Over 2 miles with a cheap 5.8ghz 14dbi panel!!!

Hope yours comes with correct SMA connector ... mine arrived with MALE end to it ... so now I need a FEMALE to FEMALE adaptor.

Nigel

Please give feedback....can you give some details on installation? Did you drill the bird?

Please give feedback....can you give some details on installation? Did you drill the bird?

This is for the remote.

It's basically this:

But using a more powerful antenna in the middle instead of the dual band Alfa panel. The side two (the small 2.4ghz ones) would remain the same as this video.

It's Amazon, so I would just send it right back.

So you did try this one? How'd it go?

As I said - I am waiting the adaptor.

Its same problem as my Booster for 5.8 ... male connector.

To be honest - my Argtek basic two panels + Omni centre give me over 2000m so anything else is really icing on the cake.

Nigel

As I said - I am waiting the adaptor.

Its same problem as my Booster for 5.8 ... male connector.

To be honest - my Argtek basic two panels + Omni centre give me over 2000m so anything else is really icing on the cake.

Nigel
Nigel, I know what you mean. I now have an assortment of adapters but I don't like dealing with them. They make an otherwise nice tight fit loose and too long.

My idea is to mount the boosters with antennas for 5.8 and 2.4 on the tray I have for the RC. The RC will just use the base Argtek mount and then flexi tails screwed which then connect the powered boosters.
The tablet will be mounted on the tray rails where neck strap connects.

The idea is to remove all that top weight to the tray and have the RC as simple as possible.

Here is trial placement (I haven't removed my tablet holder yet) ...

Nigel

Reactions: Matts175
This is for the remote.

It's basically this:

But using a more powerful antenna in the middle instead of the dual band Alfa panel. The side two (the small 2.4ghz ones) would remain the same as this video.
...thank you Nigel you couldn't more precise and exhaustive...

Well... sorry folks.... no test reports today. This is what it's like outside and it's actually supposed to get worse. The antenna is "out for delivery" I guess when it arrives, I can stare at it.

Capture.PNG

wind shimd.....

we have 60mph gusts today..... i wanted so bad to take one up just to see it flutter.....

I actually used better judgement somehow stayed at work......

OK. It all showed up. But still:

Capture.PNG

A few pics of how it looks. Kind of big, but not nearly as big as 3x Alfa dual band panels were.

Attachments

• Alfa14dbi.jpg
    Alfa14dbi.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 607
  • connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 588
  • alfaside.jpg
    alfaside.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 621

Members online

Forum statistics