Official P3 Range Leaderboard

39:12 @ 15% is awesome. You left a lot on the table man! Congrats! You have got a great combination there.
Thanks man. I know when I left I had a cross wind and flew about 33mph average so I thought it would help me on the way back but at the return I was traveling at an average speed of 26-27mph which was very scary. I can't wait to see what it will do with the right wind conditions.

Reactions: Digdat0
Thanks man. I know when I left I had a cross wind and flew about 33mph average so I thought it would help me on the way back but at the return I was traveling at an average speed of 26-27mph which was very scary. I can't wait to see what it will do with the right wind conditions.

Yeah that's a bad feeling when you turn around and aren't seeing the speeds you were expecting. Have had that happen a bunch of times. You still had plenty of juice though which is remarkable. Looks like dual 4000s and maybe the KDE motors are working for you. Which KDEs did you use? Is your P3A a new or old motors bird?

image.png
Yeah that's a bad feeling when you turn around and aren't seeing the speeds you were expecting. Have had that happen a bunch of times. You still had plenty of juice though which is remarkable. Looks like dual 4000s and maybe the KDE motors are working for you. Which KDEs did you use? Is your P3A a new or old motors bird?
It's the new motors so there was a little bit of alterations but they worked perfect.

Reactions: Ed209
Thanks, I've considered these but balked due to a few bad reviews. Did you do any testing before/after using the same battery combo?
Yes I used the Zippy Compact 22s as a base battery and consistently got 3 min better ( a few time variations here and there) one thing I made absolutely sure was that the motor shaft was not rubbing the shell creating friction. I told this to one of the guys that claimed he lost 6 minutes of flight time and now he just did a 36 minute hover using the MultiStar 5200 LiHV so I don't know but maybe this was the problem for all the others

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yes I used the Zippy Compact 22s as a base battery and consistently got 3 min better ( a few time variations here and there) one thing I made absolutely sure was that the motor shaft was not rubbing the shell creating friction. I told this to one of the guys that claimed he lost 6 minutes of flight time and now he just did a 36 minute hover using the MultiStar 5200 LiHV so I don't know but maybe this was the problem for all the others

Reactions: Ed209

Ah makes sense. I'm surprised nobody noticed that rubbing if that was the cause of poor performance. So you just sanded or dremeled out some of the inside of the motor cutouts on the shell?

No those stayed the same just the middle needed to be trimmed
Thanks. I see the install guide where they laid it out. I might have to give these a shot. +3mins is a lot of distance that you can cover :) Thanks for the info and congrats again :)

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94