

... Also, is there a way to lay the co-ordinates / flight path over a google map (for example)

& finally!... Are you interested (or maybe you already know!) to build a better knowledge base to help decipher meanings of the "tlo" texts

Hello sir!

I have noticed on a couple of logs uploaded into dashware that the battery % starts showing numbers in the 1'000's?

I haven't. Do you know the problem is in the .csv or the Dashware rendering? That percentage is computed by Dashware from values in the .csv

... Also, is there a way to lay the co-ordinates / flight path over a google map (for example)

Try DatKML. It's in the Fly.zip that you downloaded, unzipped, and installed DatConverter. It takes the -f and -d arguments.

& finally!... Are you interested (or maybe you already know!) to build a better knowledge base to help decipher meanings of the "tlo" texts

Presently, the text log is used to populate the Home Point coordinates, flightMode, flightRegime, and navMode columns. These modes could use some improvement. If you've looked in the text log you can see there is a lot more information. The next version attaches a time to the text log output to make it easy to cross ref the .csv. You can specify -tlo csv and have it show up in the .csv. If you've got idea(s) about extracting and presenting the info I'm all ears.

Cutting in here...

I just wanted to mention the Litchi log shows battery percentage. And since Dashware allows more than one data file, you could use the Litchi data as well as the DJI data and get your battery percentage that way.

Hope this helps

Hello sir!

No I haven't. But I do not know whether you are using the template included in the profile which should indicate battery% correctly.

In any case Dashware has calculators you can use to do simple maths and output to a new column.
When converting a Dat file using Budwalker's converter to a csv file you will have following two columns which you can see in excel:
ratedCapacity remaingCapacity
And Battery % = remaingCapacity divided by ratedCapacity * 100
(and I compared the calculated battery % to Lithchi logs and txt logs and they match)

In Dashware you need to create two calculators:
1st calculator where
remaingCapacity divided by ratedCapacity = a name you create (in my case battery%) = Output value.
2nd calculator
battery% (output value above) x 100 = a new name you create (in my case batteryx100%)
Then you should add a Column mapping where you map the calculated name batteryx100% to Datconverter Battery%.
Now Dashware knows that Battery% = batteryx100%
Check the video out - it seems complicated but once you understand the principle of how Dashware maps data its all easy stuff.

Cutting in here...

I just wanted to mention the Litchi log shows battery percentage. And since Dashware allows more than one data file, you could use the Litchi data as well as the DJI data and get your battery percentage that way.

Hope this helps

Bringing in a Litchi log and synching for battery% is really overkill as creating a calculated battery % column in Dashware is only required once as per my above.

However Litchi has two columns that are not found in Dat converted files:
downlinkSignalQuality uplinkSignalQuality - so synching Litchi would prove useful.
Maybe Budwalker will find these in the Dat files.

Just now getting this all setup with all of your help....just wanted to say thanks to you... this is a great tool to have and play with....

Sorry if this has been asked before, but where are you all getting the Phantom gauges from? Can't seem to find them anywhere? Thanks for any help you can give me.

EXTREMELY USEFUL !
Thank you very much to Bud and all others who made this possible.

This is da BOMB ! :D

I haven't. Do you know the problem is in the .csv or the Dashware rendering? That percentage is computed by Dashware from values in the .csv

Hi,

It appears to be the dashware I guess (the csv figures look ok) but I've noticed for some flights that the % figure on dashware goes off the scale! (The figure appears to start ok though?!)

(Maybe it's in certain situations or something?.. I'm trying to decipher what is cuasing it - as the figures in the csv are Dec consistent / make sense etc??)

No I haven't. But I do not know whether you are using the template included in the profile which should indicate battery% correctly.

In any case Dashware has calculators you can use to do simple maths and output to a new column.
When converting a Dat file using Budwalker's converter to a csv file you will have following two columns which you can see in excel:
ratedCapacity remaingCapacity
And Battery % = remaingCapacity divided by ratedCapacity * 100
(and I compared the calculated battery % to Lithchi logs and txt logs and they match)

In Dashware you need to create two calculators:
1st calculator where
remaingCapacity divided by ratedCapacity = a name you create (in my case battery%) = Output value.
2nd calculator
battery% (output value above) x 100 = a new name you create (in my case batteryx100%)
Then you should add a Column mapping where you map the calculated name batteryx100% to Datconverter Battery%.
Now Dashware knows that Battery% = batteryx100%
Check the video out - it seems complicated but once you understand the principle of how Dashware maps data its all easy stuff.

Thanks!

I will look into this - understand about mapping data etc (worked on databases & csv outputs for years in my old jobs)

... I just need to learn the dashware language / computation of calcs etc now :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl