Over 2 miles with a cheap 5.8ghz 14dbi panel!!!

When you guys set off on these distance runs do you disable the low battery warning? Mine would land if it got to 30% let alone 9

I did two miles today, scooted around on the way back and still had 25%+ left. Stock P3p. It was a rush. Pushed one Mile yesterday and went fir it today. Mine started beeping and I canceled the warning (at 50%). Never did it agian but I was heading back already.

Reactions: KayJay
Can't seem to find info but can someone explain what the 3 antennas in the control do. I know there are both wifi and 5.8ghz antennas on the control but which is which?

Can't seem to find info but can someone explain what the 3 antennas in the control do. I know there are both wifi and 5.8ghz antennas on the control but which is which?
The single external 'whip' antenna is 5.8GHz and is for control, the 2 internal 'patch' antenna are 2.4GHz and are for video and telemetry.

Reactions: KayJay
The single external 'whip' antenna is 5.8GHz and is for control, the 2 internal 'patch' antenna are 2.4GHz and are for video and telemetry.

Cool so 5.8 is Tx and 2.4is Rx, I want to do the mod only using panels of my choice

I ask as I do a lot of close by flying and I'm getting interfearance and poor range, wondering if I can use the and Omni and panel for wifi and an Omni or panel for 5.8 if I want to extend it a bit

I ask as I do a lot of close by flying and I'm getting interfearance and poor range, wondering if I can use the and Omni and panel for wifi and an Omni or panel for 5.8 if I want to extend it a bit
What kind of interference? What kind of distances are you getting? What kind of environment are you flying in?

I I've in a farming area and was 30m up 20m away today and I was being warned strong interference and not to fly out far, other times I'm getting low signal at 120m, never had it Rth or loose control but sucks when it happens

I I've in a farming area and was 30m up 20m away today and I was being warned strong interference and not to fly out far, other times I'm getting low signal at 120m, never had it Rth or loose control but sucks when it happens
There are either some very strong wifi signals nearby or there is something wrong with your AC or RC. What version firmware & app are you on?

Latest I think on the firmware and it was a school, next flight I will head to the coast and try again. Could be the school has some crazy wifi link

When you guys set off on these distance runs do you disable the low battery warning? Mine would land if it got to 30% let alone 9

I have my warnings set at stock. At that distance though.... it kicked in at 54% (the warning). I'm glad I listened though. I could only hit 21 mph on the return. She was fighting the wind.

I'm still amazed though that even at that distance, I still had lag free video.

A stronger signal can help to overcome local interference with your RC control signal ... BUT, it would seem, at least if you are flying in the USA, that the LOS (line of sight) restriction would make flying beyond several hundred yards a mute point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl