P3 now has new motors, Panasonic SD Card, what else??

I thought some of the rumors where that they changed the motors to fix the cracking issue. Not a 100% on that but thats what some are saying on RCGroups.

I thought some of the rumors where that they changed the motors to fix the cracking issue. Not a 100% on that but thats what some are saying on RCGroups.

Not at all.. it's just part of the 305e motor system.. makes more sense to only make 1 motor type than 2 for the same class.

Progression

Ok, so you are just guessing.

Who is saying "significant" ? I would not claim that 7% or 1½ minute is significant in this context.

I would not call 1216 g vs. 1280 g "much" lighter. That is a 5% diff...

Of course will a more efficient motor consume less energy for the same job. That is what efficiency means in this context.
In case of a small drone like phantom 60g are not bad and your forget that lightbridge and vps need more power as well. You can tell how fast the battery drops on the ground. That is why the standard has 2 minutes more.

For the record, I just received a brand new P3 advanced today and it has the new Panasonic SD card. Not sure how to tell if the motors are the new model? Ive never owned a phantom before.

For the record, I just received a brand new P3 advanced today and it has the new Panasonic SD card. Not sure how to tell if the motors are the new model? Ive never owned a phantom before.
If you have the white plastic motor clamp than you have the newer revision, old was from sheet metal. The old motors had harsh edges when you look at that "star" from above, the new ones are rounded with no edges.

If you have the white plastic motor clamp than you have the newer revision, old was from sheet metal. The old motors had harsh edges when you look at that "star" from above, the new ones are rounded with no edges.

Ah ok, I still have the old motors then

This is called progress and happens with all kind of items, machines, cars. At the beginning a supply chain is established, but as time progresses the suppliers are not standing still and improve on their item. Eventually a part (in this case the motor) is replaced by a newer model. It is the same with machinery I used to work with. It is always important to lnow the serial number, so the manufacturer would know what components went into that particular machine (drone, car, telefone, laptop ....) as it changes often.
Nothing to be concerned about. All the "old" ones are working well and will not stop doing so.

What tool? I hand tighten the props?
IoXgRf7.png

?? That didn't come with my Phantom 3 Pro. I went back to the package, looked again, saw the replacement damping absorbers and the "remove me" foam thing for the gimbal, but no wrench. Maybe I am ignorant but I spun the rotor blades onto the color coded motors and hand tightened. Or is this an aftermarket thing like the Torx drivers I know I may need? Sorry I am a newcomer here...

This was in my P3P kit.
I think the tool is mostly for removing the props, not tightening them.

Hmmmmm... Back to the box with my Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass. Too bad my 5 day old P3A has the old motors. Oh well, this is a learning aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20