P3 now has new motors, Panasonic SD Card, what else??

Joeyjoe,

Would you mind posting a picture of all the box stickers of your p3 pro..you can hide your serial number.
I wasn't even aware that the pro had a number assigned to it. If you confirm that the pro box indeed says 323A then that might be another way of telling if it's a newer model..I would really appreciate it.

I was in the attic today and double checked my box. Not sure how I missed it but there is a sticker that has W323A on it and I have the new motors.

w323a.jpg

For those interested, I got a P3P with new motors and plastic casing (in EU). On the sticker on the right on the box it now says P3P0421221111131. It's a W323A GL300B as well. P3P0421221111131 seems to be the latest model number.

How can I upgrade to the motors? Would I have to pay for it or is it covered under warranty or something?

That explains why when I tried a 128Gb card my P3 couldnt even lift off... TY for the insite

****!!! And all this time I was wondering why my p3p was not working at all. I wanted to take 2 videos so I put 2x 64gb cards in the slot!!! :confused:

So photos are starting to appear on some changes to the latest batch of P3's, the biggest being they now have the newer 2312E motors.

2312E motor represents a significant
upgrade over the previous 2312 model. The optimized electro-magnetic system boosts efficiency
by nearly 7% and lowers cogging torque, which provides noticeably smoother performance at low RPMs.
A newly designed motor base not only provides better heat dissipation, but also a more advanced, hi-tech look.
Its a more stable motor their support says on the FB support forum

Interesting, I was instructed to tighten the props by hand to snug them by the DJI rep doing a demonstration at a Drone shop. The reason is the new braking feature that can brake a motor in flight, while these are tightened under load, we were told braking can spin the props off in-flight leading to some very undesirable results!

about new motors

it's true that lower kv will produce less heat and more efficient and the impact is with longer flightime, can use bigger props and less stress to the batts, that is the pro
but how much? that is the questions

con:
1. lower thust produced,
2. with same size props power or throttle needed to take of and hover add more
3. to match same power or throttle needed to take off with higher kv, it will need bigger props with lower kv motors
4. maximum speed will less with lower kv (well since dji limiting the speed, it's no use anyway)

every motors have some pro and cons
it depends on how you fly the quad, higher kv can produce less heat by fly around
if you fly agresively well ofcourse flightime will be sacrificed wheter in high kv or lower kv

and also i dont believe with someone (especially newbie) claimed that this, and that, and what if, what so ever, etc. Since there are so many newbies with P3 and make such a wuss about something
in this case longer flightime? well prove it with a video, picture will tell definetly, no need fly the old ones, just fly the newer motors and count the duration.

i can say this because i have some experience with own assembled 450, 500, 550, 650, 690, 250 quads and hexas with many different KV and size
it's abit what you called experiment

Last edited:
Reactions: gppms

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl