P3A FW update

Reaction score
While my 3rd flight was great, I've noticed that my FW is like 1.11 or something low like that so I'm pretty sure I gotta update it. My question is if I have a spare micro SD card, should I just format that and use it or put it on the card that came with it? I've never done this yet and I wanna know which is easier. The last thing I wanna do is brick my P3A.

While my 3rd flight was great, I've noticed that my FW is like 1.11 or something low like that so I'm pretty sure I gotta update it. My question is if I have a spare micro SD card, should I just format that and use it or put it on the card that came with it? I've never done this yet and I wanna know which is easier. The last thing I wanna do is brick my P3A.

Hello Grimfever, go here for FW update. Some pilots don't recommend upgrading do to bugs in the new FW. Up to you.:)

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

While the latest firmware won't brick your P3, there have been a number of annoying glitches with it and DJI are (we hope) bringing out a replacement soon.
If your P3 is flying fine, it's probably better to just leave it for now.

I just updated to 1.2.6 for the PV3P, it did not go very well. The P3 firmware went as predicted completed with success. The RC is not updating errors out the led never turns blue indicating the firmware routine has started, Tried both ways to update still no luck. I reported this to support at dji and they suggest I send it back for repairs. I am very reluctant to send it back I think if I had a newer firmware version I could get it to work. From articles I have read you can't downgrade the firmware you can only update. Don't rush out and change it.

I just updated to 1.2.6 for the PV3P, it did not go very well. The P3 firmware went as predicted completed with success. The RC is not updating errors out the led never turns blue indicating the firmware routine has started, Tried both ways to update still no luck. I reported this to support at dji and they suggest I send it back for repairs. I am very reluctant to send it back I think if I had a newer firmware version I could get it to work. From articles I have read you can't downgrade the firmware you can only update. Don't rush out and change it.
It will fly without the upgrade on the controller according to other posts on the forum

Not very logical them asking you to send it back for issues like this. It would really make there life easier if the platform was opened up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl