No live video

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got my P2V+ yesterday. I absolutely love it, and I'm already tearing around the skies. This may have been mentioned on here before but I haven't seen anything. What's the deal with the live video not working? I tried it on my Samsung note 3, note 2, galaxys 2, and iPhone 4. All running the most current software.

Any quick fixes? Any word on when dji is going to fix this? I purchased this to use with my business but because of the no live video it's essentially a $1300+ toy. Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave

Join the crowd. Sadly, it's a known issue to DJI and they insist they are working on it. It is a problem with the app. A lot of us are waiting to get the FPV back.

Reynold, is there any time frame known for the fix yet?

Matt yes I tried it on all the different settings. Thanks guys.

Dave

dkyacht said:

Dave
Have you tried 1.0.39 on your androids? That version works very well for lots of us. 1.0.40 is crap for the plus.

BlackTracer said:
dkyacht said:

Dave
Have you tried 1.0.39 on your androids? That version works very well for lots of us. 1.0.40 is crap for the plus.

Forgive my ignorance but what is that and how would I go about doing that? Does it completely fix the live video issue?

Dave

I did not get any time frame from the techs at DJI....just "the engineers are working on it." This has been going on so long...surely, they are close to a fix!

I have downloaded 1.0.39 but, when I bring up the camera, the app instantly says, "Phantom Vision has now stopped". I guess that error denotes a "crash" of the app. Any thoughts?

Guys where are you finding the 1.0.39 version to download?

Thanks Reynold, I hope they are close to a fix!

Dave

YES!! Thank you guys so much! Wow its so much better being able to see what your looking at. I don't get why dji wouldn't just roll back to this version. Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!!

Dave

The reason is the P2Vs get bad video on 1.0.39. So they use 1.0.40 but we have better results with 1.0.39. This is part of the reason I use 1.08 firmware. Not 2.0+. I just don't trust dji software that much.

BlackTracer said:
The reason is the P2Vs get bad video on 1.0.39. So they use 1.0.40 but we have better results with 1.0.39. This is part of the reason I use 1.08 firmware. Not 2.0+. I just don't trust dji software that much.

When you are referring to bad video, do u mean the live video on the phone or the actual recorded video? What is the 1.08 firmware? Is that the camera firmware?

Now that I'm up and running on the 1.0.39 should I switch to 1.08?

Dave

I mean the live video on the phone, not the recorded video. 1.08 is flight control firmware, nothing to do with the camera. Its a long story but you should research the different versions of flight firmware on these things. I use 1.08 because I had a what I believe was a firmware flight issue with 3.0. I have proven it to myself that was the case because the problem immediately went away when I went to 1.08. There are others on here that swear by the latest firmware and still others that swear by 1.08. Dji introduced geofence restrictions(feature) in 2.0 then airport restrictions in 3.0+. I don't want that stuff or the complexity of it so I choose to not have it. Search these forums if you want more info on how to revert.

Thank you very much blacktracer for the info and quick response. I've only been on here a day and I can already tell you all are a good bunch of guys. Thanks again.

Dave

Reverting to .39 (Android) worked for me so far. Has anyone lost the feed while on .39? Here is how I "lost" the video feed.

While flying I decided to increase the brightness of my phone. I minimized the vision app and accessed the phone settings to increase the brightness. I then re-opened the vision app and I could see much better now. But wait.. the video is frozen. I close the app, re-open and then the video feed is gone (black screen of death..). I turn everything off (Phantom, remote, repeater, phone) and turn everything back on. Still a black image.

Hopefully a better app will be available soon.

Ok here's a question... If the current version of the app doesn't work on so many phones what the hell did they test it on? I mean I ended up trying it on 5 different devices all of which failed. How did they test and approve it??

Dave

Welcome to the world of DJI software. Untested. Released. Rereleased. Different problems. Next version. Untested. Released. Repeat the cycle. I am not kidding. If you find a version that works for you. Stick with it. Don't update. I think many will agree with. Fewer will disagree.

Wow!! I just don't get it..... it's such a amazing little machine with incredible technology in it. Why would that be where they decide to cut corners??!!

I mean come on get 2 or 3 people to go out to the parking lot at dji headquarters and play with the dam thing for a few days using different platforms... It's just beyond my comprehension I guess.

Dave

dkyacht said:
Wow!! I just don't get it..... it's such a amazing little machine with incredible technology in it. Why would that be where they decide to cut corners??!!

I mean come on get 2 or 3 people to go out to the parking lot at dji headquarters and play with the dam thing for a few days using different platforms... It's just beyond my comprehension I guess.

Dave

Not sure but did anyone even consider it might not be DJI but an Android problem?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik