Official P3 Range Leaderboard

WEll yesterday I tried to make a run at dirtybums record. I made it out 59k but came up short about 5miles and autoland kicked in. Battery dropped quick, pretty sure I lost a cell on the ms5200 inflight. Here's the video of the landing flight and landing. Screen recorder didn't work, so just the p3p cam. That record may be cursed ..

WEll yesterday I tried to make a run at dirtybums record. I made it out 59k but came up short about 5miles and autoland kicked in. Battery dropped quick, pretty sure I lost a cell on the ms5200 inflight. Here's the video of the landing flight and landing. Screen recorder didn't work, so just the p3p cam. That record may be cursed ..

I saw this on your channel the other day. Great run! It doesn't look like the same location from your previous runs, Is this a new location?

I saw this on your channel the other day. Great run! It doesn't look like the same location from your previous runs, Is this a new location?
its the same spot, i'm flying SouthWest now, rather than southeast. i was running into mountains lol. The other way is to the "left" of this video.

Reactions: Pluto88888
its the same spot, i'm flying SouthWest now, rather than southeast. i was running into mountains lol. The other way is to the "left" of this video.

Are you getting better range heading west vs east?

Are you getting better range southwest vs east or is it easier to get out to it if you have to bail?

Nice try Dig !
Who's never try ,never fail !! But DirtyBum " world record" will be very hard to beat
Have you confirmed now that it was a bad cell ? Any HD link to see power and signal ( supposed you have used your CCP panel).I'm worry about the bad cells, seems Ed 209 have the same problem ( not sure if it was the MS or the Dji battery .
How many charge on this one ?

Reactions: Pluto88888
Nice try Dig !
Who's never try ,never fail !! But DirtyBum " world record" will be very hard to beat
Have you confirmed now that it was a bad cell ? Any HD link to see power and signal ( supposed you have used your CCP panel).I'm worry about the bad cells, seems Ed 209 have the same problem ( not sure if it was the MS or the Dji battery .
How many charge on this one ?
Very hard to beat Dirtybum I done 52,000ft out and back with winds 3-4mph landed with 3% battery.
I'm having some strange flights times some days I get 33.40 minutes with 5200mah 10% battery
Sometimes I only get 27.40 to 10%battery
Must be the cold weather or climate playing with battery life.

Are you getting better range southwest vs east or is it easier to get out to it if you have to bail?
when i was going SE, i ran out of flying space. Both directions have spots i can easily get the drone from if needed, so thats not a big issue .. lots of side access roads under where i fly. I went one way cause it was in a valley and contained the signal from my windsurfers .. I maxed that direction out at 60k and lost a phantom in the hills 60k out. I then moved to a boosted antenna and could go the other direction which was going out of the valley (SW), so it didn't need to contain it .. and now i dont have to worry about running into the hills again.

when i was going SE, i ran out of flying space. Both directions have spots i can easily get the drone from if needed, so thats not a big issue .. lots of side access roads under where i fly. I went one way cause it was in a valley and contained the signal from my windsurfers .. I maxed that direction out at 60k and lost a phantom in the hills 60k out. I then moved to a boosted antenna and could go the other direction which was going out of the valley (SW), so it didn't need to contain it .. and now i dont have to worry about running into the hills again.

Man, that sucks losing that phantom. Assuming you weren't able to recover it at all? I'm running out of room as well in the location where I currently make my runs. I literally pass between two radio towers and a small residential area and I'm always picking up interference. It's not till I get out past 23,000ft or so does the signal come back full but tslowlywley fades again as I head past 35,000ft. I'm gonna start heading to a new spot to make some new passes. Its a little over an hour away and a bit of a haul, but it's the only to avoid the interference.

Nice try, Dig! You were chasing Dirtybum's record and I'm trying to chase yours with the windsurfer :) Didn't you have a bad cell in another MS5200 just recently? I hope mine won't do that but I'll definitely have to have a plan for emergency landing when going long distance. Had to do it once and it was nerve wracking.

@JakeMaxxUAV - Here is my personal best with a windsurfer & battery mod (MS5200 + power clip). Please update the leaderboard when you have a chance.
Long_distance_flight.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures