P3 now has new motors, Panasonic SD Card, what else??

Anyone with a p3 pro that came with the new motors. I only hear people with p3. Advanced having new motors

Mine is the advanced bought in September and has the new motors.

Minutes? Yes dream... This new motors at best can give you 30 seconds more, I doubt is much more than that...

Even them any flightime improvement is very welcome.
I've been getting 2.5 more minutes per flight. Using same battery for these tests

There is a lot less heat coming from motors as well.

The bad side is I'm having weak RC signals on start up if I don't wait a bit to start the RC after the bird. As well as a weird sound coming from it before I even start the motors up.

I highly suggest if you have a perfectly good working P3 not to risk exchanging for a new one with new motors. Only reason I did was because Amazon sent me a really old model with cracks already in it(99% sure it was used). I just spent it back Monday and received my new one yesterday direct from DJI.

If you order direct from DJI in the states you should get it 7-10 days from order time. It took them about 5 days before they even processed payment and then it shipped a day after that

I just purchased a DJI Phantom 3 ADV in Canada, after reading this I am not sure if I should keep the unit. I am not sure what engines are in it? If I open the box apparently the unit is mine, as for now I can return(I still haven't opened the box). I asked the seller in this case Staples, if I could look then return, they said No. Is it worth buying from a different retailer to confirm new engines? or is this over blown concern?

I just purchased a DJI Phantom 3 ADV in Canada, after reading this I am not sure if I should keep the unit. I am not sure what engines are in it? If I open the box apparently the unit is mine, as for now I can return(I still haven't opened the box). I asked the seller in this case Staples, if I could look then return, they said No. Is it worth buying from a different retailer to confirm new engines? or is this over blown concern?
take a pic of the box and post it. kind of over blown kind of not.. potentially could save you a headache down the road but then again the newer engines havent been out long enough so for all anyone knows there could be an issue with them as well

Take a picture of the box and the information and bar code side of the box and I will check it against mine. Mine is a advanced with new shell and new motors.

If the box says W322A on the side also. It's the newer model. I bought mine of amazon.CA over a month ago and it was the newer one.

Here is what is on my box.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445196616.849485.jpg

The sticker to the right or left of that and then just to the right odbDJI it will say w332 or w332a
Mine is w322a. Phantom advanced,new shell and motor type.

I Got the metal tool with my P3A. I did not use it to install the props. After I got my hard carry case, I had to take the props off after 10 flights to get the P3 in the case. I was surprised at how easy the props were to unscrew off the motors. Concerned me! Now I use the metal tool to install the props every time.
When the P3 is powered up, the motors spin up for an instant, twice every time, like blipping the throttle. I have never heard any one report on this, but I'll bet it's to tighten the props.
But due to aggressive control input by ether the operator or the machine itself, as when it decelerates, props can loosen.

I'm gonna try to revive my question. Is there a way to determine the production date i.e month, year from the date code sticker on the box. Or any other way?

If the box says W322A on the side also. It's the newer model. I bought mine of amazon.CA over a month ago and it was the newer one.
This is not true in my case. I have a P3P that does not have any mention of W322A on the box and it has the new motors.
It does have W322A on the sticker on the P3P though.

Way overblown and threads like this are unnecessarily scaring owners.
There is no evidence at all for theories that there is any problem with the earlier motors.
I've had about 200 flights on mine with no issues at all. No sign of cracks. Just perfect flights, the same as many other owners.
Whatever motors your Phantom has, it's going to fly beautifully.

Reactions: Fourprops
I Got the metal tool with my P3A. I did not use it to install the props. After I got my hard carry case, I had to take the props off after 10 flights to get the P3 in the case. I was surprised at how easy the props were to unscrew off the motors. Concerned me! Now I use the metal tool to install the props every time.
When the P3 is powered up, the motors spin up for an instant, twice every time, like blipping the throttle. I have never heard any one report on this, but I'll bet it's to tighten the props.
But due to aggressive control input by ether the operator or the machine itself, as when it decelerates, props can loosen.
DON'T use the wrench to tighten your props. It is only to be used for removing stubborn props after a crash etc.
DJI put a lot of effort into designing the composite hubs for P3 props.
They have more "sticky" threads than the conventional metal threads of earlier Phantoms specially to deal with dynamic braking.
No reports of props loosening in flight have come to light but you risk stripping threads by overtightening.
Just finger tight is all the P3 needs.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl