P3A - Remote and Drone won't connect?

Reaction score
It has been years since I've used my P3A, but it has been extremely well taken care of and it doesn't have a scratch on it. I thought I would break it out just to upgrade all the firmware and make sure all was good, but I've run into a problem.

I charged all the batteries completely and then turned the drone and RC on. It did initially make a connection and I could see through the camera, but I was getting a warning that my RC needed to have the firmware upgraded. No surprise since it had been sitting for so long. I did the upgrade as instructed, but then it wouldn't connect to the drone. I assumed at this point this was because the drone's firmware was out of date. So, I went to DJI's web site and pulled up the latest BIN file. I copied the BIN file to my SD card and powered up my drone. It completed the update and checked the log file on the SD card to make sure. It said the update was complete to version 1.11. I think that is the latest version since it was the only one to choose from on DJI's web site.

However, the drone and RC still won't connect. I've tried reflashing the firmware on the drone and that hasn't helped. I tried downgrading the firmware on the drone, but the log file says it can't do so because this version doesn't allow for downgrading? Not sure what to attempt at this point. Any recommendations are appreciated.

It has been years since I've used my P3A, but it has been extremely well taken care of and it doesn't have a scratch on it. I thought I would break it out just to upgrade all the firmware and make sure all was good, but I've run into a problem.

I charged all the batteries completely and then turned the drone and RC on. It did initially make a connection and I could see through the camera, but I was getting a warning that my RC needed to have the firmware upgraded. No surprise since it had been sitting for so long. I did the upgrade as instructed, but then it wouldn't connect to the drone. I assumed at this point this was because the drone's firmware was out of date. So, I went to DJI's web site and pulled up the latest BIN file. I copied the BIN file to my SD card and powered up my drone. It completed the update and checked the log file on the SD card to make sure. It said the update was complete to version 1.11. I think that is the latest version since it was the only one to choose from on DJI's web site.

However, the drone and RC still won't connect. I've tried reflashing the firmware on the drone and that hasn't helped. I tried downgrading the firmware on the drone, but the log file says it can't do so because this version doesn't allow for downgrading? Not sure what to attempt at this point. Any recommendations are appreciated.
Did you try binding RC/drone again? When you downgraded did you also use a debug file together with the bin file? If you can't find the answer to your question here, there's a group for Phantom Advanced and Professionals drone group; DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced Owners Only | Facebook

Reactions: dirtbird

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl