Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Thanks, SWFL is pretty flat and this was over some orange groves so I had no interference. I think I could have gone farther but the RTH warning came on and because I have no access to the area I was flying over I didn't want to take the chance of it going down and not being able to retrieve it.

Reactions: Digdat0
Normal batteries strapped to the sides you prob wouldnt notice, in fact it probly feels more solid! But get extreme and really weigh it down and the wind can push it off coarse a little

Hey db, was looking on horizon web site and saw this 6.6 battery, the site says it only weighs half a pound which is half the weight of the multi star 5.2. What do you think? Have you had any experience with this one?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468550503.357724.jpg

Hey db, was looking on horizon web site and saw this 6.6 battery, the site says it only weighs half a pound which is half the weight of the multi star 5.2. What do you think? Have you had any experience with this one?

I'm not so sure that battery is only half a pound, or 8oz (226g). The multi star 4s 6600 is about 530g, which is probably closer to the real weight.

View attachment 59821

I'm not so sure that battery is only half a pound, or 8oz (226g). The multi star 4s 6600 is about 530g, which is probably closer to the real weight.

Anytime they split a battery they're adding a little more weight, which shrinkwrap an extra wires. So while the 6.6 split I will handle fine, I found the single 6.6 to be too heavy because of it's awkward size and location. I sent my 6.6 that I was getting 39 minutes out of to be split, when I got it back because of the extra wires and resistance that comes with splitting a battery, I couldn't get more than 30 minutes out of it.
That being said, I'd be willing to try a 6.6 split again. But I don't have a lot of faith in split batteries versus single batteries

Anytime they split a battery they're adding a little more weight, which shrinkwrap an extra wires. So while the 6.6 split I will handle fine, I found the single 6.6 to be too heavy because of it's awkward size and location. I sent my 6.6 that I was getting 39 minutes out of to be split, when I got it back because of the extra wires and resistance that comes with splitting a battery, I couldn't get more than 30 minutes out of it.
That being said, I'd be willing to try a 6.6 split again. But I don't have a lot of faith in split batteries versus single batteries
I really want to know about their testing flight time!!! Asking first before buying..... We have to save money & time

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Got a reply back from horizon, the battery weighs 580g, the weight on web site is an estimate for shipping purposes

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How far could you fly without the Windsurvers
Honestly I haven't tried without but I would have been pretty close to this flight, the area is flat and open. The only reason I stopped where I did was due to the low battery/RTH warning.

Lihv would be best(15.2) I believe Ed209 accidentally bought the 14.8 5.2 and before He sent it back concluded that they don't give as much flight time

Hey db, I have to change the motors on my p3p, instead of soldering the motors to the circuit board, what do you think of sniping the motor wires on the old and the new ones and twisting them together with a dab of solder and then liquid tape.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey db, I have to change the motors on my p3p, instead of soldering the motors to the circuit board, what do you think of sniping the motor wires on the old and the new ones and twisting them together with a dab of solder and then liquid tape.

Maybe someone else can chime in but I see no reason why that would hurt one bit. I took a P2 and swapped it to a tarot 650 frame, which meant I added about 6-12 inches to the wiring, and it made no difference at all. So in my opinion and experience you'll be fine

Last edited:
Maybe someone else can chime in but I see no reason why that would hurt one bit. I took a P2 and swapped it to a tarot 650 frame, which meant I added about 6-12 inches to the wiring, and it made no difference at all. So in my opinion and experience you'll be fine

Thanks bud

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3