Digital Assistant 2 Woes

Reaction score
Have you guys used DJI's Digital Assistant 2 to download DAT files? OMG! What a lame app (I'm trying to be nice here). Where do I begin?

1. When I copy a DAT file it changes the file name from the original flight date to TODAY'S DATE! What's that all about?
2. When I download 3 files at once, as it invites you to do, the copy is only 1 file, and it's not a zip file, it's just ONE DAT file! Makes no sense to me. So I reverted to downloading one at a time.
3. When you copy files to a folder with other DAT files already saved in the folder, you can't see those other DAT files when you select the folder. It's like they aren't there, however after you saved the new DAT file to the folder that looks empty, when you're done saving, all the original files and the new file do appear when viewing with Explorer.
4. The app intermittently loses connection sometimes in the middle of a file transfer, and it's connected directly to my PC with a USB cable. How do you lose connection? It's not the cable, I tried two. This ruins the transfer when this happens. Flakey comes to mind.
5. When I originally loaded Digital Assistant 2 app onto my PC, I loaded it on my primary USER account, like I do with all my applications (a security measure). However, when I boot the Digital Assistant 2 application, it ALWAYS requires me to sign in as ADMINISTRATOR. Why is that? As a result, all copied DAT files can only be saved in ADMINISTRATOR folders, where I have NO APPLICATIONS, which is useless to me. So to use the files I have to actually copy them to a USB drive as ADMINISTRATOR, switch accounts and copy from the USB to my main USER account where I have applications to use the files. Took me a while to figure that out and I can't find any way around this nonsense, other than loading all my application on the ADMIN account also, a second time, just to use with Digital Assistant 2. That's ridiculous, I'm not doing that.

Is everyone else noticing this craziness with Digital Assistant 2?

And don't get me started on calibrating the OA sensors using this same app, that's also crazy difficult to complete. Dumb, really Dumb app.

I love my Phantom 3P, and I'm wanting to love my Phantom 4, but sometimes DJI just drives me nuts. All of this hassle above was experience during my effort to simply prove to DJI I have a serious 50' YOYO effect in my P4, which I've written about in another thread.

Last edited:
After exchanging my P4 a few months ago I figured I'd try calibrating the sensors since my craft is giving false elevation data, showing 50' when I return from a flight, but it's only 10' off the ground. Since sonar measures elevation below 30' I doubt if it has anything to do with the down-facing camera calibration, but I thought I'd try anyway. I already tried recalibrating the IMU, but no joy.

Since I had such a bad experience calibrating with Digital Assistant on my Windows PC with 27" monitor I thought I try my 27" iMac this time. Another member in this forum said that MacOS version of Digital Assistant 2 works better than Windows. However I'm at a dead end, it won't calibrate. After loading the MacOS drivers and app, I launched the app, connected with the P4 succesfully, then clicked calibrate. However I got an error message. It says the screen resolution isn't correct and to set it to the recommended "Windows" resolution. What? Windows? What does Windows have to do with MacOS? I'm perplexed why this doesn't just work. It doesn't say what resolution to use, and my iMac resolution is pristine resolution, using the standard setting from Apple because it's their "all-in-one" monitor and computer. It seems the MacOS version of DA is as flawed as the Windows version, but in a different way.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Has anyone else seen this?

Update. I noticed DJI has released a new Digital Assistant version 1.04 for Windows since the last time I use it. So I installed that on my PC and it worked good. So right now I'd say the Windows version works for sensor calibration but the MacOS version does not. BTW, my iMac has the latest OS, maybe DJI's MacOS app isn't compatible with the latest OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20