no connection

Looking online for a download option. You probably could have installed dropbox by now.

So as I noted earlier in the thread, if you went to 1.8 or 1.9 on your AC, then your RC needs to be 1.6. That is due to an encryption change. You finally let us know that you went to 1.8, so that means you need to either go one version down on your AC, or update your RC to 1.6. If you would show hidden files on that folder as I also noted earlier, we can see the LOG_AB file which would help a lot. Do you happen to remember what version you had before you went to 1.8? Was it higher than 1.3.2? It's an important distinction.

It's hard to guess since you don't know the FW versions of your equipment. When was the last time you updated your RC? Was it before the change to app only RC updates, or was the last time you updated your RC back in the old days when we updated the RC with a USB stick?

90% or more of this has been answered throughout the post here.

So as I noted earlier in the thread, if you went to 1.8 or 1.9 on your AC, then your RC needs to be 1.6. That is due to an encryption change. You finally let us know that you went to 1.8, so that means you need to either go one version down on your AC, or update your RC to 1.6. If you would show hidden files on that folder as I also noted earlier, we can see the LOG_AB file which would help a lot. Of course now that you've formatted the card, you've erased the file. You can try to restore it by putting 1.8 back on the SD card and powering up the P3 again. It wont install since you already installed it, but it may restore the LOG_AB file that we needed to see.

Do you happen to remember what version you had before you went to 1.8? Was it higher than 1.3.2? It's an important distinction.

It's hard to guess since you don't know the FW versions of your equipment. When was the last time you updated your RC? Was it before the change to app only RC updates, or was the last time you updated your RC back in the old days when we updated the RC with a USB stick?

90% or more of this has been answered throughout the post here.
Not really Frank. He seems to skip over things here and also in his original thread. If you know, please let us know then if he had higher than 1.32 before, if he used a USB stick the last time he updated his RC, if he set the folder to show hidden files to get the LOG_AB file, if he understand the connection with AC 1.8 / RC 1.6, etc.

hi oso , if I look up downloads DJI for p3p i have 1.3.2 - 1.4 - v 1.8. 80 - 1.9.60 .
I think I did 1.8.80 as upload , can I go back to 1.3.2 ?

Not really Frank. He seems to skip over things here and also in his original thread. If you know, please let us know then if he had higher than 1.32 before, if he used a USB stick the last time he updated his RC, if he set the folder to show hidden files to get the LOG_AB file, if he understand the connection with AC 1.8 / RC 1.6, etc.
Ok , I'm a fairly new user and going by the date I must have had the 1.32 . which I didn't know , then upgraded to 18.80 with sd card for the copter and checked the card which said succes , cleaned it from txt and tried to do the same for the controller with a usb stick which did not work at all.
and no I'm sorry I do not understand that as yet, but I'm learning
I will try to set it back to 1.32 see if that will work

I think 1.7.6 is going to be the option.

hi oso , if I look up downloads DJI for p3p i have 1.3.2 - 1.4 - v 1.8. 80 - 1.9.60 .
I think I did 1.8.80 as upload , can I go back to 1.3.2 ?
To be clear, you are saying that you had 1.4 on your AC before you went to 1.8? I am asking because back in those days we needed to go to 1.32 before then proceeding to anything higher. That was the important distinction I mentioned before.

What I don't recall is if we needed to be at 1.32 on our RC's as well before going higher. I know that the 300B went to app updates first, and then the 300A followed later, but I don't specifically recall the versions. Do you recall Frank?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Ok , I'm a fairly new user and going by the date I must have had the 1.32 . which I didn't know , then upgraded to 18.80 with sd card for the copter and checked the card which said succes , cleaned it from txt and tried to do the same for the controller with a usb stick which did not work at all.
and no I'm sorry I do not understand that as yet, but I'm learning
I will try to set it back to 1.32 see if that will work

If you get 1.3.2 to work you will be in heaven.

Reactions: Oso
IF you have 1.3.2 remove everything off the microSD and place that version on the card and try it. Don't mess it up.

Oso he has older r/c firmware and 1.8 a/c. The two will not communicate. I don't understand why the a/c allowed new firmware. I have been on this all day....kind of stressful.

Well anyway all, thanks so much for your help for now , I really have to get something to eat and get my mind of it for a couple of minutes,
I'll be back and obviously I welcome all ideas that might come up.
Keep me posted plz , thx for now Frank and oso . talk soon ..... or later

I think 1.7.6 is going to be your lowest option now.

If you install dropbox you will have many more options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94