Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I assume this is a one way trip, how do you land it? just autoland? and hope it doesn't hit a bush or something?

No one-way trip, this was round trip. Out to 50k and then back. Autoland did kick in about 4k out, but i landed (at home point) with 4% battery.

My flight DAT logs show all of this, but looks like it failed to record home point :( This screen cap is the best i have, from this video when i was flying. I wanted video proof that i hit 50k with windsurfers, as I think thats unheard of. But, not sure why ALL of my logs crapped out :/

wait a minute, you went almost 20 miles total on battery and battery mod, how is this even possible? I thought the battery mod only gave an extra 7-10 minutes.

wait a minute, you went almost 20 miles total on battery and battery mod, how is this even possible? I thought the battery mod only gave an extra 7-10 minutes.

Yes, totally did! And all of the other long distance flyers as well. To show not a fluke, I did 46k and back on Saturday. Here's the healthydrones log for that: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

upload_2016-8-29_13-53-41.png

To go that far, you need a big *** battery. I get 18mins from stock battery and about 16+ minutes from the external battery. Today's flight looked to be 34mins total. The smaller batteries give ya 7-10minutes, the big ones go much further. batteries like these:

Kwv7bAK.png

ahhh ok !! so you get about 35 minutes or so.

I went 3 miles, 6 miles total and barely made it back, still only about 35k feet TOTAL distance, you guys are doing more then DOUBLE that. much more.

Are there different motors?

Reactions: Digdat0
No one-way trip, this was round trip. Out to 50k and then back. Autoland did kick in about 4k out, but i landed (at home point) with 4% battery.

My flight DAT logs show all of this, but looks like it failed to record home point :( This screen cap is the best i have, from this video when i was flying. I wanted video proof that i hit 50k with windsurfers, as I think thats unheard of. But, not sure why ALL of my logs crapped out :/

Hi there Dig. I was watching one of your videos and I notice that when you lose video signal you still have video on your tablet. That is strange because when I lose video signal I have no video on my tablet. And some times it will go in to RTH. I think you have a special P3, and you are lucky to get the range you get.
I am amazed, and I want you to lone me that special P3 ,so I can see what is wrong with it.
I am sure I can fix it fore you. And you wont need toughs extra batters any more. ;) I can fix it to only fly like all the other P3s. Witch is about 6,000ft. One time offer.

ahhh ok !! so you get about 35 minutes or so.

I went 3 miles, 6 miles total and barely made it back, still only about 35k feet TOTAL distance, you guys are doing more then DOUBLE that. much more.

Are there different motors?
Yes there are, but all ya need are more batteries. Check out the dual battery mod thread, you may enjoy! Dual Battery Mod

Well gentleman (and ladies, if there are ladies here), this morning i hit the 50k mark on windsurfers. Sadly, DJI Go crapped out and my screen recorder stopped recording at 42k :/ BUT!!! Because its 50k on windsurfers, i did a little video on my cell to capture the 50k rollover moment. This is a screen cap, its the best proof i have until i can figure out where the flight log is, or why the screen recorder stopped recording. Total flight was 34mins, landed at 4% battery.

I'll try and get the log, if this doesn't work though, I'll do it again! Hope ya'll know I'm trustworthy!

f8Yrdo2.png

(anyone know how to fix video which stopped/froze 15mins in? )
50k awesome 34 mins even better good flite Dig!

Just thought Id share, I went 3.2 miles out last night. It was the most nerve racking experience.
Boosted Maxxantenna still full signal at that distance, headed out at almost 40mph and when I hit 3miles figured I'd turn around. Scary thing, my battery line that tells me when to return already passed that point warning me I'm not going to make it. What was worse, my return trip was only 16-18mph as I forgot the wind was in my face. freaking out had a friend already in his car ready to retrieve the drone, I got to 20% battery and still wasn't close to home about a mile.
Thankfully I remembered to switch to atti mode and once I did I went from 18mph to about 23-24mph. It was enough to get me home.

Healthdrones says my signal score was at 23 @ the furthers point, 16,500 ft or something, same signal score I had @ 500 feet, lol. I don't think I'll be trying anymore distant runs, I'm in a very congested area so 3 miles is a huge success IMO. Over flat ground I could only image how far this thing will go.

As for the boosters, I wrote a nice thankyou to Jacob at Maxxuav, after a lot of failures with the equipment, jacob was determined to fix it and after installing new internal cables and him sending me his personal setup, its working awesome! penetration, going through trees is what I really got it for and its great!
just thought I'd share :) So do I battery mod or not? lol
Good flite!! yes do the battery mod flying for 30 mins each battery! Is worth it.IMO do the mod to the quad it self.i had 6 battery mods I then switched it to the main board mod much better!why coz if you purchase a Dji batt and do the mod find out that the battery is faulty you can send it back!

Last edited:
Hi there Dig. I was watching one of your videos and I notice that when you lose video signal you still have video on your tablet. That is strange because when I lose video signal I have no video on my tablet. And some times it will go in to RTH. I think you have a special P3, and you are lucky to get the range you get.
I am amazed, and I want you to lone me that special P3 ,so I can see what is wrong with it.
I am sure I can fix it fore you. And you wont need toughs extra batters any more. ;) I can fix it to only fly like all the other P3s. Witch is about 6,000ft. One time offer.

hey maxwell - thanks man! i think its the transmitter (B) to be honest. I bought a used p3p off of the forums here as a backup and i've been alternating between it and my first p3p and both have similar results. i thinking it has to be the remote (or magic windsurfers, like Jack and his beans).

I'usually never hit 'no signal', it just gets worse and 'flickers' almost like a TV running off rabbit ears. I realized that the recorded/cached video on the tablet in the /DJI/dji.pilot/DJI_RECORD/ folder is the video being sent to the tablet recorded, not video straight from the camera. So it will show the reception issues .. even if i don't screencap i can go back and see what it looks like. Just did on this 50k run, and its pretty bad, but reception is there! You should look and see what those video's look like. If its viewable, it might be your tablet or settings, not the signal. I also stopped using the 32 channel hack, went back to stock/auto and am super happy.

i'll post the video of the 50k screen recording when youtube is done uploading.

hey maxwell, check out this video. this was the 50k run where dji go recorded the video signal. i 'turn' at 16:51, video is pretty rough. i would though no signal was inevitable but, rc had full signal :)

Last edited:
hey maxwell, check out this video. this was the 50k run where dji go recorded the video signal. i 'turn' at 16:51, video is pretty rough. i would though no signal was inevitable but, rc had full signal :)

Hi there Dig,
So, based on the fact you had full signal, and if hypothetically you could add more battery power, how far do you think you can go?

Im having a hard time getting DJI Go to save these flight logs, here's a screen cap i took from 50k this morning. 50,266ft, windsurfers, battery mod.

ATo1yuP.png

Dud do you live in the Bermuda triangle area??
You just cant keep braking the laws of physics.
Some men in black suites are on there way there. And if I was you I would keep my mouth shut. Play dumb. Good luck.

Alright Maxwell, i officially offer ya to fly / drive up to Oregon to visit and fly together at the windsurfer ally. You can stay in my son's room, he's excited to have an ex-army guy to ask 1 million questions. Lets get this done before October, that's when the rain comes :)

Alright Maxwell, i officially offer ya to fly / drive up to Oregon to visit and fly together at the windsurfer ally. You can stay in my son's room, he's excited to have an ex-army guy to ask 1 million questions. Lets get this done before October, that's when the rain comes :)

I got a vacation coming up end of September, but I hope to be fishing. The bull reds start there spawn soon. I hope to get some fishing shots with the P3.
Good flying to you. And tell your son my stores are boring.:)

New personal record this morning. The wind started picking up on the way out, so I decided to bring it back since this was my first true long run with the battery mod. Average Wind Speed 15.8 mph, Max Gust Speed 19.3 mph.
Looks like I have some more distance in the future if I get out early before the wind!
Aircraft averaged about 35 mph on the way out, 25 mph on the way back.

Max Distance 26,550 ft (4.67 mi.) - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod

2016-09-05_8-52-41.jpg IMG_0119.PNG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka