No live video

Hi again,

I try it ..... change version to 1.0.39 ...... after 1-2 min same problem.

I try Galaxy S4 mini ...version 39 and 40 .... same problem

So .... camera is moving UP-Down ....just not preview

1600ft! Wow that's great. Thanks for the info.

I have good live video.
-- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
-- AT&T carrier
-- Android v4.2.2
-- DJI Vision App v1.0.39, updates turned off
-- Preview Quality - 640x480 15fps
-- FPV distance about 1600 ft. in an urban park, houses apartments and businesses all around.
-- Never had a black screen at start up, occasionally a bit laggy and freezes, but only for a moment.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.[/quote]

Dogstr said:
Like to hear from those who have live video. “FPV Good Connection”.
I’m one of many with the dreaded wifi “connection broken” problem.
DJI sells lots of P2V+. They must be working for somebody. Right?
I’d like to hear from P2V+ owners with a good WiFi camera connection.
Which phone/tablet and cell carrier are you using? Any special settings? How far away can you go and still maintain a fpv connection?
If a certain phone/tablet shows up often, it could be helpful.
I understand this is an ongoing problem and I've tried many of the solutions listed with no success.
Thanks,

Ive had no problems at all with Ios7 on an Iphone5. Latest updates on everything. 15fps or 30fps both work.
I've flown my P2V+ for over 20 hours and It has been absolutely perfect. One early crash which proved to me how resilient they are.
The photo below was taken whilst testing out the standard equipment over friends land where there is little or no interference.
I had both control and 640 x 480 30fps video at 1600m.
Not sure what your problems could be but I do hope you all get them sorted.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    265.5 KB · Views: 465
I'm at a loss. I've been using the DJI app 1.0.37 since mid-May with no issues. No all of the sudden, I get no FPV using my iPhone or iPad. I can record video and take pics but no live FPV. I saw posts with the windows version of previous software, anything with Apple?

I'll try to delete then re-download and see if that works and report back.

Update: If you're able to use the app in some form DON'T DELETE it. I did and reinstalled now it won't let me log in. Keeps saying "Requst Timeout". Somebody forgot to use the spell check.

Update update: stupid error. Was connected to my Phantom not the internet. Can connect now but still no video. : :x

Hello all

My first post and guess what ?
Bought 2 days ago a P2V+. Did the updates and checks.
This is a great machine.
Read also about the warning and fly aways, thats why i am very cautious not to mess up things.

I used the v1.04 app to get live video on android.
The app runs but when i go into camera the telemetry work but no live video.
On top off that the app crashes and goes to the first app screen.
When i press camera again i see the repeater green light blink a few seconds and the solid green when the whole cycle starts over again.
As mentioned by some i can use everything except the live video.

I even rebooted the repeater and did the initializing to bind the camera again to the system.
No success, so i'm going to try to install and delete version 1.039 a few times as mentioned.
I have a friend who has a 5c iphone, maybe i get something out of it tomorrow.
Fingers crossed !

JP

dkyacht said:
YES!! Thank you guys so much! Wow its so much better being able to see what your looking at. I don't get why dji wouldn't just roll back to this version. Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!!

Dave

Which phone or tablet worked?

Guys, the problem was cause from v3.04. It is a heat related issue. Once the Phantom reaches a certain operating temp it will lose connection to the network. You can still fly, you just wont have any streaming video. If you have not upgraded to v3.04 yet, DON'T!!!

This will take a firmware upgrade to fix. Unless.....someone pops the cover of the phantom and finds the heat sensor (and without going into a long detail), and adds a resistor so that only x-amount of resistance being allowed to the heat sensor. This of coarse would be a band-aid until a proper fix is put in place.

Meantime, fly in cooler weather is the only option of anything normal.

Eagle Simon said:
Dogstr said:
Like to hear from those who have live video. “FPV Good Connection”.
I’m one of many with the dreaded wifi “connection broken” problem.
DJI sells lots of P2V+. They must be working for somebody. Right?
I’d like to hear from P2V+ owners with a good WiFi camera connection.
Which phone/tablet and cell carrier are you using? Any special settings? How far away can you go and still maintain a fpv connection?
If a certain phone/tablet shows up often, it could be helpful.
I understand this is an ongoing problem and I've tried many of the solutions listed with no success.
Thanks,

Ive had no problems at all with Ios7 on an Iphone5. Latest updates on everything. 15fps or 30fps both work.
I've flown my P2V+ for over 20 hours and It has been absolutely perfect. One early crash which proved to me how resilient they are.
The photo below was taken whilst testing out the standard equipment over friends land where there is little or no interference.
I had both control and 640 x 480 30fps video at 1600m.
Not sure what your problems could be but I do hope you all get them sorted.

Maybe I need a new phone. Thanks for the info. Looks great.

Dogstr said:
dkyacht said:
YES!! Thank you guys so much! Wow its so much better being able to see what your looking at. I don't get why dji wouldn't just roll back to this version. Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!!

Dave

Which phone or tablet worked?

Dogstr after going back to .39 it works on my note 2 & 3, and a older galaxy s3.

Dave

Has anyone sent their Phantom in for service before? How long did it take?

I had the black screen issue and could not find a remedy. decided the only option is to get a replacement before the thirty day warranty expired.

Here is what I tried:
- successful re-binding the wifi extender and phantom.
- renamed the wifi extender.
- used on iphone5 and ipad in airplane mode and lowest video quality settings.
- tried app versions 1.0.37 to 1.0.39 on android phones.
- successful firmware update on phantom

- I still had control a good connection displaying the phantom flight data and control of the camera with the ability to still take videos/photos. Preview still worked also.

DJI told me they have no solution to the issue so far.Did anyone else have to make the decision to send in for the same issue.

ChicagoEye1 said:
Has anyone sent their Phantom in for service before? How long did it take?

I had the black screen issue and could not find a remedy. decided the only option is to get a replacement before the thirty day warranty expired.

Here is what I tried:
- successful re-binding the wifi extender and phantom.
- renamed the wifi extender.
- used on iphone5 and ipad in airplane mode and lowest video quality settings.
- tried app versions 1.0.37 to 1.0.39 on android phones.
- successful firmware update on phantom

- I still had control a good connection displaying the phantom flight data and control of the camera with the ability to still take videos/photos. Preview still worked also.

DJI told me they have no solution to the issue so far.Did anyone else have to make the decision to send in for the same issue.

Chicago, do you have no live video?

Dave

Hey y'all. I got a DJI Phantom 2+ about a week ago. The very first flight, everything worked perfect following the Quick Start Guide as did the next two or three. But, recently I opened the DJI app to get the "broken connection" error. I read where re-binding would possibly fix it so I gave it a try. And success, it did work. However, the very next flight it went bad again. :( Now, I can't even re-bind it. I go through the process as they tell me in the manual, I'm able to reset it, connect for long enough to go in and scan the QR code, click the tick, and when I go into the camera mode I immediately lose the connection completely.

Does anyone have helpful suggestions or a solution. This is really bugging me because I can't do any aerial photography.

Tested the P2V+ on the iphone 5 of a colleague. He downloaded the 1.04 app and nothing else after installation. It works, we had live video and no crash of the app. Guess i have to look into a new tablet because the screen is to small for my old eyes.

Hello all

So after the test this morning i knew some use the nexus 7 ( seen on youtube ).
Its just for this one application i'm not quiet keen on spending a lot of money to get the FPV experiance.
So after some snooping around in pricing i decided to buy a me173x from asus.
Main thing is thats a 1,2ghz quad prosessor.
Hooked it up to install the V1.039. That worked fine, just in the highest video setting the range wasn't that good, for my little experience with FPV the video hasn't have to be high quality but has to be fluent.
So it already made my day.
I couldn't resist on updating to V1.04.
After all i could return to the previous version even it would be a pain in the ...
After updating the app true the play store, tested and yes that works also !
Even the highest settings on the video download are better, but not that good enough to have a flawless video link. Thats my idea about it.
Anyway i have 1.04 running on the third setting, still 30fps but the resolution specs i forgot.
I am a happy camper, now to convert the provided support for the 7"tablet, i have a very low budget idea involving the demolitioned stock support and some power glue. Its going to depend if the power glue adhesives to the asus casing. With the previous tablet it did and it was a solid solution.

Still i have to wait for the first FPV flight. there is a storm outside now.

I had the idea that it would be interesting to make a list of apparatus that work to get live video ? Because i had a hard time finding some specs and the purchase of the ME173x was actually a shot in the dark. Lucky it turned out well, but for the same money it wouldn't.

Greetings
JP

I had the issue with my first Vision + and iPhone. I purchased the unit 4/25 received it a week later and discovered the problem.

My purchase was through B&H Photo and they provided an exchange (It took about 1 1/2 weeks due to supply). The new unit works fine.

From what I could tell, my previous unit would drop the WiFi connection as soon as the rotors were started. It occurred with the iPhone as well as my iPad Mini. It was consistent that as soon as the rotors were powered up the WiFi would disconnect, so my assessment is that its not an app issue as much as it is firmware on the Vision +. I have not changed the app and my new Vision is working fine. BTW I am operating it at the lower resolution video option on the FPV.

I had the issue with my first Vision + and iPhone. I purchased the unit 4/25 received it a week later and discovered the problem.

My purchase was through B&H Photo and they provided an exchange (It took about 1 1/2 weeks due to supply).

Same scenario here....I returned my bird to B&H on Tuesday..never could get a camera icon that wasn't greyed out........

jpelura3 said:
I'm at a loss. I've been using the DJI app 1.0.37 since mid-May with no issues. No all of the sudden, I get no FPV using my iPhone or iPad. I can record video and take pics but no live FPV. I saw posts with the windows version of previous software, anything with Apple?

I'll try to delete then re-download and see if that works and report back.

Update: If you're able to use the app in some form DON'T DELETE it. I did and reinstalled now it won't let me log in. Keeps saying "Requst Timeout". Somebody forgot to use the spell check.

Update update: stupid error. Was connected to my Phantom not the internet. Can connect now but still no video. : :x

Had the same problem with my second PV2+. Sent it back and now I'm on my third bird. With my first one flying the coop and my second being DOA, I'm almost scared to fly the third, but did get the guts to take it out of the box and test the camera. No dreaded black screen so far :)

shankel128 said:

My purchase was through B&H Photo and they provided an exchange (It took about 1 1/2 weeks due to supply). The new unit works fine.

From what I could tell, my previous unit would drop the WiFi connection as soon as the rotors were started. It occurred with the iPhone as well as my iPad Mini. It was consistent that as soon as the rotors were powered up the WiFi would disconnect, so my assessment is that its not an app issue as much as it is firmware on the Vision +. I have not changed the app and my new Vision is working fine. BTW I am operating it at the lower resolution video option on the FPV.

Perhaps they sent me your old one since I got it from their used department.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl