Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Hold on to your Controllers kiddies Uncle Pablo‘s got a Big one...

New Light bridge One-way flight or The suicide flight distance World Record for Any DJI UAV. 128,731ft or 24.38 Miles or 39.24km This Was Done with a P3P Over
Lake Okeechobee. Thanks to James Faulhaber for receiving it on the other side.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Last edited:

New Light bridge One-way flight or The suicide flight distance World Record for Any DJI UAV. 128,731ft or 24.38 Miles or 39.24km This Was Done with a P3P Over

booster ?
antenna ?
battery ?

on the other hand I want to make a criticism of your avatar.
extol the medelim cartel should have punishment!

Last edited:
booster ?
antenna ?
battery ?

on the other hand I want to make a criticism of your avatar.
extol the medelim cartel should have punishment!

It’s not my best mug shot pic.
And thank you on your Congratulations.
On this flight I was running 3w Sunhans , 19dbi ARC, 2 4000mah Muti stars...

e06f0f4e760ea5f2540ee52c55af9341.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc

That is quite something!

This is nowhere near as impressive, but I might hold the record for P3S/P3 4K distance with the stock battery. 20,000ft out over water, another 20,000 ft back, full signal all the way.

RC modifications are described in another thread, but can repost here if anyone is interested.

-Adrian

That is quite something!

This is nowhere near as impressive, but I might hold the record for P3S/P3 4K distance with the stock battery. 20,000ft out over water, another 20,000 ft back, full signal all the way.

RC modifications are described in another thread, but can repost here if anyone is interested.

-Adrian

Nice run Adrian it look like you still had a little bit left in the tank to. I don’t own a P3S I know it can be challenging to get range from them without having the light bridge. It look like your signal score was real good. Have you tried a battery mod yet?

Nice run Adrian it look like you still had a little bit left in the tank to. I don’t own a P3S I know it can be challenging to get range from them without having the light bridge. It look like your signal score was real good. Have you tried a battery mod yet?

Not yet - that is the next thing although I will need to do some research/experiments first to find what works best, since the P3S isn't great at handling the extra weight.

FYI, the 40,000ft run was done using my own RC mod that combines the ARGtek mount with the 4Hawks Raptor SR antennas, together with 2x 2.4 GHz Sunhans 3W and 1x 5.8 GHz REXUAV 4W booster, plus a 3000 mAh battery and a battery monitor so I can watch the amplifier battery % charge during flight. The modifications all fit within the cuboid envelope of the stock RC, so everything still fits in my case.

I am pretty confident from the signal data the drone could go 40,000ft one way too, and still maintain a good signal. If I can find a suitable lake I will try that - I also think I could get to 50,000ft one way on the battery with no wind if I cut it fine. If I am really brave and pick a day with a 30mph tailwind, 100,000ft on the stock battery one way may be possible.

IMG_6519.JPG IMG_7844.JPG IMG_6402.JPG IMG_1445.JPG IMG_3022.JPG

-Adrian

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hey Pablo that is some ballsy flight over lake Okee...I bet you where a bit nervous going that far over water!

So much for that VLOS thing!

If your joking, ha ha.
If you are serious, get lost and dont come back to troll this thread!
It's very clear the type of flying this thread is about, and your comment not only doesn't belong here, but also is against the rules of PP forum.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were kidding because I don't know you.

Guess I should have ended with </sarcasm>
I'm slowly getting my max distance up but it is strictly stock, other than parabolic range extenders. Don't have the cajones to go that far.

It's no secret I'm not a huge fan of Pablo Chacon, not because he hasn't done amazing achievements in the long distance arena, because he certainly has. More so, because he hasn't done anything to help others get close to those achievements, by keeping his secrets closely guarded (which is his right), while most all others when this thread was popular lived for sharing.
Well all of that and the fact that he loves to refer to himself in third person.

But I would like to say congratulations and kudos for this flight, based solely on the fact that some of us early suicide mission participants wasn't aware that if you lose signal on the P3 after say 64000 feet or somewhere in that range, your a/c autolands whether you're ready or not! So to attempt that distance over the lake instead of over cornfields takes a lot of *****. Congratulations on the safe landing Pablo[emoji41]

So much for that VLOS thing!

Guess I should have ended with </sarcasm>
I'm slowly getting my max distance up but it is strictly stock, other than parabolic range extenders. Don't have the cajones to go that far.

Then I offer my apologies Offroader , Hopefully you can understand how that could be taken the wrong way. Simply because people pop up on these distance the threads every now and again to waive their finger, and rant about how distance flyers are ruining the hobby for everyone. I'll always be the first to call those people out for trolling, but that's obviously not what you were doing.
Good luck on your next distance attempts, it's easy to get past the nerves when you realize these things are replaceable[emoji41]. You just have to lose a few of them to get comfortable with it.

It's no secret I'm not a huge fan of Pablo Chacon, not because he hasn't done amazing achievements in the long distance arena, because he certainly has. More so, because he hasn't done anything to help others get close to those achievements, by keeping his secrets closely guarded (which is his right), while most all others when this thread was popular lived for sharing.
Well all of that and the fact that he loves to refer to himself in third person.

But I would like to say congratulations and kudos for this flight, based solely on the fact that some of us early suicide mission participants wasn't aware that if you lose signal on the P3 after say 64000 feet or somewhere in that range, your a/c autolands whether you're ready or not! So to attempt that distance over the lake instead of over cornfields takes a lot of *****. Congratulations on the safe landing Pablo[emoji41]

Well first of all I’d like to say thank U for the congratulations & Kudos & my apologies for knocking you off the number one spot again. The suicide mission or one-way flight is definitely interesting a different kind of flying then a round-trip for sure but fun and quite a rush nevertheless. It Definitely takes a little more planning and a good friend to receive your bird on the other side.

But I will strongly disagree that saying that I haven’t done ANYTHING to help other is highly inaccurate. My antennas my amplifiers or boosters my flying area my wind speeds my modified camera for round-trip flights I have shared with everybody. The only thing I haven’t shared was exactly what my external batteries were. Which I’ve done so many testings and failures and loss birds that this information I think long-range Flyers need to evaluate for themselves. I still think the P3 is best long-range DJI LR flyer made. I think the newer DJI drones unfortunately are going To have too many restrictions to fly LR hopefully not maybe we get some generous hackers to break down some of these barriers. I have hopes for the MP2 but I am will be still pushing the boundaries with the good old reliable Long range sniper the P3.

And I think all great egomaniacs refer them self into third person.

I’m kidding of course.

It GOOD your still flying long range keep up the good work brother. There are still Achievements out there too be had.

Long range flying for life...[emoji576][emoji341]

Last edited:
Well done Pablo great to see the boundary's getting pushed even further
Im stretching my limits here in the UK so far 10.34 miles return flight :)

Thanks snowy23 I appreciate it. The boundaries do need to be pushed. I’m glad to see LRF are still cranking out the P3 and appreciating what kind of aircraft it really is. Keep up the good work brother.

Reactions: Loz and snowy23
I've recently acquired an original P3P to add to the collection and will be modding it as well as a P4A to see which one is better.
First rule of long range flying is "have spares" :D

3 sparks in their cases as well as a few other Mavics, and the world record holding Mavic is in it's box hibernating.

ZUOjcIe.jpg

I've recently acquired an original P3P to add to the collection and will be modding it as well as a P4A to see which one is better.

3 sparks in their cases as well as a few other Mavics, and the world record holding Mavic is in it's box hibernating.

ZUOjcIe.jpg

Awesome. Welcome to the P3. It looks like you have a slight addiction.

Reactions: UnknownCaller

ZUOjcIe.jpg

For those of you that dont know, lolo780 is a record holder and valuable member of the mavic leaderboard thread! He specializes in extreme unorthodox test to push the mavic to the limit of both distance as well as overcoming the distance restriction. As well as experimenting how much torture the mavic can take in weight reductions to acheive the extreme. He would be a welcome reviver of this P3 thread and he clearly has enough extra birds to experiment with! So I'd like to see him join in here. After all the mavic leader board has kinda peaked already[emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT