Official P3 Range Leaderboard

back from vacation, new batteries and new PR of 41,307 ft. P3P, windsurfers only and battery mod.

Auto landing kicked in at 13% with 2000 feet left, my main Dji battery cut out (only power were the externals) and it resulted in Dji go crashing and rebooting my tablet. The last 2k feet was basically blind, fighting auto landing and keeping my heading. I was very happy to hand catch this one :) it also corrupted my screen recording video, will post if I can repair it. I need a new Dji battery, this one is at 80% life left.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Q96zqIR.jpg
Can't believe you're doing this with windsurfers. I envy your flying location. Nice work man!!

Reactions: Digdat0
back from vacation, new batteries and new PR of 41,307 ft. P3P, windsurfers only and battery mod.

Auto landing kicked in at 13% with 2000 feet left, my main Dji battery cut out (only power were the externals) and it resulted in Dji go crashing and rebooting my tablet. The last 2k feet was basically blind, fighting auto landing and keeping my heading. I was very happy to hand catch this one :) it also corrupted my screen recording video, will post if I can repair it. I need a new Dji battery, this one is at 80% life left.

Q96zqIR.jpg
That's pretty impressive. So when the DJI battery shut down and then Go App crashed you just maintained the heading with the stick and applied some arbitrary amount of lift to keep it off the ground? Or could you see it? Or did the app come back up and you brought it in using telemetry/camera? How long were you running on externals only? Nice work!

Can't believe you're doing this with windsurfers. I envy your flying location. Nice work man!!
thanks man. come visit Oregon, its great here! this spot is pretty good, no interference and a slight hill to take off from, it seems to send the signal well. And, I'm shooting the signal between two trees. I didn't move the RC once .. I wanted screen recording so you guys can see how good the signal is at 40k out, with just windsurfers. I could keep going if i had more battery. Here's my view from this morning:

ute2H4C.jpg

Q96zqIR.jpg
Wow that's amazing.

That's pretty impressive. So when the DJI battery shut down and then Go App crashed you just maintained the heading with the stick and applied some arbitrary amount of lift to keep it off the ground? Or could you see it? Or did the app come back up and you brought it in using telemetry/camera? How long were you running on externals only? Nice work!

At that point, I could hear it but not see it yet. I had a straight flight in, so just kept it going forward and gave it 60% altitude stick, which was totally gut feeling. I'm glad I've flown on auto landing before, so I kinda knew how much to give it, but i was really guessing. Here's what HD shows for the last status in the log, last connection was at point "I" and that shows i was 1,728 ft feet away. I'd say that was about 30 seconds, maybe a tad more. The app never came back, it actually rebooted my tablet entirely and i was landed before i could try and restart (and i didn't want to take my thumbs off the sticks cause it was so close). Most of that 1700 feet was completely blind, just hearing it .. maybe the last couple hundred feet I finally saw it in the sky.

The camera on the aircraft kept recording the whole time, but when i caught it the battery was definitely not powered on. I'm going to try and put the telemetry data onto that video and share it.

dun7B0I.jpg

At that point, I could hear it but not see it yet. I had a straight flight in, so just kept it going forward and gave it 60% altitude stick, which was totally gut feeling. I'm glad I've flown on auto landing before, so I kinda knew how much to give it, but i was really guessing. Here's what HD shows for the last status in the log, last connection was at point "I" and that shows i was 1,728 ft feet away. I'd say that was about 30 seconds, maybe a tad more. The app never came back, it actually rebooted my tablet entirely and i was landed before i could try and restart (and i didn't want to take my thumbs off the sticks cause it was so close). Most of that 1700 feet was completely blind, just hearing it .. maybe the last couple hundred feet I finally saw it in the sky.

The camera on the aircraft kept recording the whole time, but when i caught it the battery was definitely not powered on. I'm going to try and put the telemetry data onto that video and share it.

dun7B0I.jpg
Nice piloting man... Blind autoland is like Capt. Sully level piloting lol!

**** Dig that's impressive!!! flying blind is some scary s**t!!

image.png
image.png
Hey guys I know this is not an inspire forum but I just took my i1 8 miles for a 16 mile round trip.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 377
  • image.png
    image.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 358

Wow! Everything about that flight is amazing, the distance with wind surfers, losing the app, flying blind while fighting auto landing. Great skills and great flying Dig. I had to deal with auto land when I came up a mile short of home, but I still had video so I landed it right where I wanted and then retrieved it. I can't imagine doing that blind.

image.png
image.png
Hello Jake here is my 10.3 mile flight. Thanks for posting it

P3A
MaxxRange antenna
Battery Mod = 2 MultiStar 4.0 "overpacked"
KDE Motors
CF Reinforced Ptops
3mph winds

I will post my video once I've finished editing
Thanks Jake

Nice piloting man... Blind autoland is like Capt. Sully level piloting lol!

Actually yea, its very similar as both were done completely autonomously, and neither even touched the controls.
Sully still had to punch in all the stats, water lading, wind direction and what not ,lol

View attachment 61737 View attachment 61735 Hello Jake here is my 10.3 mile flight. Thanks for posting it

P3A
MaxxRange antenna
Battery Mod = 2 MultiStar 4.0 "overpacked"
KDE Motors
CF Reinforced Ptops
3mph winds

I will post my video once I've finished editing
Thanks Jake
39:12 @ 15% is awesome. You left a lot on the table man! Congrats! You have got a great combination there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94