No live video

Just tested it again on my iPhone and iPAd. Setting at lowest level 320 X 240 and 15 fps.

It worked for two minutes then stopped. I went to another location and it worked again and then stopped after two minutes,

I went home and sat it on the table and connected and just left it there to see how long it would last. Two minutes.

If its not heat it must be a buffering something....

For people that have one that did not work and then worked when they down graded the version.
It would be a good test to put their Phantom in the sun for a few minutes to get it hot and try it again.

It is absolutely heat related. My first vision+ worked flawlessly. I ordered a second one from B&H which I received last week. The new one did exactly the same thing as you're describing. After I turned it on after only a few minutes the screen would go black. Telemetry data and other information was there just no live video. After reading posts about it possibly being heat related, I decided to put it in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes to get a good cold soak. I then took it outside to fly and it worked great for about 15 minutes. Then it went to the black screen again.

Next day I called DJI and after several attempts I finally got through. I explained to the rep what had happened and what I had found and that they may have a problem with heat on certain components. She recommended I return it as it is probably defective.

I contacted B&H and they happily sent a replacement. I received it this week and have been flying it every day since. Absolutely no issues with video or anything. My recommendation is if you have this problem you need to return or exchange it.

Also as a footnote. I have both the Samsung S4 (which is android) and an iPad mini. I tried the defective unit on both & was getting the exact same issue. I even did it without powering the unit down just closing one app reestablishing Wi-Fi on the other and then opening the app again. I really don't think it's an app issue.

I thought I would post my issue as it relates to heat. Im running stock V3 firmware. I have flown flawlessly for a few months now. This weekend I put the phantom in the trunk of my black car and drove over to a friends. Left it in the trunk for about 30 minutes where no doubt the car was probably 100 degrees. Take it out to fly and no FPV. Let it cool down and no FPV.

Update: After letting it sit over night FPV is back working. Definitely heat issue

Perhaps a small block of wrapped dry ice placed inside would keep the temp down. Just an idea for an experiment.

Hi...

I too am having the FPV feed issue after having flown for at least a month without any problems. After having read through this thread a couple of times, and pretty much trying everything everyone has graciously recommended without a successful outcome, I'm inclined to recap my specific situation in the hopes of making some sense of it all.

The equipment:

DJI Phantom Vision II + - 3.04 firmware (The issue started while successfully running on V3.0 since drone purchase)
iPhone 5s - 1.0.37 App

The problem: no FPV feed to iPhone. As described multiple times before, everything else works fine.

An additional important fact: I live in Puerto Rico, where it's always hot and relatively humid, and usually carry my drone in a Toughcase XRV case in the trunk of my car. I haven't had any problems until 'THE PROBLEM' started (nothing particularly exceptional about that day).

What I've tried:

DJI:
Called DJI support, and after the dreaded 4-5 attempts (at least 30 min. wait followed by dropped calls), I finally got through. I described my problem and was told I would receive an email with recommendations to attempt to solve the issue. The service rep then told me that support would continue via the email thread, which, of course, never happened after attempting the recommendations (no need for details, we're all on the same page re: DJI support). As described in multiple postings, the recommendations were:

- run iPhone in Airplane mode
- have plenty of available memory on the phone
- close all apps prior to running the DJI app
- set stream to 15 FPS
- delete the app and re-install
- try a different iOS device

Note: interestingly enough, the rep never mentioned ANYTHING regarding requiring an app update, a possible hardware issue or anything other than the aforementioned recommendations (which, again, were never mentioned, just emailed).

In this thread: possible causes and solutions

- reverting to firmware 1.0.8 or 2.0
- reverting to App version 1.0.32 (this is the ONLY thing I haven't tried because I don't know where to get the app or how to re-install it)
- sticking the drone in the refrigerator
- re-installing firmware (any version)
- using fresh, fully charged battery in drone
- re-linking remote/range extender to drone

Like/unlike others that have contributed to this thread, I've not been able to get FPV to work at all (as opposed to intermittently or apparent all-out fixes) after multiple attempts at all of the aforementioned.

A few thoughts:

- My drone worked fine for weeks despite being exposed to heat and to using the (now suspicious) current firmware/app versions.
- Many of you seem to report, as I, that the problem began after many successful flying sessions..... so could it be some kind of hardware deterioration (perhaps due to heat), and would this type of deterioration be 'permanent' ? (my 30 day warranty period has expired... this, in addition to the very scary prospect of having to send this thing in to DJI makes me VERY nervous).
- Why, after working well w/ the current software, would the current software be a problem (at least on iPhone)?
- Another observation: there don't seem to be many postings with iOS devices, even less with iPhone 5(s) (which makes me even more nervous because, again, I'm inclined to think it's a drone hardware issue).
- do you guys think it's worth tinkering any more, or just wait until DJI releases a firmware/app upgrade and see what happens.
- Finally, having this issue myself and, consequently, being exposed to others that have this very issue, it seems to me that this is a prevalent problem. However, it appears that DJI is moving A LOT of these units, and so I'm wondering if we're in the minority, and, if so, just how much of a minority? I guess I'm getting at whether this is a significant issue for DJI.

Thanks for letting me vent and organize all the tangled thoughts regarding this issue. Any comments, suggestions, recommendations or words of solace will be gratefully received.

Hi guys, I've been flying now for a while on the .39 app version with no issues. I did a flight just a few hours ago same as all the others and close to home and I lost video. I landed, restarted everything not I can't even get to the camera screen. I get a error message, goes black then restarts the app.

I saw there was a new version of the app out today do I tried that, it worked but still no live video. I went back to .39 same thing, crashes.... what the hell??? I'm really getting sick of this piece of crap company! Any ideas?

Dave

Just tried switching back to phantom mode, no success there. Same issue. Here is a screen shot of the error message.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1403628682885.jpg[/attachment]

Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403628682885.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403628682885.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 462
It's definitely related to heat. Mine started to have the video feed problem as described here after being in the car for an hour in Florida 100 degree heat, has not worked since, approx a month.

No video feed, telemetry ok, take pictures and video.

Fly Bry said:
It's definitely related to heat. Mine started to have the video feed problem as described here after being in the car for an hour in Florida 100 degree heat, has not worked since, approx a month.

No video feed, telemetry ok, take pictures and video.

Ok here's a stupid question, if it's heat related would opening up the housing and using a dremmel to make more or bigger vents help at all? I really am at my witts end with this dam company!

Dave

i believe its a heat related fault, that once triggered that cannot be "reset" or corrected, like a component fails, and your out of luck.

Fly Bry said:
i believe its a heat related fault, that once triggered that cannot be "reset" or corrected, like a component fails, and your out of luck.

Our of luck as in take it to a local RC shop or out of luck as in back to crappy DJI?

Dave

I just loaded the new app - video not working still. I've done about everything except reload 1.032 (which I can't find), and nothing works except refrigeration. There's supposedly a fan in the camera housing of the vision, so obviously there are some heat issues they intended to address...its got to be either a ventilation problem or a component failed after heating up.

After 7 flights I have the same problem. First I got a freeze chopped up image and once restarting the app it would come back. Now I cannot connect to the camera at all. I cannot control its movements either. I started a Paypal dispute. They DJI responded with a why within a few hours. I'm hoping for a refund.

cougar said:
dkyacht said:
Wow!! I just don't get it..... it's such a amazing little machine with incredible technology in it. Why would that be where they decide to cut corners??!!

I mean come on get 2 or 3 people to go out to the parking lot at dji headquarters and play with the dam thing for a few days using different platforms... It's just beyond my comprehension I guess.

Dave

Not sure but did anyone even consider it might not be DJI but an Android problem?

I am on an iPhone and I have the same issues. Not much fun being blind, and as you say with a **** expensive toy to boot!

Problem with video FPV phantom 2 vision + (plus)

Good morning.
I have problems with my phantom 2 vision plus.
I cut the video signal on my iphone 5s.
Before that quadcopter, I had a phantom 2 vision, this worked perfectly.
I sold it and bought the last. But I have the problem I mentioned.
Telemetry data do not lose. The camera control works perfectly.
Under the video you make, has parts with fast forward to not become too long.

https://vimeo.com/98929026

Claim to DJI and I responded as follows:

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure you are operating your mobile device in airplane mode with all data off ( wifi on)
- Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software
- Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications
- Check the free space on your mobile device, we recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing the issue.
- Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again
- Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app

Obviously this had already done everything before I tell them what.
Now I made this new video, which looks good as the failure of the video freeze.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Tanks

Mine is still at the repair shop I plan on selling immediately if it can be fixed. I'm so disgusted with this thing. I've already found a more suitable replacement.

Dave

Re: Problem with video FPV phantom 2 vision + (plus)

Leorockford,

I watched your video and I didn't see where your Iphone lost its connection with the phantom. In your video you had text saying this, but I didn't see that message on the Iphone itself.

When the image is grayed and freeze.
When placing the message, and a time step before.
To view the poster, you have to see frame by frame.
I put pause and read.
The message disappears and the telemetry is working well and control the camera also works correctly.
Why I keep showing not lose control of the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav