Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 travel

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by sh4mar, Jul 28, 2015.

1. sh4mar

Today i travelled with my p3a inside my tennis bag and tucked it with clothes and socks. It survived the long flight and was checked as priority so it was handled with care. So relieved

2. bobmyers

With the batteries? I didn't think you were supposed to check luggage with lipos? I could be wrong-- just asking.

3. sh4mar

Well the batt was inside as well

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

bobmyers likes this.
  5. BigKenny

Personally I would not recommend checking a P3 packed like this! If you get random checked, I don't think they will handle it gently or repack it as good! Glad it made it ok but I would reconsider doing this again!!!

6. acherman

I travelled to Hawaii from Canada last year with my home built hex, ~28" diameter (haven't flown it this year), folded and in a long Pelican case. I think I had six 4S 5800 LiPo's in with it. Didn't have a problem at all. I actually thought I would get hassled if I was carrying them since they kinda look like dynamite with the leads hanging off one end. Haha Everything made it there and back with no problems.

7. sh4mar

Defiantly not i had it a week and didnt have a case so that was all it could fit in

8. AirApparent

I would have been a nervous wreck. Good for you. Those baggage handlers are terrible and plenty of thefts occur at their hands. Glad it worked out.