Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Nice weather in the UK Update again 42,180ft P3A New motors MaxxRange Sunhans boosters Battery mulitstar 5200Mah Lihv landed @ 14% total flight time 30.47

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 311
  • Full Signals.png
    Full Signals.png
    2 MB · Views: 327
  • image.png
    image.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 364
What battery mod Mohan?
Ed - it is basically a multistar 6600 Hobbyking pack split. We have tried a few experimental changes. Not sure if we can replicate the benefits so going to do more testing. It appears to give 40 minutes of flying time

Reactions: Digdat0
Nice weather in the UK Update again 42,180ft P3A New motors MaxxRange Sunhans boosters Battery mulitstar 5200Mah Lihv landed @ 14% total flight time 30.47

Nice flight

Reactions: Pluto88888
Ed - it is basically a multistar 6600 Hobbyking pack split. We have tried a few experimental changes. Not sure if we can replicate the benefits so going to do more testing. It appears to give 40 minutes of flying time
Tom at Midwest horizon split my 6.6 for me and it cut it down from 39 minute flight time to a 29 minute flight time

Reactions: Lee SK
Tom at Midwest horizon split my 6.6 for me and it cut it down from 39 minute flight time to a 29 minute flight time
Something must have gone wrong with the mod. I have done so many mods with batteries I have lost count. Theoretical advantages never translate to real life figures. That is why I am not jumping up and down thinking I have found a solution. It is hard to understand why sometimes certain battery packs work incredibly well. Unknown caller appears to get long flights with the split DJI pack which I can't replicate. In theory it should be the same. That is why I didn't elaborate too much on the battery mod.

I prefer the Hyperion 2800 x2 battery packs - they give me around 35 minutes flying time (after 14 flights) but are expensive and heavy. I will use the Hyperions for a 'job' - recently had to search for a RC Airplane lost in the woods and had to fly in a search pattern and when finally located had to hover over the location for ages until the search party retrieved the plane. I know the Hyperions won't let me down. They may not be the lightest or let the craft fly the longest time but they will not cut out suddenly.

There's so much mystery and miss understanding of why these split mods are working in some cases and not in others, and I understand what you're saying that you can't pinpoint what works and what don't. I think for us to find the answer together we need to start a thread and share what mine has and what yours have, what your bird has etc. so together we can come with an understanding and try to figure this thing out. Because with these great antennas and great pilots the only thing that's dividing us now is figuring out this power situation

In case you guys missed it on the other thread I got a chance to do a one-way signal test in the same exact spot under the same conditions that I went 19 1/2 miles with the terminator boosted, this time with the maxxrange boosted. The maxxrange is a good antenna, but from all my tests clearly not as good as the Terminator. Once I got past 11 miles bars start dipping and I had to climb altitude to regain them in distances the terminator still had full bars. And my signal dropped all together after 76,000 feet, at that range I still had full bars with the terminator.

Maxxrange
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465219754.840554.jpg

Terminator
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465219776.823601.jpg

In case you guys missed it on the other thread I got a chance to do a one-way signal test in the same exact spot under the same conditions that I went 19 1/2 miles with the terminator boosted, this time with the maxxrange boosted. The maxxrange is a good antenna, but from all my tests clearly not as good as the Terminator. Once I got past 11 miles bars start dipping and I had to climb altitude to regain them in distances the terminator still had full bars. And my signal dropped all together after 76,000 feet, at that range I still had full bars with the terminator.

Maxxrange
View attachment 56192

Terminator
View attachment 56193
Hi, DB, Is it same day??

No same flight path same wind and weather conditions, I've been waiting a month for the winds to be right so I can go that direction for one way so it would be a fair test
same place, same path .... but I found that everyday signal staus is difference.
DB! your are a real best pilot!!!

same place, same path .... but I found that everyday signal staus is difference.
DB! your are a real best pilot!!!
Yeah that's true about different days different signals Lee, that's why I waited so long to make sure that the conditions were very similar. It's as close as I could do to match the test so it would be fair.

Reactions: Lee SK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3